Page 55 of 176 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast

No offence Justafan but how can you say Herbert is starting to look good when his edge got absolutely torn apart last week. I thought defence was supposed to be one of his strong points but jeez they looked bad

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    No offence Justafan but how can you say Herbert is starting to look good when his edge got absolutely torn apart last week. I thought defence was supposed to be one of his strong points but jeez they looked bad
    Not sure that’s entirely his fault to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I always respect your posts HS, and I think I am pretty moderate, but we will just have to agree to differ on this.

Over the years we have had a few posters on here think they have the inside goss, often they have made it up, found out from a friend of a friend of the butcher etc. They have usually been called out and they stopped, or left. I am sure you are not in this category by a long shot but I just don't think it is right to put a rumour out there and not back it up. Plus I don't think people should have to seek a PM to get the story.

You say it is not your place to expand in a public place but you have essentially hung the bloke out to rumour, in a public place.
    Anyway, rant over, and as I said, I respect your posts....bar one. Cheers mate.
    Fair enough mate. Appreciate the response. That respect goes both ways.

I wouldn't say I'm throwing a rumour out there though. Had I'd just said he wasn't injured then we'd know what the next questions would be anyway. Saying he isn't avaialble for selection is a fact and something someone could reasonably conclude based on him not playing ISC, and not part of the injury report. Not exactly an insider scoop, or a rumour.

Fair call re people pretending to be insiders (god I hate that term) but I think the right to be taken seriously with respect to any insight is something that is earned here. Unfortunately the reality is that some detail can't always be given because putting it in the public eye creates risk - especially when journalists and others looking to capitalise on the details are reading the forum. Some forum members do appreciate information that answers their questions without needing to know the full story. Those who PM'd me were people I've known for years on the forum and trust - I'm far too boring to be demanding attention from the wider forum about anything really

I'm not really sure what the best solution is mate but I'm comfortable continuing to share the (very little) information that I think the forum would get value or insight from. It's not always going to be as much as we'd all like but I hope hope that people can appreciate and understand why that is.

Really do appreciate your response and explanation MT. Now give us Schuster pls
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 22-04-21 at 07:13 PM.

Someone mentioned how Tino had missed 22 tackles. There’s a big difference between some missed tackles and others and most of his aren’t bad ones as they are him putting a big shot on or running out of the line and bumping off the attacker

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Now give us Schuster pls
    Sorry mate, he recently renewed with Manly for three more years. In fact I fell over when his name appeared in this thread. He is one of the few bright lights to come out of the season so far for Manly.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    On a complete other note (I know it's the wrong thread), does anyone else think it's worth a gamble putting Tino in second row next season for life after Proctor? Tinos defence is solid and puts him against 2 or 1 defenders rather than 3, let's him play 80min. Also think we stacked in the props with Wallace, Mo, Jolifee, Lisone, Ese'ese, Mcyntre. Food for thought

Recon your on the money except should be this season.

I would like Tino on an edge too (or in 13 although i think McIntyre will own that eventually) ... the proctologist does nothing for me and with McIntyre, Fermor, Stone and Farmer to name just a few mobile young backrowers then I am hoping that they get their chance at some stage. MoFo, Wallace, Joliffe, Lisone and the elusive Ese'ese more than cover the middles ... didn't add Whitbread who is a level below the others I feel.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We need halves and we need them quick because we can’t waste another year. With Taylor’s money and the other 600k we have sitting around we need to go hard at at least one top tier half. We should give Greg Marzhew a run sometime during this year and Sefton as well.

Priorities 1 and 2

Darryl Clarke at 9, Shaun Johnson at 6.

I haven’t really heard of Daryl Clarke outside of here. Can someone give me a rundown on what he is like as a player

Inactive User

3W 4L with an incredible start to the year with our injuries.
    I’m lowering my expectations completely now.
    And we still have a lot of Brennan list cloggers.
    Mal and Justin need to continue to radically overhaul our roster.

Can anybody remember how well we went last year with Stone replacing the biter? Now Stone imho is not a Tino or even a McIntyre but that right side FUNCTIONED without Proctor ... surely somebody out there recognizes this too, I’m tired of repeating myself.

Banned

My question
    Was Corey Thompson held before Reynolds and Campbell Graham put him in touch.

I thought he was held.

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    My question
    Was Corey Thompson held before Reynolds and Campbell Graham put him in touch.

I thought he was held.
    Just watched it again and another 50/50 that went against us.

Also AJ made a half break early in the second half and got held down for ages which should’ve been a 6 again at least, potentially even a sinbin. But of course nothing