Page 40 of 176 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

If Don is on a minimum contract and Coates costs us 3x that, with the other players in our top 30, is it worth it?

Hooker and halfs, hopefully we are looking at a magic trick, look over here while the magic trick happens over here.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Agree with others that the spine remains the priority but I think a big body winger is a high priority too. I don’t think 500k for Coates is too much. In fact, I think it would be pretty good value. Far better than 700k for Staggs.

That said, we need to throw the kitchen sink at B Smith for 2022. Next priority after that is a running 5/8. Based on what I’ve seen so far I’d like to stick with Fogs as our long term 7. What I would give to get Cody Walker at our club...
    Couldn't agree more👍

Not that a lot of us are saying rush out and sign him but this would be a NO from me

I have always feared the day we would see content from Clarkey on here

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I have always feared the day we would see content from Clarkey on here
    He just steals it from other websites so technically it's not his

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He just steals it from other websites so technically it's not his
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he steals content. He does disclose where he gets information from in his posts. Unlike a lot of news sites that recycle information.

I work with Clarkey here in Canberra. He's a good bloke that just loves his footy (and the Titans), and literally just does what he does for fun in his spare time

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he steals content. He does disclose where he gets information from in his posts. Unlike a lot of news sites that recycle information.

I work with Clarkey here in Canberra. He's a good bloke that just loves his footy (and the Titans), and literally just does what he does for fun in his spare time
    No disrespect meant to him personally mate, can tell he means well and I love that he's always sticking his neck out for the Titans on socials.

Rep Player

Sounds like the Broncos are throwing the kitchen sink at Staggs. Ideal scenario for us is they overpay for Staggs and we get Coates. Piakura would be the cherry on top but sounds like he’s off to Belmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    No disrespect meant to him personally mate, can tell he means well and I love that he's always sticking his neck out for the Titans on socials.
    Who put their foot in their mouth more? You or me?

I follow his FB page because he gathers (more appropriate word I hope) info from others and feeds it in one spot. Titans supporter too even if we don't agree all the time.

TITANS PROMISE KOTONI STAGGS NUMBER SIX JERSEY AS BATTLE TO SIGN YOUNG STAR HEATS UP

The Gold Coast Titans are the favourites to land a deal with Brisbane Bronco centre Kotoni Staggs, according to Channel Seven's Chris Garry.

The Titans are reportedly offering Staggs a mouth watering deal worth $750,000 and have promised the Tongan international the number six jersey.

Garry joined SEN 1170’s Mornings with Matt White to reveal the extent of the Titans' eye-catching offer.

“There is only one club that will prise Kotoni Staggs out of the Broncos and that is the Gold Coast Titans,” he said.

“(The Titans) have pitched him on the idea of being their five-eighth for the next three plus years.”

Garry believes the Gold Coast will be able to lure over the 22-year-old with a promise to play him in his preferred five-eighth position as well as the lucrative deal.

“Right now I would be leaning towards the Titans to snare Kotoni Staggs,” he said.

“On a deal worth in excess of $750,000 a year. Which is more than the Broncos deal.

“Staggs wants to play five-eighth, that role can’t be and hasn’t been guaranteed or promised to him at the Broncos, but it will be guaranteed to him at the Titans.

“So that could sway him, however still nothing is done.

Garry admitted that nothing is set in stone and that Staggs could be staying put if the Broncos play their cards right.

“Maybe Kotoni looks at his Broncos deal and has some more chats over the next week and stays with the 'Broncs'," he added.

“But it’s between them and the Titans, they’re the two clubs.”

Despite recently locking in Jordan Riki for another three years, Staggs leaving to the Titans would be a big blow to the Broncos as it is rumoured that star winger Xavier Coates could be moving on when his contract expires this year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/...gn-young-star/
    Psmitty

Inactive User

I do not believe that we would promise him the 6.
    I suspect Drongoes fan boy Garry is trying to cause problems.

Well that story is going to get bandied about for the next few months and have absolutely zero creditability or actual insider info. Players managers doing their job as usual.

Is Staggs even a 5/8 at all ? I can only think of him as a centre. Hope it’s just a beat up to get the Broncos to up their price. I would think we are ok in the halves for a few years.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Not sure how I feel about him at 6 as I only remember him playing there a couple of times for Tonga.

If true though that would likely spell the end of Ash Taylor as a Titan.

Scott Sattler said on radio yesterday that he has been advised by a “reliable source” that Brandon Smith has signed a 3 year deal with Bulldogs from 2022, subject to any player swap that Storm may want.