Page 96 of 176 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2626

The storm may entertain the proposal of a player swap with a $ leveller...but what do they need?? Another backrower? Another Prop? Another lock? They may have some forwards coming off contract, but Bellamy and co will be two moves ahead in replacements.

They are golden right now with Grant and Smith in their forward pack. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that your bench is massively important these days. A bench spot is as important to a team as a starting spot.

The storm let Hynes go, and he's a very good player. If Bellamy was at all serious about letting Smith go...he'd have agreed to terms somewhere by now.

Conversations between Bellamy and Smith we'll never be privy to...but I'd bet they contain a fair bit of laughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    The storm may entertain the proposal of a player swap with a $ leveller...but what do they need?? Another backrower? Another Prop? Another lock? They may have some forwards coming off contract, but Bellamy and co will be two moves ahead in replacements.

They are golden right now with Grant and Smith in their forward pack. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that your bench is massively important these days. A bench spot is as important to a team as a starting spot.

The storm let Hynes go, and he's a very good player. If Bellamy was at all serious about letting Smith go...he'd have agreed to terms somewhere by now.

Conversations between Bellamy and Smith we'll never be privy to...but I'd bet they contain a fair bit of laughter!
    Pretty sure when we were chasing Brendan Smith at the start of the year, Storm said they would entertain releasing him for 2022 if we did a player swap with Tino only. Sounds like Melbourne are happy for this swap, Gold Coast did not entertain this at all.

I am sure Melbourne would ideally want Grant as an 80min hooker with Brendan Smith at lock, but I honestly think they would be more happy having Tino back for that lock position.

- - - Updated - - -

In saying all of this I don't know what Brendan actually wants, I have read he wants to come back to Queensland after all he was with the Cowboys before Melbourne.

I guarantee he wants to win…which is not looking good for us

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Pretty sure when we were chasing Brendan Smith at the start of the year, Storm said they would entertain releasing him for 2022 if we did a player swap with Tino only. Sounds like Melbourne are happy for this swap, Gold Coast did not entertain this at all.

I am sure Melbourne would ideally want Grant as an 80min hooker with Brendan Smith at lock, but I honestly think they would be more happy having Tino back for that lock position.

- - - Updated - - -

In saying all of this I don't know what Brendan actually wants, I have read he wants to come back to Queensland after all he was with the Cowboys before Melbourne.
    Time will tell, mate.

A cynical observer might call the storm's offer as what old timers called, a "dickenspitchtokidus" (Dickens pitch to kid us, in reference to Charles Dickens and his fictional writings) Maybe they only offered because they knew we'd refuse? All that aside...

The thing to ask ourselves is...if the storm would take Tino back...they must rate him highly. Therefore, he shouldn't be considered an overrated player. On the other hand...they did let him go in the first place...and they haven't missed a beat.

So...if the storm would take him back, because he'd be a weapon in their system (and he has been)...and they'd be willing to trade Smith (who is a very good player) for him...what does that say about the difference between the storm and Titans systems???

More importantly, how do we replicate the storm's system? I reckon we need clever, tough and determined 6, 7 and 9's to make use of the team we have and to control games.

It's almost catch 22 isn't it? We give up a strike forward to gain a strike 9...depleting our pack at the same time. Why can't we have/sign/develop both???

Some people ask why it is that we sign players that are considered weapons at the time...and then they start to stagnate here and struggle to find the consistent form that they had at their previous clubs. The same people most likely wonder how it is that seemingly average players go to the storm and become much better. I'm one of those people...

I want success here at the Titans, and I want it now damn it!!! Near enough and close wins doesn't do it anymore. I'm sure we all feel the same.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, mate! I have to work tomorrow
    Last edited by Menoitios; 12-06-21 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Time will tell, mate.

The thing to ask ourselves is...if the storm would take Tino back...they must rate him highly. Therefore, he shouldn't be considered an overrated player. On the other hand...they did let him go in the first place...and they haven't missed a beat.

So...if the storm would take him back, because he'd be a weapon in their system (and he has been)...and they'd be willing to trade Smith (who is a very good player) for him...what does that say about the difference between the storm and Titans systems???

More importantly, how do we replicate the storm's system? I reckon we need clever, tough and determined 6, 7 and 9's to make use of the team we have and to control games.

It's almost catch 22 isn't it? We give up a strike forward to gain a strike 9...depleting our pack at the same time. Why can't we have/sign/develop both???

Some people ask why it is that we sign players that are considered weapons at the time...and then they start to stagnate here and struggle to find the consistent form that they had at their previous clubs. The same people most likely wonder how it is that seemingly average players go to the storm and become much better. I'm one of those people...

I want success here at the Titans, and I want it now damn it!!! Near enough and close wins doesn't do it anymore. I'm sure we all feel the same.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, mate! I have to work tomorrow
    Well the question must be asked, why has the system at the Titans appear to have not changed in more than a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Well the question must be asked, why has the system at the Titans appear to have not changed in more than a decade?
    Indeed the question is asked all the time...but no one ever has the answer. We've had different players and different coaches over the time, (let's call it 10 years) but the results remain pretty constant. Compared to teams like manly, storm, roosters and now Penrith, who have all had player movements and dramas on and off the field...why are we perennial strugglers??

I don't know. I don't get it. I love this club and want to see us hit the heights and remain there abouts for years to come.

If you figure it out, let the club know, mate. Then PM me straight away LOL!

IMO - firm no to trading Tino for B Smith. Or anyone. Get a decent 9 and some halves and you’ll see why. That’s how you create value for money, by surrounding players with others who bring out the best in them. There’s a reason that value for money players are always at clubs that are going well. It’s no coincidence.

Remember the team of the old Titans days? Campbell, Rogers, Prince, Walker, Friend, Bailey, Meyers, Harrison, Laffranchi, even Mini who we used to make fun of for having butterfingers but always came out and had a dig. I really miss that team, played with so much heart and scrapped and clawed for everything.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-06-21 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    IMO - firm no to trading Tino for B Smith. Or anyone. Get a decent 9 and some halves and you’ll see why. That’s how you create value for money, by surrounding players with others who bring out the best in them. There’s a reason that value for money players are always at clubs that are going well. It’s no coincidence.
    With you 100% HS.

Me too … we need add value not shuffle it around. The business model has to dig its heals in and move upwards. Tino and David are talents but they’re kids in men’s roles. This is why I’m so against Pepsi who is not a role model for the squad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The difference last night was they had JWH who in a Man and leader is a Mans role

Rep Player

Who would you guys target for recruitment to be our JWH?

We don’t have it internally right now so we need to go to market.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Who would you guys target for recruitment to be our JWH?

We don’t have it internally right now so we need to go to market.
    Lisone has some grunt. Lets not forget how penalised and sidelined JWH is too

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Lisone has some grunt. Lets not forget how penalised and sidelined JWH is too
    So Jack Hetherington for you JB?

Ryan James was our JWH IMO.