Page 74 of 176 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2626

Francis can put a good shot on too

Jojo having surgery again..busted his shoulder playing for Titans 19s v Cowboys

Club just sent through a special message to members:

AJ has resigned for 5 more seasons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Club just sent through a special message to members:

AJ has resigned for 5 more seasons!!!
    Just saw the message from the club.... Great to hear such good news..
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Future captain right there!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Love it AJ! It had been reported earlier they were looking to extend him and Tino long term. Lets hope for the tino accouncement soon. Build around Aj, Tino and Fifita

Supposedly re-signed for 3 million over 5 years which works out approx 600k a year. What a bargain!

Huge re-signing for us as I think he along with Tino and Fifita are three crucial puzzle pieces for us to build the club around

I get scared with 5 year deals. Hopefully doesn't end up a Zillman 2.0. Looks like he has lost a bit this year but hopefully he gets back to top form. Overall I am happy to lock him up but 5 years scares me.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Great news re: AJ. Fox reporting we are also looking to extend Tino to end of 2025. Would be good to get in early before the Firehawks can poach him.

Also note that the same article says Mahoney is off contract end of 2022. He’s a Sunshine Coast boy so possibly a chance of wanting to move closer to home? He’s one I’d happily throw 800k at. I think he will re-sign with Eels but worth a shot at least.

Blake Ferguson also off contract. Has had a lot of off field issues in the past but seems a settled family man these days. He’s exactly the type of big body, meter eater winger we need. Imagine upgrading from Don to Fergo.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...5ae3ec13de1436

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I get scared with 5 year deals. Hopefully doesn't end up a Zillman 2.0. Looks like he has lost a bit this year but hopefully he gets back to top form. Overall I am happy to lock him up but 5 years scares me.
    Holbrook mentioned a few weeks back that AJ hasn’t been at his best because he missed pre-season with his Lisfranc injury.

It's really just 4 years on top of his contract that expired end of 2022..if that makes you feel any better

NRL 2021: Star fullback AJ Brimson signs new five-year deal to stay with Gold Coast Titans

They may be struggling at present but in AJ Brimson, Gold Coast have a potential superstar and they have been quick to ensure he doesn’t hit the transfer market any time soon.
    Peter Badel
    Follow
    @badel_cmail
    7 min read
    May 20, 2021 - 1:25PM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Titans have secured another retention coup with Queensland Origin sensation AJ Brimson agreeing to terms on a mega five-year contract worth more than $3 million.

News Corp can reveal the Titans have moved to stave off any poaching attempt for Brimson by securing the flying fullback until the end of 2026.

It is a significant boost for the Titans, who are building a promising roster following the acquisition of Queensland Origin young guns Dvaid Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui last season.

Now Brimson is determined to be part of the Gold Coast’s quest for a maiden premiership, with the local junior inking a new long-term deal in his plan to become a Titan for life.

The 22-year-old was already contracted until the end of next season but has agreed to a further four years as he looks to spearhead the Titans’ climb out of the premiership cellar to become a finals force.

Brimson made his Queensland Origin debut last season and is on track to become one of the NRL’s superstars.

“I think it reaffirms the stability in our club from one of the most exciting players in the NRL,” Titans coach Justin Holbrook said.

“He is a local product who loves the Titans and wants to be successful here, so he sees a good vision moving forward.

“It’s so important for us to have AJ locked in long term because he is so important to what we are building here.

“I think it is great for everyone, I think he is one of the best young players in the NRL and he is only going to get better over the next few years.

“To have a player of his calibre excited to be here, it’s great from a coaching point of view and it is great for everyone involved in the club that he has locked in his future with us.”

Brimson made his NRL debut for the Titans in 2018 and has played 55 games across the past four seasons.

Making his State of Origin debut for Queensland in 2020, the Keebra Park product has not just established himself as a fan favourite but as one of the best fullbacks in the NRL.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell said Brimson has always been part of the club’s long-term plans.

“AJ is the perfect example of the pathways we are building on the Gold Coast,” he said.

“From one of our local schools, he progressed through the Junior Titans System and into our NRL program.

“As we build the Titans on and off field over the next decade, we are excited that AJ will be a big part of that and we hope that he will be holding the NRL Premiership trophy aloft in the not too distant future.”

Brimson’s manager Jim Banaghan said the classy custodian had no interest in a bidding war.

“AJ gave me firm instructions he wanted to stay at the club,” he said.

“He never wanted to entertain any other and the club intimated through Mal Meninga (culture boss) they wished to keep AJ.

“He was never concerned with money, he is looking forward to other players coming to the club and making the Titans a premiership success.”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Supposedly re-signed for 3 million over 5 years which works out approx 600k a year. What a bargain!

Huge re-signing for us as I think he along with Tino and Fifita are three crucial puzzle pieces for us to build the club around
    Apparently its only 4 ontop of the year he currently has.

Which would make it 750k a season which seems more realistic for a gun fullback? 600k seems to good to be true

Anyone know anything more?

I know no better but wouldn't be surprised if Badel just made those salary numbers up. Absolutely no chance he's got a clue given he didn't have any insight until after the announcement.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I know no better but wouldn't be surprised if Badel just made those salary numbers up. Absolutely no chance he's got a clue given he didn't have any insight until after the announcement.
    Great point

AJ you little beauty, what great news to hear. Such a good bloke and tremendous player, love it!

100% agree with everything there. I don't know what it is but I've been saying it a lot this year that he doesn't look quite as elusive as he did last year, plus I think he's lost a little bit of speed too. Probably a symptom of the lisfranc injury at the start of the year, but didn't I hear somewhere that he's had an ongoing groin niggle for a while too? 5 years is too long for my liking.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-05-21 at 03:31 PM.