Page 94 of 176 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2626

As a team we've let each other down with poor defence, errors, set restarts and silly penalties, so I can't really say where I think his best position is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    I noticed that, in UK League news, it is being reported that Mitch Rein is being made available to Super League clubs.
    NRL stars land on Super League radars with five players offered to clubs
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...league-5509375

Exclusive: A large number of players have all been offered to clubs.

The biggest batch of NRL stars offered to Super League clubs has landed, with some notable names included.

Rugby League Live can reveal that five players from down under have been put on the desks of recruitment managers, all with notable experience.

Among them is Cronulla Sharks centre Josh Dugan, who has featured 12 times for Australia and 12 times for New South Wales.

Dugan's time with the Sharks is set to come to an end when the season closes and he is understood to be genuinely interested in pursuing a move to the competition.

The Hull FC players most likely to play for Combined Nations All Stars against Englandhulldailymail

Why Castleford Tigers clash could be perfect timing for Hull FChulldailymail
    The 31-year-old has previously been offered to Super League clubs in previous years, too. As it stands, he is not thought to have any firm plans for next season.

Another centre, Wests Tigers powerhouse Joseph Leilua, has also been offered to clubs despite having another year to run on his contract.

The Samoa international, 29, is understood to have already attracted interest from one unnamed Super League club, according to sources down under.

Leilua, who has played 19 times for Samoa, has over 200 NRL appearances to his name and is closing in on 100 tries in the competition following spells with Sydney Roosters, Newcastle Knights, Canberra Raiders and Wests. He has played in two NRL Grand Finals during his career.

In the past 24 hours, a reported swap deal that would see Leilua head to Canterbury Bulldogs with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak heading the other way has emerged in the Australian press.

But despite being under contract, Leilua has still been pushed within Super League circles.

Halfback Ryley Jacks, 29, is another off-contract that has been offered to Super League clubs. The Canada international is currently with Melbourne Storm but has found his opportunities limited with the NRL Premiers.

Mitch Rein, the Gold Coast Titans hooker, is also currently being considered with his time under Justin Holbrook potentially coming to an end.

The 31-year-old is in his fourth season with the Titans and previously spent five years with St George Illawarra Dragons.

The final player is current St George forward Kaide Ellis. A utility forward who can play prop or loose forward.

Formerly of Penrith, the 24-year-old, Ellis has scored three tries in six games for the Dragons so far this season.

Clubs have been patiently waiting for the NRL market to pick up, and it appears that time might be arriving.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Super League fans must get sick of these types of articles about all our trash going over there to play in their league

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Are we certain Tino is actually a middle?
    Looking at our roster I think we could get better use out of him on an edge.
    I mentioned in the origin thread that I am underwhelmed by Tino as a prop. He just doesn’t bend the line. He has good leg drive but is stopped as soon as he gets hit.
    I would be very interested to see Fifita play in the middle. He has the build and leg speed to be a bit like Taumalolo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Super League fans must get sick of these types of articles about all our trash going over there to play in their league
    It must be even more frustrating for them when that trash wins the Man of Steel.

I would look at how Bellamy used Tino. Bellamy brought him up and would know more about him than anyone else I'd reckon. Fifita at 13 is a like from me too, Oz, so just swap them over.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I would look at how Bellamy used Tino. Bellamy brought him up and would know more about him than anyone else I'd reckon. Fifita at 13 is a like from me too, Oz, so just swap them over.
    Tino used to play off the bench at Melbourne. Using his power to break tired tacklers.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    One man's trash another man's treasure

From memory Tino had success running on the edge. To me he needs to wear the 13 Moe / Jolliffe to start at Prop. I think Tino running at 10 gasses him at 13 it allows him to pick and choose where to be effective.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Surely Holbrook and Mal must have some kind of backup option or potential signing if they're offer Mitch Rein to Super League. I don't believe they would let him go with really only Erin Clark in the ranks and barely any back up options

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    From memory Tino had success running on the edge. To me he needs to wear the 13 Moe / Jolliffe to start at Prop. I think Tino running at 10 gasses him at 13 it allows him to pick and choose where to be effective.
    I like this a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Surely Holbrook and Mal must have some kind of backup option or potential signing if they're offer Mitch Rein to Super League. I don't believe they would let him go with really only Erin Clark in the ranks and barely any back up options
    Hoping Brandon Smith but wondering if maybe they’ve talked Darryl Clark down from his lofty demands. Possibly Josh Hodgson to join his mate Rapana? Those are the three I’d most suspect.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...9ff4b17423ba7d

Ken Maumalo also being shopped around, this is someone I definitely think we should target. Is definitely something we have been missing a big hard running winger. Also gives us some depth with Thompson and Hedges our bets with Marzhew

As a New Zealander, seeing a lot of the Warriors play, I wouldn't be touching Ken Maumalo. He is lazy when the ball is not in his hands, and his defence is suspect. He runs hard but is never there when his team needs him. I'd much rather us give Jordan Rapana a 1 or 2 year deal to bring him home and play as a winger or Centre. At least Rapana works hard attack and defence and would shore us up a little. I believe that if we do need to sign a outside back then he is perfect, however im happy with our current crop of outside backs bar the Don. Love the guy but he's just a little passed the current style of NRL, and is slower than the majority of front rowers in the comp

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    As a New Zealander, seeing a lot of the Warriors play, I wouldn't be touching Ken Maumalo. He is lazy when the ball is not in his hands, and his defence is suspect. He runs hard but is never there when his team needs him. I'd much rather us give Jordan Rapana a 1 or 2 year deal to bring him home and play as a winger or Centre. At least Rapana works hard attack and defence and would shore us up a little. I believe that if we do need to sign a outside back then he is perfect, however im happy with our current crop of outside backs bar the Don. Love the guy but he's just a little passed the current style of NRL, and is slower than the majority of front rowers in the comp
    I second this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...9ff4b17423ba7d

Ken Maumalo also being shopped around, this is someone I definitely think we should target. Is definitely something we have been missing a big hard running winger. Also gives us some depth with Thompson and Hedges our bets with Marzhew
    hell no

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    I third this one.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady