Page 139 of 176 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2626
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He’s left before but what manager doesn’t build up a case.

As for the low injury rate, we should praise the staff and at the same time recognize the reality of the level of our squad with positions like 9, 7 and 6 well below NRL standard plus the youth factor and rep disruptions. Let’s not forget the close losses and that by the end of the weekend we could be back in the 8.
    Sorry T but our win-loss record This season is terrible.
    We should be nowhere near the 8.
    We are near the 8 because this season is an anomaly where the teams at the top are way too good for the rest of the competition.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 30-07-21 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We are near the 8 because this season is an anomaly where the teams at the top are way too good for the rest of the competition.
    Bodsy mate I'm gonna need you to explain that one to me - why does the anomaly of the teams at the top being way too good for the rest of the comp take away from us being near the 8?

Not disputing what you're saying, just trying to put it together

Rep Player

Looking at the raw numbers, sure, but look at all the games we should've won but didn't due to mental weakness/lack of leadership reasons rather than footballing ability.

Rabbitohs 40-30 after leading 24-10
    Broncos 36-28 after leading 22-0
    Storm 20-14 with a bombed try at the death
    Roosters 35-34 with a spectacular try to Ikuvalu at the death
    Manly 56-24 after leading 24-8

We win all those and we're currently 6th with a 12-6 record. There's the makings of a very good football team and yes, we haven't performed anywhere near expectations this year. However, add in a couple of cool heads like Isaac 'Iceman' Liu and hopefully another decent signing or two in the off season and I reckon we win at least 3 of those games above. Further, given the state of our spine, I think expectations should've been lower for this season. Our top 8 hopes were contingent on Ash continuing to improve on his form from the back end of last year and that hasn't happened.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Bodsy mate I'm gonna need you to explain that one to me - why does the anomaly of the teams at the top being way too good for the rest of the comp take away from us being near the 8?

Not disputing what you're saying, just trying to put it together
    Traditionally you need approximately a 50% win record to finish 8th in the NRL.
    This year you can make the 8 with a significant losing record and it will mask the issues that need to be addressed and will in affect be polishing the turd.

Traditionally you need approximately a 50% win record to finish 8th in the NRL.
    This year you can make the 8 with a significant losing record and it will mask the issues that need to be addressed and will in affect be polishing the turd.
    Ah yes I see your angle now

Thanks for taking the time to explain

No worries at all Bodsie and I haven’t gone soft on our performances nor expectations. I agree with you in fact. I am not in support of many of our deficiencies such as bench rotation, team selection, defensive system, onfield decision making etc etc. however I also recognize in the areas I listed that we are what we are. This Sunday is a mini-grand final :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Official, Milford gone to South's. Christmas just came early

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Official, Milford gone to South's. Christmas just came early
    I'm really missing the old button now.

There is a part of me that hopes he goes down there and kills it...partly because he was great to watch when he was performing but mainly just to stick it to the Broncos

Inactive User

What a relief
    It would have derailed the 5 year plan IMO

Yeah Baby, Merry Christmas to one and all.

“We’re really excited to have Anthony joining our Club in 2022,” Rabbitohs head of football Mark Ellison said.

“He has a tremendous amount of experience for a man that’s only 27 years of age, we believe he has his best football in front of him, he will get the chance to work with coaches who were leading halves in Ben Hornby, John Morris and John Sutton as well as his former mentor when he was at his peak in Jason Demetriou, and we think a change of club into our system could see us unlock those brilliant performances from Anthony that all Rugby League fans remember fondly.

“We wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season with the Broncos and we look forward to having him join us for the 2022 pre-season.”

They're soooo confident they offered him a 1 year deal

The Storm have already tabled a three-year deal worth $2.2 million but with arch-rivals the Roosters circling the premiers will need to sharpen their pencil.

What is Brandon worth to us to be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The Storm have already tabled a three-year deal worth $2.2 million but with arch-rivals the Roosters circling the premiers will need to sharpen their pencil.

I think we'd pay $800k per season, obviously would want him for cheaper but I think that's what we would need to secure him probs on a 3yr deal

- - - Updated - - -

Probs need a 4yr deal too also to entice him from Roosters or Storm

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

I reckon that's the perfect price for him. He is a proven spine player unlike what Ash was at the time.