Page 91 of 176 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2626

I would be really interested to see how we would go with a full strength side with Boyd/Sexton at 6 and ash replacing Fogarty as the dominant half. Fogartys really declined this year except for his goal kicking he's too one dimensional I don't think we're ever gonna be a too 8 team with him and proctor leading the side. We really do lack leadership I worry were wasting Tino and fifita and they'll wanna leave

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We’ve got JC for 2022 and the club has an option to retain him for 2023 as well. Plenty of time to see how things pan out.
    Does he have much of a kicking game?

Immortal

Solid goal kicker and very good short attacking kicking game but he is not a long range tactical kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Does he have much of a kicking game?

Rep Player

Thanks mdrew

First Grader

Speaking of goal kicking I just wanted to shout out to jamal fogarty. This was taken off the nrl site;

The Titans have the best goalkicking percentage in the NRL in 2021 (85.4 per cent).

He has come a long way since his first few kicks last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We’ve got JC for 2022 and the club has an option to retain him for 2023 as well. Plenty of time to see how things pan out.
    I didn’t know that. I thought he was holding off signing for 2023 to see what goes with the 17th team. But if it is our favour then good to know.

Signing of Paul Turner confirmed:

Turner a Titan from 2022
    The Gold Coast Titans have signed exciting backline prospect Paul Turner for the next two seasons.

The 20-year-old will be fit and ready to start the pre-season with the Titans in November.

Turner made his NRL debut with the New Zealand Warriors, playing at halfback in their round 15 game against the Bulldogs.

In 2021, he played from the interchange bench before sustaining a shoulder injury that ruled him out for the season.

Titans Coach Justin Holbook says he’s excited to work with Turner next season.

“To have Paul Turner join our Club is very exciting , he had a few clubs to choose from and he chose to become a Titan," Holbrook said.

"Paul is a young player that we would have seen a lot more of this year had he not been injured.

“Paul is versatile where he plays, he prefers the halves but he is equally as good at centre or fullback.

“That’s what you need in a player, as squads now we use a lot of players, so you need players that are versatile and can play a number of positions and Paul fills that role.

“He’s a really hard runner of the football that is extremely skilful, so that’s a really good mix especially with the new rules and how fast the game is getting.”

Happy enough with that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well that's someone. Need to work on re-signing a few others too.

Some rumours on Twitter that we are closing in on a deal with Rapana for next season.

Not sure if that’ll be a good signing if true tbh. A few years ago I would’ve been over the moon but he seems to be on a bit of a decline this season. Then again it could be because of all of the drama in Canberra

Stoked with the Paul Turner signing. Genuine X-factor and brings a dynamic that we don't currently have in the halves.

Not sure how to feel about the potential Rapana noise but I suppose it's an upgrade on Don or Sami and would be a fearly low-cost, low risk option. I just hope he isn't expecting to be playing alongside his best mate Kevin Proctor.

Don't know anything about Turner so can't really comment on that signing...

Happy with the turner signing as well. The warriors offered him a contract and have given him game time which sounds like he could be good.
    Rapana was such a great winger but is getting old now. Between him, marzew and Thompson we would have some good wingers

Why did he choose us over the Warriors?

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about how this signing came about. All I know is that I hope we didn't pay a lot to get him here because he is largely unproven at NRL level, and risky especially coming off a shoulder surgery.

But with that said, we've been crying out for a new half so hopefully he blossoms into our long-term five-eighth option.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-06-21 at 05:16 PM.

Immortal

One reason was that his brother plays for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Why did he choose us over the Warriors?

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about how this signing came about. All I know is that I hope we didn't pay a lot to get him here because he is largely unproven at NRL level, and risky especially coming off a shoulder surgery.

But with that said, we've been crying out for a new half so hopefully he blossoms into our long-term five-eighth option.