Page 70 of 176 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2626

NZ being one of the biggest developers of talent in the game I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have Ezra helping with recruitment. Considering we should have the Gold Coast region locked down it’s a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    There is a balance between building for the future and needing to perform now. Unfortunately we can’t keep having “building years”. We have some momentum off field behind us but the goodwill will be all gone if we continue as we have the last few weeks. I agree I’m not overly fussed with the current free agent market but we need to start making moves for the future. No more proctor starting he can’t tackle or break the line. Don and Sami don’t cut it. Is Wallace our best starting prop? What current free agents improve our 2022 team even if it’s just an upgrade over what we have.
    If money was no issue and we didn't have some capable players, I would consider the following:

Proctor out for Kurt Capewell or Jayden Sua. This doesnt include people we already have eg Fermor, Farmer, Tino potentional 2nd row.

Wings look at some veterans who won't have a deal next yr but could give us some decent kick return metres like Josh Mansour or Blake Feguson as a stop gap until we can produce our own. Or look at people like Nicho Hynes who is stuck behind Paps but won't get a starting spot and see if he can be groomed into a centre/winger. Still want to see Marzhew get a go.

Hooker we know their is Josh Hodgson (potentially), Daryl Clark, Brandon Smith (for a player swap)

Halves we think are available Shaun Johnson, Anthony Milford, Tyson Gamble, Ash Taylor, Matt Moylan, Mitchell Moses (but he has to decide on PO soon)

I still think the preference is.
    1. Hooker
    2. 5/8
    3. Big bodied Wing/Centre

On a side note, interesting to see Tremain Spry has been named in Qcup this week.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    On a side note, interesting to see Tremain Spry has been named in Qcup this week.
    He played last week too

FIVE-EIGHTH
    Lachlan Croker, Matt Frawley, Blake Green, Ben Hampton, Nicho Hynes, Benji Marshall, Jeremy Marshall-King, Tyrone May, Corey Norman, Jaeman Salmon, Curtis Sironen, Will Smith, Billy Walters, Connor Watson

14 players off contract

HALFBACK
    Tanah Boyd, Phoenix Crossland, Troy Dargan, Dean Hawkins, Drew Hutchison, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Shaun Johnson, Lachlan Lewis, Anthony Milford, Sean O'Sullivan, Jordan Rankin, Ashley Taylor, Braydon Trindall, Paul Turner, Sam Williams

16 players off contract

HOOKER
    Billy Brittain, Joshua Cook, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Mitchell Kenny, Danny Levi, Jacob Liddle, Joey Lussick, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein, Jazz Tevaga

Not sure how accurate but this is off zero tackle all off contract at the end of the season.

Hines, Jacks and Tevaga (or wait for B Smith)

Did we sign Turner?

Tanah Boyd may keep Ash Taylor out of Titans team, Darren Lockyer says
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/

Tanah Boyd could keep $1 million man Ash Taylor out of the Titans halves, legendary playmaker Darren Lockyer says, with Taylor now fighting for his NRL career.

Boyd, on a fraction of Taylor's salary, filled Gold Coast's five-eighth position for Saturday's win over Wests Tigers. Taylor was omitted due to a combination of form and injury, with the maligned playmaker still battling the after-effects of off-season hip surgery.

Boyd scored a try and made a try assist in a 36-28 defeat of the Tigers, which ended a three-game losing streak and pushed the Titans into seventh spot (4-5). He is well regarded at Gold Coast and unlike Taylor, is contracted for next season.

"When you see that you're winning with a particular combination, it's hard to change that," Lockyer said on Wide World of Sports' QLDER.

"I think Ash has played some of his better football this year. He's been very good in defence.

"But I think based on the results, I think it'd be hard to leave Tanah out."

Immortal Wally Lewis said that Holbrook may lean towards Taylor, as his original No.1 choice, but Boyd had forced him into a difficult call as to who would partner halfback Jamal Fogarty.

"There's always that old saying, of course, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. A lot of coaches will work off that," Lewis said.

"It's a difficult issue. The coach is going to have a tough time making his mind up on that one."

Taylor, 26, is hoping to stay at the Titans for next season, albeit on a significantly reduced salary. The 2016 NRL Rookie of the Year has never managed to live up to his salary and Immortal Andrew Johns recently suggested that he may be best served heading to the Super League.

If Boyd, 20, proves that he's a genuine NRL-standard playmaker, then the Titans may be inclined to part ways with Taylor.

Like Taylor, Boyd was at the Broncos before being lured to the Titans. When his deal was extended by the club late last year, coach Justin Holbrook said that he was good enough to be a starting half.

"I think it is a really smart decision from our club to extend Tanah," Holbrook said.

"He's 20 years-old and I've blooded him slowly into first grade and he's done a really good job.

"Over the next couple of years, I expect him to really improve a lot and he wants to push for the halves starting position, which he will do his best for and we're confident he can get there."

Boyd has played three games this season and 18 in his NRL career.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Didn't even think of Jazz Tevanga I would consider him at hooker, similar to Brendan Smith but would be almost half the cost and he is a mongrel

Rep Player

Hymel Hunt is off contract. Worth bringing him home? Wouldn’t cost much.

I read an article with Jazz saying he would prefer to play lock over hooker. He’s a great player and could swap between both positions.

QLD Cup

Milford has nothing. Prefer AT on reduced contract.

Burleigh playing live on Kayo currently. Marzhew, Stone, Clark and young Lofi Khan-Pereira (ISC debut) all playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Burleigh playing live on Kayo currently. Marzhew, Stone, Clark and young Lofi Khan-Pereira (ISC debut) all playing.
    Dam I missed it.. how did they go

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    If it's on Kayo, can people watch a replay on demand?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans to be frugal with cash
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Titans are weighing up a $2.5 million salary cap overhaul as 11 players fight to prove they are worthy of new deals at the Gold Coast.

After an unsuccessful poaching raid on Broncos trio Kotoni Staggs, Xavier Coates (pictured) and Brendan Piakura, the Titans are keeping their powder dry in the player market.

The likes of Ash Taylor, Kevin Proctor, Tyrone Peachey, Mitch Rein, Patrick Herbert and Anthony Don are off contract at season’s end and do not know whether they will be offered new deals by the Titans.

In an attempt to clean up what has been a messy salary cap, the Titans are playing hardball in the recruitment game and refusing to pay overs for players.

That has meant they are yet to sign any recruits for 2022, apart from mid-season Cowboys pick-up Esan Marsters.

The Titans withdrew an offer to Staggs after realising his preference was to remain in Brisbane, like Piakura, while Coates opted to join the Melbourne Storm.

“Titans to be frugal” ... like everything about that statement.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.