Page 71 of 176 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2626

Rhys Walsh is a gun. Shame he's locked in at the Warriors now.

First Grader

Nicho Haynes is carving Dragons up and is off contract this year. Has played 5/8 before and may be a good pickup . Whilst he is not quick he does have great game awareness and set up players around him. 5 try assists in today’s game.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 16-05-21 at 06:12 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Nicho Haynes is carving Dragons up and is off contract this year. Has played 5/8 before and may be a good pickup . Whilst he is not quick he does have great game awareness and set up players around him. 5 try assists in today’s game.
    Said this a few days ago as well I remember him being a gun 5/8 in QCup. Would be a worthy pickup for us for sure

Homer Simpson would be a good pick up right now.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Homer Simpson would be a good pick up right now.
    Throw him $650k per season, could only make improve this team

Kurt Mann could be our go at five eight for next few seasons. Off contract this year and has really stepped up his playmaking abilities with Mitch Pearce being out. If we persist with Fogerty, would have decent balance of a run and kick game. He's also a central Queensland boy so the Coast would be closer to home than Newcastle. Other option from the Knights would be Tex Hoy. He's young and cheap, can play fullback or five eight. I think the Knights will only be able to keep one of the two with Hoy looking for a starting role. (obviously not gonna get the 1 jersey with Ponga) so Hoy would be a lot easier to attain.

Im not sold on Nicho Hynes either, I think he is made to look good in the storm system, and would struggle alongside a half like Fogerty.

If we want to get a defensive half Lachlan Lewis could be a go. He's not going to set the world on fire but he is one of the best defending halfs in the game and would make the majority of tackles Ash misses. Im not a big fan of Lewis but I feel with the pack we have, he could slide right in and be 10x more effective than Ash

Yuck, I don't rate Mann at all. Hynes is hard to gauge since he's in a good side, and Lewis has been given enough chances to show his worth and has failed to do so.

Banned

We already have Homer
    Herman

Hynes is about the only one I would offer a contract to but otherwise I feel we will be stuck with Boyd/Milf/Ash

Hooker is another issue where I'm not sure what we do

For anyone interested in the highlights of young Jayden Campbell's hatrick on Saturday

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/05/...tweed-v-pride/

he's getting better and better
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 17-05-21 at 07:26 AM.

I'm getting old, remember that little kid running around the Hornets when my kids were there.

Tyson Smoothy should be levered away from Bellamy... I realize he’s signed there but he’s behind Grant and Smith.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    For anyone interested in the highlights of young Jayden Campbell's hatrick on Saturday

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/05/...tweed-v-pride/

he's getting better and better
    He looks so silky and smooth.

How do you see him play out if he gets his debut game?

Starting on the wing? Coming off the bench and into what position?

Immortal

On the wing to start with, from there he can float around behind the play the ball where he plays his best.

He is only 80kg so he will need to bulk up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    He looks so silky and smooth.

How do you see him play out if he gets his debut game?

Starting on the wing? Coming off the bench and into what position?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    On the wing to start with, from there he can float around behind the play the ball where he plays his best.

He is only 80kg so he will need to bulk up a bit.
    Thanks mdrew, his size did concern me at first but you look at some of the other young guns debuting in other teams and they are also small but can handle the big league albeit whilst still bulking up.

I think Jayden can only offer up more than our current wingers, maybe the Dogs game is the perfect game to debut him into the nrl, where he may not necessarily get completely targeted for his debut game eg vsing a Storm, Penrith, Roosters, Souths outfit.

But boy does he glide across the field nicely, it would be great to have another strike player to compliment BK and AJ. Fingers crossed