Page 41 of 176 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Scott Sattler said on radio yesterday that he has been advised by a “reliable source” that Brandon Smith has signed a 3 year deal with Bulldogs from 2022, subject to any player swap that Storm may want.
    I.e. exactly the same agreement he had with us, and then the Broncos, both of which couldn't offer a player for Melbourne in return.

He hasn't signed anything.

Crap if Brandon goes to the dogs. I was wanting to sign him more than anyone. Katoni might go alright at 6 he has a good turn of pace and a good fend on him and he seems to break tackles easily.
    Psmitty

No idea whether Kotoni would be a good 6 but after seeing Jack Wighton transition from an outside back to a Dally M 5/8, I wouldn't say it's impossible.

I'm with JB & Bods though - Garry has a habit of creating narratives to make a certain outcomes appear as if Brisbane have got one up on us and I wouldn't be surprised if this was another one.

B smith has already come out and said he hasn’t signed with anyone or agreed to anything so it’s all rumors

Apparently the Staggs offer is 2.3mil over 3 years.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Apparently the Staggs offer is 2.3mil over 3 years.
    Hope he gets it......at the Broncos

I reckon this is all just media beat up driven by his manager I wouldn't look too much into it but Who would everyone rather at 6 ash or kotoni??

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I reckon this is all just media beat up driven by his manager I wouldn't look too much into it but Who would everyone rather at 6 ash or kotoni??
    Neither Reynolds in the halves with Brandon Smith at hooker and Staggs in the centres. Then we are looking at top 4.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I.e. exactly the same agreement he had with us, and then the Broncos, both of which couldn't offer a player for Melbourne in return.

He hasn't signed anything.
    Sorry mate. I didn’t realise you are absolutely in the know. I was just reporting what Sattler said and when he did report it, he said he reluctant to do so but this source has always been so reliable. But I will wait for your posts in future as you are in the know to that extent.

Neither Reynolds in the halves with Brandon Smith at hooker and Staggs in the centres. Then we are looking at top 4.
    Reynolds and b Smith would be perfect definitely a top 8 or even 4 side then, I wouldn't sign staggs at centre not for 750k would rather let spry Sami Herbert or g marzhew develop at centre

There is no way that Holbrook and co would go into a player negotiation and guarantee them a position. From what I have seen that is not the way he works. Players need to earn it. If he was an established 5/8 at the broncos or was already at the Titans and the coaches were seeing what he was like then maybe.
    I commented only the other day that I couldn’t see Reynolds leaving the rabbits but now not as sure. If we got him that would be a big improvement in our playmakers.
    Interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Sorry mate. I didn’t realise you are absolutely in the know. I was just reporting what Sattler said and when he did report it, he said he reluctant to do so but this source has always been so reliable. But I will wait for your posts in future as you are in the know to that extent.
    Not sure what the read is on your post but it’s not hard to come to the same conclusion I did when you consider that the Bulldogs would face the same caveat that the Titans and Broncos did, and explored, but had rejected by Melbourne.

Add to that the fact that Brandon went out of his way to publicly deny it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not sure what the read is on your post but it’s not hard to come to the same conclusion I did when you consider that the Bulldogs would face the same caveat that the Titans and Broncos did, and explored, but had rejected by Melbourne.

Add to that the fact that Brandon went out of his way to publicly deny it yesterday.
    How do you find a player in the Bulldogs squad that you'd want?

^^^^
    This - 100%

First Grader

How big of a sombrero do you guys think we have haha, I know Ash is off contract but theres 0 chance we could sign all of Reynolds, Smith and Staggs