Page 46 of 176 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 146 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    And here we go again, just after years and years of my getting frustrated at our superannuation top up list strategy finally being addressed and us being a local juniors/club that goes after the best young players I now hear fellow fans wanting us to go back to being a retirement home. Get me a bucket.

Don’t be a Garth.
    It’s a speculative article from a journo. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    No for Milford but we need a classy half and hooker to make us real contenders. I just not sure there are any on the market except maybe Reynolds. Maybe we could come in between the Bunnies and the Cows. Maybe $750,000 for two years to join a team that has a chance in winning whereas with the Cows I think it will be unlikely. He might like the security in 2 years with a chance to win a premiership. Just a thought but we definitely need to sort out the Taylor issue. I do not think putting him on a reduced contract will be any good for us as he still is just an average half. To go to the next level we need to either buy a class half or take a gamble on the best young half coming through. Someone like the Roosters new half would be good or a Matt Burton type.
    I agree with your every word.
    No point persisting with Taylor unless he performs some miracles when he returns. I agree with your thoughts about Reynolds and as for pushing the younger talent, they still need a couple of years. A year or so ago people were raving about Tanah Boyd but what has he done so far. Look at young Sam Walker who is 18 and debuted for the Roosters last week, he did more in one game than any of our rated young blokes have done. I agree very much with bringing our young blokes through but they need time and a current forwards need good halves now, not in a few years. Same reason we need a class hooker.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 09-04-21 at 05:20 AM.

Does anyone know how the Colts went this weekend? Particularly keen on hearing how Jojo Fifita went. Love your work everybody

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Does anyone know how the Colts went this weekend? Particularly keen on hearing how Jojo Fifita went. Love your work everybody
    I think mdrew wrote something in the junior development thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Burleigh won, Tweed lost. Haven’t seen Burleigh game yet but having watched the Tweed game, Jojo was very impressive for his first outing. I think he will be putting pressure to crack the ISC side in no time.

With all this drama at the Sharks, what would everyone think about Shaun Johnson as our 6 next year? He’s already off contract, and if Fogarty plays the organised he could shine. He was great last year but the big worry is he’s coming off a serious injury

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    With all this drama at the Sharks, what would everyone think about Shaun Johnson as our 6 next year? He’s already off contract, and if Fogarty plays the organised he could shine. He was great last year but the big worry is he’s coming off a serious injury
    Not a bad idea mate

Inactive User

We have halves coming through who are locals

I can’t find the answer to this but hasn’t his defence been not very good ? Just thought I remember some time on 360 in the past year or so that it’s been bought up ? Also is it wise to look at a guy that accused Proctor of biting and cost us a potential shot at the semi finals last year ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We have halves coming through who are locals
    That's well and good bodsy, but we want to be competing for a premiership in the next 2-3 years while we have this group of players left. We can't really wait and hope for a young guy to deliver that for us right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I can’t find the answer to this but hasn’t his defence been not very good ? Just thought I remember some time on 360 in the past year or so that it’s been bought up ? Also is it wise to look at a guy that accused Proctor of biting and cost us a potential shot at the semi finals last year ??
    I don’t think the latter matters much. He thought he got bitten and complained to the ref. Is what it is. Didn’t watch enough Sharks game to comment on his defence but he was mostly inside Briton Nikora who is a really poor defender himself.

SJ is a very good footballer and produces points easier than most halves in the comp. Whether we want to spend marquee money on a half of his age and injury history is another question.

That's well and good bodsy, but we want to be competing for a premiership in the next 2-3 years while we have this group of players left. We can't really wait and hope for a young guy to deliver that for us right now
    Exactly, and as you say it is hope with the young guys.
    I had a bit of time the other day and went back through Mdrew's junior posts which started in 2012. By now many of the blokes that were highly rated in posts back then should be in the NRL now. The huge majority have disappeared off the radar.

I'm all for SJ at 5/8 we should be able to snare him for $600-700k ($300k-$400k less than Atay), he can be put out on the same side as Fifita, BK and Thompson would be a pretty ruthless left edge. His off the field persentality and culture should also help build the titans, who hates SJ absolutely no one. Throw him a two year contract whilst our juniors develop, agreed with the post above we have a limited time window to get results. It would bring all the polynesians back to cbus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

SJ is a very good footballer and produces points easier than most halves in the comp. Whether we want to spend marquee money on a half of his age and injury history is another question.
    Would he really be on marquee money? How many clubs would actually be in the market for him, right now off the top of my head I could only think of Tigers, Broncos and Cowboys and we would be far more attractive to him. I agree with indo that we could probably get him for 600-700.
    Last edited by Titslover; 13-04-21 at 08:33 PM.

First Grader

I'd be happy with him for 550k, that left edge would be absolutely deadly. I don't think he would get more than 600k, the salary cap is reducing next year to 9.1m I think. I actually think we are getting to the position where we can offer slight unders for players as we are now an attractive club to play for. What half wouldn't want to play behind our pack and also with fifi and Kelly to work with