Page 31 of 176 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Talk about flogging a dead horse

He’s a free agent so why does anybody need permission ... can ask me :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just because you’re given permission to do something does not actually mean that you will do it. Some times you have to wonder “ What’s the catch ?”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Couldn’t agree more BT ... in China they call that “fan pi” pronounced “fun pee” literally farting but more accurately speaking bs.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-02-21 at 01:17 AM.

Yep C Smith has no contract with anyone so nobody needs permission to talk to him or offer a contract.
    If he wanted to play for us he would already be at training is my opinion. He has in the past taken a longer break from pre season at Melbourne but that was a system that he, in part, built so he only had to be physically ready when he arrived.
    I know players move on short notice to new clubs but they always take time to fit into the system and although Cam is one of the best to ever play the game it will still take him time to adjust otherwise we risk destabilising the entire team and what has been built over the last 12 months. Remember this is not a winger or forward here but the hooker who is such a huge part of the attack of teams now and to shoehorn in someone this late is fraught with danger.
    If he has been around the group and watching training and getting information from the coaches then yep happy for him to be a late arrival but I am worried that a great season could be wrecked before it begins because of it.

I thought there were issues regarding paying players their worth. Like when Parra tried to sign Izzy for $400k but the NRL auditor denied it.

NRL 2021: Broncos star Kotoni Staggs hunted by three NRL rivals

Brisbane faces a multimillion-dollar battle to retain Kotoni Staggs - and the club’s on-field performance could hinge on whether he stays loyal.

Peter Badel

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...97a0208bbb267e

The Broncos face a multimillion-dollar battle to retain Kotoni Staggs with the Gold Coast Titans among three NRL rivals targeting the rampaging Brisbane centre.

Just six months after stealing back-row sensation David Fifita from the Broncos, The Courier-Mail understands the Titans are ready to continue their Red Hill raid by making a big-money play for Staggs.

The development comes as Parramatta and the Bulldogs eye off Staggs, who is arguably the NRL’s No.1 centre after terrorising rivals last season with 10 tries from 14 games as Brisbane’s shining light in their wooden-spoon debacle.

Brisbane’s most lethal attacking player is off-contract at season’s end and the Broncos are set to confront a furious bidding war as NRL rivals prepare to pay more than $800,000 a season for the NSW Origin hopeful.

The Titans struck a devastating blow on the Broncos last season by poaching Fifita and Brisbane can ill-afford to lose another marquee talent to their Queensland rivals.

The Knights have also been linked with Staggs, but Newcastle chiefs are prioritising the extension of young gun Bradman Best and would need to offload other players to have the funds to attract the Broncos ace.
    “I don’t want to lose Kotoni,” Walters said.

“I understand there is interest in him but I see him as a 10-year player for the Broncos and it’s up to me to provide the right environment where he feels comfortable with what he is doing.

“He is a super player and we will fight hard to keep him at the Broncos.”

The Titans have done well to bolster their forward stocks with the signing of Fifita, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese and the next step is adding some strike to their three-quarter line.

Staggs is in no rush to decide his future given his rehabilitation from a knee reconstruction which will see him miss the opening three months of the 2021 premiership.

The 22-year-old hopes to hit the ground running when he returns to the park and a successful comeback would see his market value nudge the $1 million mark.

There was a time when the Titans were given no hope of poaching the Broncos’ best stars but the seismic defection of Fifita leaves Brisbane forever vulnerable.

Former Broncos skipper Gorden Tallis, now a Titans ambassador, said Brisbane’s on-field performance this season could determine whether Staggs stays loyal.

“Staggs is like a Latrell Mitchell, he will always command interest, so you have to build an organisation to convince him to stay,” he said.

“They have lost a bit of talent at the Broncos, so there is room in the cap for Kotoni.

“I think Kotoni can be a game breaker like Steve Renouf (Broncos centre tryscoring legend).

“Some of the things that Kotoni does is unbelievable. There were some games last season whether he dragged the Broncos into the game single-handedly.

“It’s important the Broncos keep him, but if he doesn’t want to be there, then that’s his decision. You don’t want someone if they aren’t happy at a club.”

First Grader

WTF is Tallis stating it is important that the Broncos keep Staggs. He should immediately front the Board and pledge who is loyalty is with and if not the Titans send him on his way

I realy hope we don't get too involved in a bidding war for staggs as we already have two really good centres and it would be a waste of cash in a position we don't need fixing

Inactive User

It’s been a bad week for Tallis and his ambassador role with us

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It’s been a bad week for Tallis and his ambassador role with us
    I've always been a bit skeptical of this role, which to me just looked like a play to have someone reasonably respected and present in the media out there advocating for us without really being a part of the club. In reality he's always been really out of touch with the team and makes some comments that indicate he hardly even watches our games. I always got the feeling that he just took the "ambassador" role on as another way to stick it to Bennett and the Broncos at the time

Tallis prides himself on having an opinion and voicing what he regards to be correct. In this case (Staggs and the broncos) he is just bleating the obvious.

Gorden was very vocal last year about how bad the broncos were because he is another "old boy" and the agenda was for them to get rid of the coach and get kevvie in there. Mission accomplished, now it's onto stage two for them...rebuilding. Didn't Lodge come out last year and ask Tallis to come in and help with his game...only to have Tallis reply to the effect...you got yourselves into this mess, you can get yourselves out of it? Now we hear he's at red hill at training! Hello!!

Unless he's there white anting for us (and lets face it, he isn't) we should probably start to politely, respectfully and quickly part ways before the off season ends. We've turned a huge corner as a club. Loyalty is so important now to our organisation.

Can you think of any Titans old boys you'd bring onboard in the roll of ambassador?? I bet you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Can you think of any Titans old boys you'd bring onboard in the roll of ambassador?? I bet you can!
    Didn’t we just hire Preston for this sort of a role?

I’m ok with Tallis doing his ambassador thing for us at this stage ... Gordie has always spoken well of us but he was a captain of the Broncos ... he should leave if he disrespects us but for example the John’s boys work with many clubs yet will always be Newie boys. He’s a media tart and let’s not forget when nobody believed in us we needed that.

Titans Frontline Instagram page just posted that there is some great news for the club getting released today. Cam Smith ??