Page 151 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    I think we might see an improved Herman next year. Crackdown weekend he got sent off and suspended for 3 weeks, that tackle now would be a penalty and maybe 10 in the bin, so that hasn’t helped his year.
    The feeder club he plays for will be happy to hear that as he doesn’t even get a mention on an extended bench for the Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Re outside backs - Marzhew will be extended and Lofi has extended for another 2 years. Jojo is also there and CT extended a few months back. JB your boy Sami is still around for 2022 as well. We’ll be fine there I think. That’s pretty low expenditure across the board.
    How did Sami’s management miss the boat in the acid induced contract extensions yesterday?

At the end of the day the only expectations of improvement for next year have to come from within the team for next year as they aren’t coming externally and if someone says Lui So help me God I’ll extend this lockdown.

While initially furious at the decision to activate Proctors CO (he often finds himself scapegoated by me for poor performances), I've come to terms with it the 2021 off contract market is very light, and its fairly obvious he won't be playing 80 minutes a game any more. I also think somewhere along the line we accidentally let him become the heart and soul of the squad.

I think Fogarty is a good retention also. I don't think we would have to offer him much to stay, best case scenario he kicks up a gear and goes even better with experience, worst case scenario we have a very solid veteran backup half, who will continue to lead the standard in on and off field effort.

As far as Ash goes, I think he can still make a go of it in the NRL, just not for us. Odds are he goes somewhere with well established systems and plays better than he ever has for us in the past 5 years. But I think it is the best for both him and the club to move on.

Whitbread has had his chance to kick on and missed it, which is a shame because I, and I'm sure many of you, had high hopes when we brought him into the roster. Stone is a solid but unremarkable back rower, who I think has reached his ceiling.

I really hope we can retain Marzhew as it seems like he has really improved on the issues that have kept him out of first grade sides in the past. Now his hands are a lot safer and he is better in defense, he is an outstanding version of the modern winger with the way he carries out of our half of the field.

Ese Ese is a bit of a miss this year, and it was short sighted to give a player option to him. Another one I had high hopes for because on his day he has as good late foot work and offload as any middle in the comp. I think we went on the high side for his contract because we didn't anticipate Wallace, Jolliffe and especially Sam Lisone to be playing as well as they have been this season.

I'm still torn on Peachey. Our attack always looks better when he is in the 13, but he has lapses in defense, and is still capable of coming up with a momentum killing bumble here and there. Will be interesting to see what happens, especially as I get the impression that Paul Turner was possibly coaxed across with a spot in the 17 in mind.

We seem like we have actually set our selves up to be in good stead come 2022 recruitment. We have all of our players in the lighter positions locked up. And provided we can lock up Mo before then (with the option of reducing or letting Wallace go 600k), should be set to make a play at one of the several excellent hookers off contract. (Both Braileys, Lussick, Mahoney, Smith, Starling. Even someone like Koroisau or Hodgson).

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

^^
    Great post mate and summarises things well.
    You have listed some options after 2022, but what concerns me is that next seasons team is looking essentially the same as now. That wouldn't be good.

Great post T

That’s a really good post Titanitis. Great perspective

Yes T that is a good post.
    Although I was a fan of the Peach I am now off his wagon as he isn’t really providing much in attack and certainly not enough to over ride his defensive liabilities. We could do better than this guy.

Agreed. I rate Peach as a link man, but (in the greatest of ironies) I don't think he is versatile enough. Whenever we are forced to slot him into hooker his first steps out of dummy half are like molasses.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Anyone have any thoughts on Dylan Brown?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on Dylan Brown?
    Good defender but limited skill-set, lacks creativity

Hey we couldn't play John Asiata at 5/8 could we?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed how Cooper Johns goes?

- - - Updated - - -

I did suggest this one other time but any thoughts on Tyrone May as 5/8 (yes did a ******** thing but has matured surely)?

Any thoughts on Will Smith at 5/8? He's got plenty of speed and back up very well but i just haven't seen him as a play maker.

Rep Player

Are you just trying to see which turd will stick?

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Hey we couldn't play John Asiata at 5/8 could we?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed how Cooper Johns goes?

- - - Updated - - -

I did suggest this one other time but any thoughts on Tyrone May as 5/8 (yes did a ******** thing but has matured surely)?
    Are you trying to make Ash Taylor look good...

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Are you trying to make Ash Taylor look good...
    I'd pretty much take anyone bar mate.

I haven't seen enough of those other guys to categorically say they are the solution that’s why I’m asking the question but one thing is for certain we need to come up with a solution if we want to improve our standard.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 08-08-21 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I'd pretty much take anyone bar mate.

I haven't seen enough of those other guys to categorically say they are the solution that’s why I’m asking the question but one thing is for certain we need to come up with a solution if we want to improve our standard.
    Fridays re-signings are an indication that we aren't looking at improvement next year.