Page 69 of 176 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Broncs apparently just signed Brenko Lee, what's with those guys up the highway taking our rejects?
    One-time premiership winner Brenko Lee you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    One-time premiership winner Brenko Lee you mean.
    Don’t forget QLD state of origin legend

Inactive User

Stay alive and healthy for 2025

Rep Player

Hate the Milford talk. It’s not like foges and especially Taylor have elevated their game under Holbrook(not that he is to blame). Most importantly he can’t defend and we sure as all he’ll need defenders

**** me, have you guys actually seen Milford play in the past 4 years? He has been absolutely diabolical, and MT says even at he's worst he's better than Taylor, well I have to completely disagree with that statement. He looks like he has absolutely no clue what he's doing, he can't tackle and is a MASSIVE liability in the defensive line, about the only thing he's good for these days is the odd linebreak. The Donkeys and their supporters must be laughing their asses off knowing we're about to make a play at him - they've wanted him gone for years and for good reason.

Literally, the only world in which I'd take him is if he came dirt cheap (and I mean DIRT cheap). Otherwise NO.

And Mr Injury aka Johnson can stay away as well since we all know he'll be asking for a high price to come here despite spending most of his days off the field. I mean he's just come back from a long stint on the sidelines with an archilles and now he's already strained his hamstring? Come on.
    Of course happy to accept your opinion mate....so what do you suggest we do? You don't want Milford or Johnson and I accept that but for next year what do you wish for. (You may have said it in posts above but I didn't go back too far).
    Happy to cop your criticism - now I want your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Of course happy to accept your opinion mate....so what do you suggest we do? You don't want Milford or Johnson and I accept that but for next year what do you wish for. (You may have said it in posts above but I didn't go back too far).
    Happy to cop your criticism - now I want your solution.
    I'd be lying if I said I had the solution. My point really was that if you think Milford has been any better than Taylor then in my opinion you're sorely mistaken. Of course, happy to agree to disagree with you on that. With that said, I've absolutely no idea what we should do or who we should have a play at. We still need to get our 9 sorted too, as I still don't rate Mitch Rein especially in D where it always looks as though he's struggling to keep up with the pace. Teams always tear us apart down the middle before going to the edges and I believe our lack of quality hooking options since Friend left the club has always been a big issue.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-05-21 at 07:30 PM.

Ryley Jacks or Nico Hynes?

Here’s my team for next year. Assuming we don’t buy any new halves and save our money for better quality and development.

1.brimson
    2.thompson
    3.kelly
    4.braidon burns-bunnies
    5.tupou roosters
    6.boyd-re sign
    7.fogarty
    8.tino
    9.hodgson Raiders
    10.moe
    11.capewell
    12.fifita
    13.mcintyre re sign
    14.JJ
    15.ogden bulldogs
    16.lisone
    17.clark/turner

This has 3 expensive signings with tupou, capewell and hodgson. To help our cap get rid off Wallace, don’t resign Peachey, ese ese and proctor. Hodgson would help our halves as he’s a great attacking hooker. I’m sure we could afford these players and still have enough money saved for a marquee half the following year when one becomes available.

I'd be lying if I said I had the solution. My point really was that if you think Milford has been any better than Taylor then in my opinion you're sorely mistaken. Of course, happy to agree to disagree with you on that. With that said, I've absolutely no idea what we should do or who we should have a play at. We still need to get our 9 sorted too, as I still don't rate Mitch Rein especially in D where it always looks as though he's struggling to keep up with the pace. Teams always tear us apart down the middle before going to the edges and I believe our lack of quality hooking options since Friend left the club has always been a big issue.
    Certainly agree with you re our 9, and that is a huge priority.

Re Milford, the last thing I want to do is seem like I desperately want him, but our options are running out. I believe he is a much better bet than Taylor, especially if we got him for say $500k and were able to use the other $500k of Taylors wage on others. Milford was playing Origin in 2018 and I have certainly seen him play some decent games in the last few years, albeit very inconsistently. I don't think the Seibold crap up there helped him. Bearing in mind the salary he is on, he is watched closely and deservedly so. I guess I just see in him, ability that Taylor just never shows and the fact that I rate Holbrook highly enough to get more out of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post

This has 3 expensive signings with tupou, capewell and hodgson. To help our cap get rid off Wallace, don’t resign Peachey, ese ese and proctor. Hodgson would help our halves as he’s a great attacking hooker. I’m sure we could afford these players and still have enough money saved for a marquee half the following year when one becomes available.
    Just bear in mind, the following year, the second Brisbane team is likely to come in so things will be a lot harder. We may lose Tino to them if he wants to go. Ideally it would be good to have few blokes being available from 2023 as the new team will be on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Certainly agree with you re our 9, and that is a huge priority.

Just bear in mind, the following year, the second Brisbane team is likely to come in so things will be a lot harder. We may lose Tino to them if he wants to go. Ideally it would be good to have few blokes being available from 2023 as the new team will be on the hunt.
    MT brings up a really relevant point here. When the 2nd Brisbane team is announced they will be looking for some big name signings to drum up quick interest and likely throwing crazy money around. I would suggest we let Taylor and Proctor go and consider extending AJ, Mo and Tino asap. I think we already have Proctor’s replacement in Fermor (i would start him over KP now). At 6 i am not sold on Boyd yet but he definitely had his best game last round. Might be interested in looking at Nicho Hynes or Kurt Mann depending on what $$$ they are chasing.

Hooker is our biggest issue. Really liked the look of Reuben Cotter from Cowboys but he re-signed.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 13-05-21 at 09:02 PM.

I started looking further into our recent recruiting. I’ll admit, I didn’t know much about Ezra Howe’s background. He was either assistance coach or head coach for the junior kiwis between 2016-2019. During that time he coached-

Esan Masters
    Paul Turner
    Joseph Vuna
    Patrick Herbert
    Erin Clark

Interesting.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 13-05-21 at 10:21 PM.

Last guy looked as far as the Panthers and this bloke only looks east of the beach?

Ausphin, Tino's third year is in his favour. He would be the one that the 2nd Brisbane team would be targeting as there are no other high profile Queenslanders off contract in 2023. This puts at the forefront how important this and next year is to have the success. We are on borrowed time already.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Last guy looked as far as the Panthers and this bloke only looks east of the beach?

Ausphin, Tino's third year is in his favour. He would be the one that the 2nd Brisbane team would be targeting as there are no other high profile Queenslanders off contract in 2023. This puts at the forefront how important this and next year is to have the success. We are on borrowed time already.
    Thanks JB for the clarification about Tino.

To be fair, the junior kiwis I mentioned are mainly either developmental contracts or depth signings. If you were to rank our 30 contracted players, most of them would probably be in 20-30 range and at that end of the roster i guess you are hoping for a young player or 2nd chance contract on low coin to emerge. If not we continue to churn the bottom end of the roster to find the diamonds in the rough.

Ezra has been with the NZRL and Jr Kiwis + Kiwis coaching setup forever, I think any player under the age of 25 with Kiwi eligibility would have been coached by him in some capacity tbh

Rep Player

There is a balance between building for the future and needing to perform now. Unfortunately we can’t keep having “building years”. We have some momentum off field behind us but the goodwill will be all gone if we continue as we have the last few weeks. I agree I’m not overly fussed with the current free agent market but we need to start making moves for the future. No more proctor starting he can’t tackle or break the line. Don and Sami don’t cut it. Is Wallace our best starting prop? What current free agents improve our 2022 team even if it’s just an upgrade over what we have.