Page 87 of 176 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2626
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Fair enough. I don’t think any of the players you mention are obvious recruitment targets but that’s just a difference of opinion really.

I get the feeling we seem to forget why we’re losing games when it comes to recruitment, and sometimes get over excited by any player that becomes available who is half decent. We are leaking points like no tomorrow. I don’t see how any of the players you mention that have been signed by other clubs would be an obvious fix for that.
    Great point.

I think the serious regression of Fogarty, Ash, Sami, Proctor and Don have been most of our issues roster-wise imo.

Fine with SJ either way, wouldn't solve any real defensive problems we have, but would be a nice breath of fresh air to see some variety in our attack from our halves with him there for once as opposed to the bomb to Don strategy.

Don't think we're in a position to make a move like this, but if you wanted to go down a Nicho Hynes route regarding a 6, I know most wont like this but I would be super curious to see what Jamayne Isaako could do in the halves, think there could be something there with him.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 02-06-21 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Fair point HS.....but the players he mentioned are better players than what we have, so by being better I would hope they are better defenders as well. When we talk defence, it would be great if we didn't have to tackle as much, which often happens by building pressure with repeat sets. In the last 6 rounds we have forced 6 line drop outs, that is hardly pressure. Plus our six tackle kick and hope bombs never force an error from the opposition. I am probably simplifying it but better attacking players hopefully lessen the defensive load?
    That’s a good angle MT, well said and I can certainly see that point of view

Rep Player

To reiterate I’m fine with all our negotiations going on behind closed doors but we need to start seeing some results. When I say linked you can’t just palm off all media rumours as crap. Fifita and Tino are great but what’s the point with 3/4s of our spine being garbage. Our back slow and poor in defence and our starting forwards starting to age out. Yes it’s a mix of development and signings but I fear if we don’t start trending in the right direction soon whatever goodwill we have left among the fan base will be long gone.

To me next year Gagai, Sua or Capewell would instantly improve us. If we don’t get any of those then I’d have to wonder about our recruitment. I don’t love the halves and hookers on offer for next year so I just don’t know what we do. Hope that Sexton or Weaver are ready and Turner turns out to be the next Benji
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 02-06-21 at 09:17 PM.

I am very reluctant to post as we are really going around in circles. Players can't play but they could before. Players don't come up with any line speed but they did before. Players don't chase kicks but they did before. And on and on and on.

I don't believe it's about recruitment, sure we could do with some up-grades but if you took the performances at the end of 2020 and added the players we have recruited, irrespective of the rule changes, we should be much more competitive. I don't mean premiership level competitive but certainly not the lame duck mob we have at the moment.

A good performance this week will mean that the fab four or five (a ridiculous number of representatives considering the team's performances) are either not turning up each week (which I don't believe) or the rest are bludging on others' reputations (this is what I think is a big part of it) or everybody has been reading the paper (was a part of it) or now they have lost confidence and the discipline has vanished (the growing part of it).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We need some experience, our most experienced guys proctor Wallace don plus captain Fogarty have been our worst players, no wonder once we concede one try straight away we seem to drop our heads we have no one to lead us when the going gets tough, unfortunately I don't see many options recruitment wise to fix that, Finucane would be good if Wallace was off contract so we could afford him. Johnson and Capewell look like our best options, I'll trust what the recruitment guys are doing behind the scenes but the longer our defence stays how it is the more I'm losing faith, every year it's the year we think we've turned a corner

So according to Fox stats we have conceded the second most ruck infringements (4.7 per game), third most penalties per game (5), the 4th lowest completion rate (76.3%) and have conceded 35 points 5 or more times this year.
    This is why we aren't winning games and it is frustrating because we have all been highlighting it every week and it still hasn't been fixed.

Rep Player

Tinfoil hat time. A source claims they saw Holbrook having coffee with Rapana. Again I’d say 95% BS...but!! As there is nothing else going on in the signing front what do we think of him as a Don replacement

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Tinfoil hat time. A source claims they saw Holbrook having coffee with Rapana. Again I’d say 95% BS...but!! As there is nothing else going on in the signing front what do we think of him as a Don replacement
    If true I'd think that he could be a handy pick up. He has friends and maybe family here so that makes sense. His experience would be greatly needed and if true it won't be for a long contract which may allow the club to bring some younger player into the system at the right times.I know he has a few mistakes in him and sometimes tries too hard , however I like that he is aggressive in bringing the ball up.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    If true I'd think that he could be a handy pick up. He has friends and maybe family here so that makes sense. His experience would be greatly needed and if true it won't be for a long contract which may allow the club to bring some younger player into the system at the right times.I know he has a few mistakes in him and sometimes tries too hard , however I like that he is aggressive in bringing the ball up.
    We could do worse, but feel it is a bit of a sideways step. A wing combination of C.Thompson and J.Rapana could be one of the better ones we've seen at the club

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    We could do worse, but feel it is a bit of a sideways step. A wing combination of C.Thompson and J.Rapana could be one of the better ones we've seen at the club
    We want juniors pathways so play Jayden on the wing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    I wonder due to the speed of the game now that the need for big bodied wingers are dwindling and that the smaller more agile winger is on the comeback ?? Not sure just wondering...

Having said that I'd like to see how JC goes this week to see where he is at and maybe he's the one to take Dons wing spot going forward...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Junior Pathways indeed. We should be aiming toward having Campbell and Fifita as our wingers.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We want juniors pathways so play Jayden on the wing next year.
    I reckon we may end up with JC as our fullback and AJ as our 5/8. Someone here suggested this a few pages back. A backline of JC/Thompson/Kelly/Herbert/Rapana with AJ and Fogarty in the halves would be a hell of an improvement on what we currently have. Personally, I'd love for AJ to stay as our fullback, but if it means losing JC to the new Brisbane franchise in 2023 then I'm open to the compromise of shifting AJ to the halves. Of course, this is all based on an assumption that JC will kick on like we think he will.

Immortal

If anyone attends Titans NRL training sessions and they see a giant young man that is unfamiliar to them, it is likely to be Isaac Matalavea-Booth who has commenced training on a limited basis with the Titans NRL squad.

With his performances for the Titans U19's and Burleigh's Colts sides this season, for me he is one of the most improved players in the entire JTS program.

He joined the JTS program a couple of seasons ago from New Zealand and last year played with Keebra Park SHS.