Page 42 of 176 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Veteran hooker Mitch Rein playing for future as Titans explore open market
    https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-h...l-news-102297/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

OK, here is my prediction, (certainly not predicted by any media) We have great stocks in the halves coming through, Tanah Boyd, Toby Sexton, Tom Weaver.
    Perhaps Ash gets low balled by Titans and goes back to the Drongoes. We still have a war chest to add an experienced Half to guide our young up and comers.
    Jamal Fogarty perhaps stays on for a few more seasons on medium contract dollars.

We retain our current surplus dollars in search of a Rake.

What hookers other than Brandon Smith are available.

I would rank the current top tier hookers:
    Api Koroisau
    Damien Cook
    Harry Grant
    Cam McInnes
    Josh Hodgson

Mid Tier/Up and comers:
    Brandon Smith
    Blayke Brailey
    Jayden Brailey
    Sam Verrils
    Tom Starling
    Jake Turpin
    Reed Mahoney

Average:
    Mitch Rein
    Erin Clarke
    Lachlan Crocker
    Jeremy Marshall King
    Jake Granville
    Jacob Liddle
    Karl Lawton

I am sure I have forgotten a lot of hookers out there, but there's slim picking to choose from in the current NRL. Seems like we need a Plan B for Brandon Smith, and tbh the more I have seen him at hooker the less I am convinced on his service out of dummy half or decision making.

I don't know our cap situation but from what I can gather if we let Ash go we have enough for a good half and we also kept money for Cameron Smith so we must have somewhere between 500k - 800k for that depending on which reports you listen to. Not sure we can afford an expensive centre yet but certainly a good half and hooker.

Looks like Mal is chasing a hooker hard. Be interested to see what this says about it.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/subsc...m#command-form
    Last edited by psmitty; 26-03-21 at 10:01 AM.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I don't know our cap situation but from what I can gather if we let Ash go we have enough for a good half and we also kept money for Cameron Smith so we must have somewhere between 500k - 800k for that depending on which reports you listen to. Not sure we can afford an expensive centre yet but certainly a good half and hooker.

Looks like Mal is chasing a hooker hard. Be interested to see what this says about it.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/subsc...m#command-form
    Can anyone copy and paste this?

The Cheese is not the next big thing. He’s capable but not exceptional ... would we take Segeyaro mid-season?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

HOOKER
    Billy Brittain, Joshua Cook, Jake Friend, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Mitchell Kenny, Jacob Liddle, Joey Lussick, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein, Jazz Tevaga

These are the ones off contract this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    HOOKER
    Billy Brittain, Joshua Cook, Jake Friend, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Mitchell Kenny, Jacob Liddle, Joey Lussick, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein, Jazz Tevaga

These are the ones off contract this year.
    Pretty grim

Now do halves

I'd try and poach Rueben cotter stuck behind Robson at cows hes been decent whenever given a chance at 9 and killed it at all stars this year

Inactive User

Drongoe Fan Boy Chris Garry just blocked me because I said his story on us offering Staggs the 5/8th position is make believe.

First Grader

Gold Coast are ready to exit the race for Brandon Smith and turn their attention to landing England rake Daryl Clark for next season after the Melbourne No 9 indicated he was ready to honour the final year of his deal at the Storm.

Clark, a former Super League Man of Steel, is under contract at Warrington but it is believed he has been given permission to sound out clubs about a switch to the NRL.

The Titans have made no secret of their desire to land a hooker, having made Smith their No 1 priority. However, it appears Clark is the more realistic target as Smith prepares to remain in Melbourne.

The Weekend Australian was told that the Titans were ready to table an offer to Clark, a player coach Justin Holbrook knows well from his time in Super League.

Clark has made no secret of his desire to try his hand in the NRL. Canterbury have also expressed an interest in the 28-year-old as they seek to address their issues in the No 9 jersey

They have also actively pursued Smith, as has Brisbane. Clark now appears the more realistic option and the Gold Coast look to have stolen a march on their rivals as they attempt to address one of the few shortcomings in their forward pack.

The Storm, meanwhile, look set to pull off a coup if they can convince Smith to stay. The New Zealand No 9 has started at hooker over the opening three rounds of the season for Melbourne while Harry Grant recovers from injury.

Grant is another fortnight or more from returning, meaning Smith is guaranteed to remain at No 9 for the foreseeable future. He is expected to play lock or from the interchange bench when Grant returns.

While Grant is yet to return, the Storm received some good news on Friday morning when five-eighth Cameron Munster was found to have no case to answer by the match review committee following a tackle that enraged Penrith forward Spencer Leinu on Thursday night.

Leniu clutched at his knee after Munster dropped on his leg towards the end of the opening half, prompting suggestions of a leg drop. Penrith coach Ivan Cleary also raised his concerns over the tackle.

Match review commissioner Michael Robertson said they had studied footage of the incident and determined that Leniu had contributed to the tackle going awry by stepping back with his left foot at the last minute.

“We were the ones who alerted the NRL to this (leg drops) last year,” Robertson said.

“What we identify is someone dropping their full body weight on a trailing leg. We saw this tackle differently. The key point was Munster was sliding down the leg which is a pretty common occurrence in the game.

“Leniu steps back with his left leg. Munster is that action before Leniu steps back and under him. That was the big thing – Munster had started his descent, he was on the way down.

“There was no leg underneath him., Then the leg steps back from there and ends up being caught. We flagged this one for robust discussion this morning but as a group we were unanimous.”

Just beat me to it mate! good looks.

Don't know anything about Daryl Clark other than a highlight reel or two and I've gotta say he moves just as well as any hooker in the NRL right now, super quick. Any keen ESL fans here with any more info?.

Happy for the Titans to take a look at England for our #9 particularly with Holbrook's expertise onboard, just no more Sarginson's and even Greenwood's for that matter please.

We haven’t had the best of luck with any of the English recruits but Holbrook would have the inside knowledge on players over their and wouldn’t chase someone who couldn’t adapt to NRL footy

I haven’t seen much of Clark but from what I’ve observed, most who watch SL rate him as the best hooker in the competition.

Curious to hear more details from anyone who has seen a bit of vision that isn’t highlights

Inactive User

Would we be looking to get Clark for this season?