Page 88 of 176 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    If anyone attends Titans NRL training sessions and they see a giant young man that is unfamiliar to them, it is likely to be Isaac Matalavea-Booth who has commenced training on a limited basis with the Titans NRL squad.

With his performances for the Titans U19's and Burleigh's Colts sides this season, for me he is one of the most improved players in the entire JTS program.

He joined the JTS program a couple of seasons ago from New Zealand and last year played with Keebra Park SHS.
    Great pickup mdrew. His improvement in the last 12 months has been unbelievable. Had to include a photo (not mine) so everyone can get a look at just how big this lad is. Still only 19.

edit: ignore the text on the photo from the "Titans Frontline" instagram photo, it's incorrect. He's not on a development contract (yet).
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 03-06-21 at 01:11 PM.

That's the biggest 5/8 I've ever seen.

Rep Player

Looks like Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    If anyone attends Titans NRL training sessions and they see a giant young man that is unfamiliar to them, it is likely to be Isaac Matalavea-Booth who has commenced training on a limited basis with the Titans NRL squad.

With his performances for the Titans U19's and Burleigh's Colts sides this season, for me he is one of the most improved players in the entire JTS program.

He joined the JTS program a couple of seasons ago from New Zealand and last year played with Keebra Park SHS.

YouTube I found on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpLNZ48slY
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Here are some random musings:

1. The Club should only recruit people with pronounceable and spellable names.
    2. To accommodate JC (the one without the beard) if he performs then AJ could become our Damien Cook.
    3. The plodders should all only be on our bench and only be exposed for the 20 minutes either side of halftime.
    4. Any forward who can't pass can't play on an edge.
    5. Every hit up needs at least two players in action, not just the ball carrier. The Walker brothers were right, "contract football" goes way back before Toowoomba and Duncan Thompson introduced it. The Canterbury sides of the early 50's used it too and it just means that you only pass to a player in a better position thus eliminating stupid errors. Stand deep and run like you mean it.
    6. Any kick not chased competitively should be publicly shamed online and in the paper along with missed tackles and no line speed. The Club website should have a Wall of Shame instead of pandering to the pampered precious few. They'll learn quickly.
    7. Stupid error-making players should be hooked on their second infringement.

Alright lads go to it.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-21 at 01:52 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    He's a muuuuch better footballer than that now. As mdrew point out - probably the most improved of the entire JTS system over the last 12 months.

First Grader

I'd be very interested to see how AJ would go as a hooker. His speed out of dummy half would be amazing to see.

Cooks 1.78m, 86kg
    AJ 1.81m, 89kg

Thats what come up in Google anyway, how accurate it is im not sure

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Here are some random musings:

1. The Club should only recruit people with pronounceable and spellable names.
    2. To accommodate JC (the one without the beard) if he performs then AJ could become our Damien Cook.
    3. The plodders should all only be on our bench and only be exposed for the 20 minutes either side of halftime.
    4. Any forward who can't pass can't play on an edge.
    5. Every hit up needs at least two players in action, not just the ball carrier. The Walker brothers were right, "contract football" goes way back before Toowoomba and Duncan Thompson introduced it. The Canterbury sides of the early 50's used it too and it just means that you only pass to a player in a better position thus eliminating stupid errors. Stand deep and run like you mean it.
    6. Any kick not chased competitively should be publicly shamed online and in the paper along with missed tackles and no line speed. The Club website should have a Wall of Shame instead of pandering to the pampered precious few. They'll learn quickly.
    7. Stupid error-making players should be hooked on their second infringement.

Alright lads go to it.
    I second this notion

Not sure it's that easy guys, sure AJ has a similar sized body to Cook but going from making 5-10 tackles a game to almost 40 is a huge difference and there's no guarantee he could handle that.

If anything in the next 2 seasons I'd be looking to develop AJ's ball playing ability, move him to 6 as a running 5/8 with Presto Jnr at fullback. Then sign a legitimate hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I'd be very interested to see how AJ would go as a hooker. His speed out of dummy half would be amazing to see.

Cooks 1.78m, 86kg
    AJ 1.81m, 89kg

Thats what come up in Google anyway, how accurate it is im not sure
    Interesting weight comparisons especially when we are saying JC is a little under sized at just over 80kg. Not as far out of the realms of big enough after all.

Rep Player

Matt Dufty and Daine Laurie are only 83 kg. Ryan Papenhuyzen is 84 kg. If Campbell is only 80 kg at his age and still busting tackles like crazy then I don’t think his weight is an issue.

First Grader

It's not just about weight though, it's also about strength and Campbell looks veryyy skinny compared to all 3 of those blokes. I'm sure the majority of his tackle breaks come from his footwork and speed. Don't get me wrong I'm hoping he carves up but I feel like he'll need to put on another few kgs of pure muscle before he can be a consistent first grader.

Looks like SJ officially on the outer at the Sharks. He's probably our only halves option now, but if we never even chased Reynolds then why would we bother with SJ?

First Grader

Reynolds would’ve been asking for a lot more than SJ will have to now. Plus with Reynolds and Fogarty you basically have 2 of the same player, whereas Fogarty and Johnson could be a solid pairing as Johnson can be a running 5/8 while Fogarty handles the game managment.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Looks like SJ officially on the outer at the Sharks. He's probably our only halves option now, but if we never even chased Reynolds then why would we bother with SJ?
    SJ on the left hand side with fifi / kelly / Thompson would be deadly in attack but questionable in defence

The old glass cannon strategy to football

Money wise getting him for 600 still frees up 400 in the cap because we have finished the Taylor contract