Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Is Toby Sexton still on a development contract for 2021? If so, this means there is another spot there for a top 30 contract

Immortal

I think he moves to the Top 30 for 2021 mate, but not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Is Toby Sexton still on a development contract for 2021? If so, this means there is another spot there for a top 30 contract

Also re Hipgrave - unfortunately I don’t see where he fits in. Fifita, Proctor, Fermor, Stone all ahead of him as backrowers. Darius Farmer as a work in progress and Ioane Seiuli could still be there as well. I think he is probably surplus to requirements

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I think he moves to the Top 30 for 2021 mate, but not 100% sure
    Thanks mate!

Immortal

Fullback or centre for me mate, not sure which one but regardless he is a talent.

I think that playing rugby at No. 10 and No. 15 at a high level including Division One Colts this season will really help him in either position, and of course five eight for the Ipswich MM Cup side.

I included him as a centre mate but know he’s played at 6 as well - interested to hear your thoughts as you’d know better than me what his best position is.

Good to see you here STF.

NZT - I've added in the current development players to your list as well (will update if this changes or if I’ve got it wrong)

Harry Grant would be a dream and we are one of the only clubs he follows on instagram, so thats pretty much confirmed Harry Grant to Titans 2021 right?
    Cheers for that mate!, definitely add in whoever else joins the squad and update for whatever ends up happening with Hipgrave, Seiuli and Compain.

Regarding Harry Grant, he would be the final piece of the puzzle and we would have genuine premiership aspirations with him on board. The rest of the squad is filling out nicely, can't think of any player that we have that I wouldn't want on this squad right now, even Peachey has value on this team.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Cheers for that mate!, definitely add in whoever else joins the squad and update for whatever ends up happening with Hipgrave, Seiuli and Compain.

Regarding Harry Grant, he would be the final piece of the puzzle and we would have genuine premiership aspirations with him on board. The rest of the squad is filling out nicely, can't think of any player that we have that I wouldn't want on this squad right now, even Peachey has value on this team.
    I really think with the depth we have that our coach will have a tough decision come round 1 with who he picks and who he leaves out.

QLD Cup

Also re Hipgrave - unfortunately I don’t see where he fits in. Fifita, Proctor, Fermor, Stone all ahead of him as backrowers. Darius Farmer as a work in progress and Ioane Seiuli could still be there as well. I think he is probably surplus to requirements
    I see Hipgrave as more of a middle that comes on after 20-30min for a shortish stint and just gives his all during that middle period of the game. I don't really think he has the ball playing ability to be a second rower. I'd love for him to hang around. He'd be above Whitbread IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I see Hipgrave as more of a middle that comes on after 20-30min for a shortish stint and just gives his all during that middle period of the game. I don't really think he has the ball playing ability to be a second rower. I'd love for him to hang around. He'd be above Whitbread IMO.
    As much as I agree that he’s better suited to the middle, I don’t think the coaching staff see him in that role and I think Lisone, Ese’ese, Joliffe, really any other front rower bar Whitbread would probably be ahead of him anyway.

Have the NRL decided on the size of squads yet? I thought it was a strong possibility that the squad sizes would be cut back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Have the NRL decided on the size of squads yet? I thought it was a strong possibility that the squad sizes would be cut back next year.
    Pretty certain I read this week that the Commission and the RLPA have agreed that squads will stay at 30.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Staying as 30 but the salary cap is taking a 10% hit. Develemental players could go from 6 to 2-4.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl...09-p55u1p.html (Not sure if this article is behind a paywall, but if you want the full article, happy to put it up.

Inactive User

Well it’s now got to be certain CSmith is retiring.
    You would think that makes getting Grant or BSmith close to impossible.

Copley is gone, Hipgrave still in limbo
    Keegan will be wearing a Bulldogs or StHelens jersey next season he will not be with us
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Keegan will be wearing a Bulldogs or StHelens jersey next season he will not be with us
    Oh. Not sure how I feel about that. I like him and how he plays.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Love how Benny Elias says tonight while admitting that he has no idea , that Cameron Smith will sign with us. Yet what we saw after the game all points to Smith retiring.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady