Page 83 of 176 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2626

Could Campbell play 6 like his old man? I think there's a reason AJ started in the halves and moved to fullback where he's played his best footy there

First Grader

The thing is we need a NRL ready 5/8 for next year. Hynes is the standout as he has played most of his football in that position. Making enquiries with Milf indicate that we are looking for someone to fill that position for next year and to me it is a no brainer to enter into negotiations with Hynes. With Taylor’s money we could easily trump the Broncos and have a lot of money still to spend. From all reports he is not a DH which is a plus

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don't think locking up JC necessarily means AJ to #6 (although it definitely gives us the option). JC is just one of those interesting talents you want to have on your roster whether it be as a backup #1 (or first choice if he ever pushes AJ out), wing, #6, or wherever. His pricetag at the moment doesn't mean it hurts the roster too much to have him as depth and allow him to prove he's NRL capable durnig the term of his contract, at which stage we'd then get first opportunity to extend him.

Campbell's development over the past 3-4 years is unbelievable tbh. Helensvale Hornerts kid who ever made any rep teams until MM cup which he had to make the hard way through an open trial. I remember seeing him score 3 length of the field tries at the trial and thinking what has he done in the off-season to be this good all of a sudden? That season we got him into JTS and he just kept improving so rapidly since, he's now found himself with a fulltime gig and is carving up ISC. A late bloomer for sure but his skills translate to any level of football. I think he's a really important retention piece for the club.
    Do you think JC would be a good 6 or is he a long term fullback? I really like AJ at fullback and don’t want to see him moved.

I agree that Hynes would be a great buy and that he should play in the halves. As already stated I think he probably would prefer fullback but you never know. Hopefully tino is in his ear about joining the titans and selling the club to him.

Immortal

Jayden Campbell grew up playing five eight for Helensvale but since his MM Cup days he has played fullback and certainly that is his best position but no doubt unless AJ gets hurt Jayden Campbell will make his NRL debut on the winger with one advantage of that being he can float around the field especially hunting behind the play the ball where he can take advantage of a late offload or a back peddling defence.

Think of a taller, quicker and more elusive version of Corey Thompson.

IT should be remembered Jayden Campbell is a relatively tall young man and is only 80kg so he still has plenty of room to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Could Campbell play 6 like his old man? I think there's a reason AJ started in the halves and moved to fullback where he's played his best footy there

Rep Player

...more elusive than Thompson?

I would be looking of someway to get him in the side now J Campbell That is and try the F to get him signed asap

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Jayden Campbell grew up playing five eight for Helensvale but since his MM Cup days he has played fullback and certainly that is his best position but no doubt unless AJ gets hurt Jayden Campbell will make his NRL debut on the winger with one advantage of that being he can float around the field especially hunting behind the play the ball where he can take advantage of a late offload or a back peddling defence.

Think of a taller, quicker and more elusive version of Corey Thompson.

IT should be remembered Jayden Campbell is a relatively tall young man and is only 80kg so he still has plenty of room to grow.
    Thanks for the info. It would be a crime to see Jayden playing NRL anywhere but the gold coast I hope Aj plays origin and Campbell has a big debut and takes dons spot on the wing

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Do you think JC would be a good 6 or is he a long term fullback? I really like AJ at fullback and don’t want to see him moved.
    I think he’s got the skillset to be a good 6 but his best position is fullback atm. How he’d cope defensively would be the question mark.

Mdrew is right about how elusive he is. Had 17 tackle busts last weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Burleigh Bears playing on Kayo currently for those interested. Watch the young half Shallin Fuller who is making his debut. He’s played through the ranks at Burleigh and is the one who tore us up in the trial.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-05-21 at 01:16 PM.

Rep Player

I think he’s got the skillset to be a good 6 but his best position is fullback atm. How he’d cope defensively would be the question mark.

Mdrew is right about how elusive he is. Had 17 tackle busts last weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Burleigh Bears playing on Kayo currently for those interested. Watch the young half Shallin Fuller who is making his debut. He’s played through the ranks at Burleigh and is the one who tore us up in the trial.
    That’s unreal. I’ve never seen him play but hope to see him take Don’s wing soon. Thompson on one wing, JC on the other. Throw Kelly and Fifita in there too and we will have some insane tackle breaking ability.

I feel obliged to point out that defense has to be our priority.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

I’d like Connor Watson. He’s like peachy but can tackle . Play him anywhere and he will spark the team

Unfortunately our current form is going to make recruitment (and retention) significanlty harder. We aren't that exciting team on the rise that everyone thought we were and when we lose, we get smoked.

If we're competing with other clubs for players, there aren't many that we are a more appealing destination. Dangeorous territory particularly when we are so desperately reliant on results to show potential recruitment targets that we are genuinely rebuilding and improving.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 31-05-21 at 08:26 AM.

Unfortunately our current form is going to make recruitment (and retention) significanlty harder. We aren't that exciting team on the rise that everyone thought we were and when we lose, we get smoked.

If we're competing with other clubs for players, there aren't many that we're a more appealing destination. Dangeorous territory particularly when we are so desperately reliant on results to show potential recruitment targets that we are genuinely rebuilding and improving.
    Worst part is we have let players go as recruitment targets because we didn't want to pay "overs". Now we need to readjust our strategy on the run and there isn't a whole lot on left on the table.

Worse than that is trying to re-sign the ones the club would want to keep.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.