Page 62 of 176 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Paul Turner is one that Warriors fans were hoping to keep onto. A utility back with speed and a nice step. Good player, deserves NRL time.
    Can play an impact dummy half role, a useful guy to have on any bench.

Paul Turner has really impressed me from the small sample of games I have watched him play

Esan Marsters outside Proctor = WTF!!! No ball and no tackle. In fact, I like the Marsters signing but outside Proctor ... gee. Even the commentators have been blasting our onfield leadership or lack of it. Paul Turner? Why not.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Any confirmation on the Daryl Clark news

First Grader

In regards to Esan Marsters, he was signed to the Cowboys to the end of 2022. As our contract is also to this date, the Cowboys are likely to have subsidised his contract for this period to some extent. It seems like a pretty smart move getting a centre for less than his current contract price although the Cowboys fans are happy about it as they think he was rubbish in defence. Hopefully it is an attitude thing which Holbrook can fix

Staggs has re-signed with Broncos... 4 years @ $700,000 per season.

Source... everywhere.. Dobbin, nine news, Fox League

......on another note and entirely off topic. (Round 12 V Sharks is not up yet). The wife and I go to an away game each year (excluding 2020).. This year I chose Sharks at Coffs Harbour and booked accommodation about 6 weeks ago. The bloody game is sold out. So if anyone hears of any tickets available then please let me know otherwise I will be watching in a pub (in Coffs Harbour).

Once Round 12 is posted I will jump on there..

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Staggs has re-signed with Broncos... 4 years @ $700,000 per season.

Source... everywhere.. Dobbin, nine news, Fox League
    4 years for an untried 5/8, coming back from an ACL injury. The price is cheap though if he is their future 5/8. Not so cheap if he's a centre.

lol 750k for a bloke coming off an ACL. I'm glad we pulled out. And if the rumours are true that he only wants to play five-eighth then good luck with that.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 05-05-21 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    4 years for an untried 5/8, coming back from an ACL injury. The price is cheap though if he is their future 5/8. Not so cheap if he's a centre.
    stinks of desperation doesnt it.

If he had no off field issues and no injury history it would still be a stretch... but combine it all and i'll be surprised if he managed to play round one next year.

NO DEAL: The @GCTitans have gone cold on signing Super League sensation Daryl Clark after being left stunned at his asking price and terms. #NRL* @cmail_sport
    from Travis Meyn

The Titans have baulked at the asking price of Super League sensation Daryl Clark, leaving the Gold Coast to continue their hunt for a new No. 9.

News Corp understands the Titans have aborted their pursuit of Clark for now after being stunned at the salary and terms he was seeking to leave England.

Reports from England this week suggested Clark was Gold Coast-bound in 2021, however that is not the case.

Titans figurehead Mal Meninga has made no secret of his desire to land a quality dummy-half next year, revealing an experienced No. 9 was the Gold Coast‘s chief recruitment target.

The Titans hoped to lure Melbourne star Brandon Smith to the Gold Coast, however the Storm would not entertain releasing him without a big-name player trade occurring.

The Storm even asked the Titans to release former Melbourne gun Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to facilitate the Smith signing, which the Gold Coast rejected.

The Titans still have an eye on Smith for 2023 and beyond, but he is also being chased hard by Canterbury coach Trent Barrett.

The Smith impasse prompted the Titans to look abroad at Clark, Warrington’s hooker and a former England Test player.

At 28, Clark is an experienced rake with more than 270 games of first grade experience in England.

He was named the Super League’s Man of Steel - equivalent to the NRL’s Dally M Medal - in 2014 before touring Australia for the Four Nations.

The Titans made Clark an offer but were blown away by what he was seeking to head to Australia.

Clark not only wanted top dollar to head to the Gold Coast but was also seeking the security of a three-year deal, which the Titans would not entertain.

Titans figures have not ruled out signing Clark, but he would have to dramatically lower his asking price for the club to entertain a deal.

At this stage, negotiations have hit a stalemate and not progressed.

The Titans have re-signed bench dummy-half Erin Clark for a further two years and starting hooker Mitch Rein is seeking a new contract.

Rein has been one of the Gold Coast‘s better players in 2021 and the club has not ruled out re-signing him.

Broncos hooker Jake Turpin looms as a possible recruitment target for the Titans given he is off-contract at Brisbane this year and the club is courting Canberra’s Josh Hodgson.

- - - Updated - - -

Off reddit from couriermail

First Grader

No to Turpin

Signing any player from the UK on massive money to a 3 year deal would be terrible business. Way too risky.

I'm a huge fan of him as a player and think he would bring a lot to the NRL but that kind of signing needs to be risk managed really carefully

Figures being bandied about are he was asking for $800k. Crazy. If he wants three years and a place to come to that isn't ravaged by covid then his asking price should be 2/3 that. Shame the talk on Brandon Smith has gone quiet.