Page 154 of 176 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Shallin Fuller is a fascinating prospect, our version of Cody Walker?????
    Hey mdrew I just looked at this guys highlight reel and he sure is skinny but very talented indeed just like JC who features very heavily also and they combine so very well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8C9yoe5zA

Immortal

Amazing that he has gone generally unnoticed before now mate, he is just plays off the cusp and just seems to love every minute of his time on the field. He also has a very underrated kicking game.

He just has that innate ability to unlock defenses either himself or with an inspired run an off-load. Scary to think of him AJ and Jayden Campbell on the field at the same time! Dreams are free.

Thanks for postings the highlights mate, every Titans fan (and rugby league fan for that matter) should look at that and dream about the 2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Hey mdrew I just looked at this guys highlight reel and he sure is skinny but very talented indeed just like JC who features very heavily also and they combine so very well.

Manu would be an unbelievable pick-up and would almost single handedly take us to the next level (doubt we’ll get him though but it’s not a crime to dream right mdrew).
    So pay him 900K, don’t sign Taylor for 250K, net result = 650K (I’m in)

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    NRL Transfer News: Gold Coast Titans weighing up big offer for Roosters star Joseph Manu

Dean Ritchie

Gold Coast has expressed interest in signing Sydney Roosters star Joey Manu.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Gold Coast has held internal discussions about making a substantial offer for Manu, who comes off contract after next season.

Manu can start fielding offers from November 1 this year.

Influential figures at Gold Coast have an enormous opinion of Manu, whose asking price would be between $900,000 and $1 million a season.

Manu, 25, has a desire to remain at Bondi but is also aware the Roosters have a powerful and expensive playing roster that includes James Tedesco, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Daniel Tupou, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Victor Radley, Sitili Tupouniua, Joseph Suaalii, Sam Walker and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Those close to Manu are suggesting the Titans have made official contact with his New Zealand-based management team but this development could not be confirmed.

Gold Coast will have considerable money back in their salary cap after this season with the expected departure of Ash Taylor.

While no offer has been lodged, Manu’s looming availability has been a point of discussion in and around the Titans. The Roosters are hellbent on retaining Manu yet money talks and Manu’s management is expecting to attract some massive offers for his client.

Last week, Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan told The Daily Telegraph of his club’s interest in Manu, describing the New Zealand champion as a “star”.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson responded by saying: “Joey has always been important to us, ever since he was a kid and came over here and started playing you could see what he means to us as a team.

“I don’t need to add much more other than he’s been a Rooster, he is a Rooster and his family are Roosters as well. We understand it’d be mad if there wasn’t interest but we definitely want to keep him as a Rooster.”

Off contract after this year, Taylor has yet to be offered a new deal by the Titans.

While his form this season has been strong, Taylor is aware he will not attain the $1m a season contract he currently enjoys at the Titans.

The X-factor factor with Manu could be the All Blacks.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week the New Zealand Rugby Union has a genuine interest in Manu but could only offer around $600,000 a season, a combined deal between the NZRU and a Super Rugby franchise.

Former Wests Tigers players have urged their club to have a crack at signing Manu.

Manu would be an unbelievable pick-up and would almost single handedly take us to the next level (doubt we’ll get him though but it’s not a crime to dream right mdrew).
    So pay him 900K, don’t sign Taylor for 250K, net result = 650K (I’m in)
    Need a hooker

Manu is amazing but we can’t afford him if we want a top tier 9

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Need a hooker

Manu is amazing but we can’t afford him if we want a top tier 9
    Brandon Smith takes us to the top 4 that money secures him

If we pay $900k for a centre winger we are having a lend.

Rep Player

Yeah I love what Manu does but it’s not a need for us

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Brandon Smith takes us to the top 4 that money secures him

If we pay $900k for a centre winger we are having a lend.
    Yes agreed but I'm playing him at 1 or 6

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Shallin Fuller is a fascinating prospect, our version of Cody Walker?????
    I've been piping on for a few months about him now but I've heard we very recently got the signing over the line. And thank god because he had a bit of interest. Development contract from 2022

Hopefully he can make the most of his opportunity in a full-time system
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-08-21 at 08:18 AM.

Seems to be fairly nimble and quick on his feet, could our team keep up with him? Not used to that kind of pace.

I'm actually not fully opposed to going after Joey Manu for 3 reasons:

Potential Line Up (should be better defence and better attack compared to line up now):
    1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Marzhew/ Brian Kelly
    3. Patrick Herbert
    4. AJ Brimson
    5. Corey Thompson/ Brian Kelly
    6. Joey Manu
    7. Toby Sexton

Going public with our intention on Joey Manu, should show Brandon Smith that we want to land someone big to speed up negotiations with the real target being B Smith.

It should drive Joey Manu's stock price up if we are saying almost $1m which could sidetrack the Roosters from going after B Smith and the Warriors who apparently want either Manu or B Smith. Leaves B Smith with less negotiating room and Mal signs him from behind storms toilet block.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I've been piping on for a few months about him now but I've heard we very recently got the signing over the line. And thank god because he had a bit of interest. Development contract from 2022

Hopefully he can make the most of his opportunity in a full-time system
    This is awesome news. It’s great to see our systems identifying talent and ensuring that they are locked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm actually not fully opposed to going after Joey Manu for 3 reasons:

Potential Line Up (should be better defence and better attack compared to line up now):
    1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Marzhew/ Brian Kelly
    3. Patrick Herbert
    4. AJ Brimson
    5. Corey Thompson/ Brian Kelly
    6. Joey Manu
    7. Toby Sexton

Going public with our intention on Joey Manu, should show Brandon Smith that we want to land someone big to speed up negotiations with the real target being B Smith.

It should drive Joey Manu's stock price up if we are saying almost $1m which could sidetrack the Roosters from going after B Smith and the Warriors who apparently want either Manu or B Smith. Leaves B Smith with less negotiating room and Mal signs him from behind storms toilet block.
    Manu is a centre not a 6? Don’t get me wrong I’m a massive fan of his, but is a centre on 1mil playing 6 really a priority? I’d rather throw the money at the cheese.

Rep Player

Manu is currently a centre but imo could make a very good 6. Similar to Wighton but with a bit more brains.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    This is awesome news. It’s great to see our systems identifying talent and ensuring that they are locked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Manu is a centre not a 6? Don’t get me wrong I’m a massive fan of his, but is a centre on 1mil playing 6 really a priority? I’d rather throw the money at the cheese.
    Manu has played 5/8 and fullback this year for the roosters and has killed it in both positions, he's just a footballer he can play any position

Rep Player

GC bully are reporting Marzhew has extended on a multi year deal but can’t access the article

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Manu has played 5/8 and fullback this year for the roosters and has killed it in both positions, he's just a footballer he can play any position
    Agreed. He is one of a very few players that is world class in all positions from 1 to 6.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 11-08-21 at 11:00 AM.