Page 49 of 176 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Johnson definitely thought he was bitten. He then realised the ramifications of what his reaction was about to cause and backtracked straight away as he didn't want it to escalate further. He then released a statement or whatever prior to the judiciary hearing in proctors favour saying he didn't get bitten. Personally I dont hold it against him at all, regardless of whether he ends up here or not.

No problem with Johnston, a big no to Milford, watching Taylor with a little but ever diminishing hope and not sure about Reynolds ever leaving Souffs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Gold Coast are another club who won’t be making a play for Reynolds.

The Titans are big on not buying over the top of people and have a young gun halfback in Toby Sexton at the club.

A Palm Beach Currumbin product, there are big raps on the former Australian Schoolboys halfback at the Titans.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...45a5fc5353977e

This will make Mr Bods a happy camper.
    Psmitty

Daryl Clark looks to be getting interest from multiple clubs. Looks almost certain to be in the NRL in 2022, big question is which club lands him. Hope we can get it done.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    The Gold Coast are another club who won’t be making a play for Reynolds.

The Titans are big on not buying over the top of people and have a young gun halfback in Toby Sexton at the club.

A Palm Beach Currumbin product, there are big raps on the former Australian Schoolboys halfback at the Titans.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...45a5fc5353977e

This will make Mr Bods a happy camper.
    Yeah it does. I’m not red hot on Sexton but I have faith in Weaver being the man. I don’t want to lose our young halves by getting a big fish that puts them off staying and developing here.
    Re Taylor-we have made him a multi millionaire, he should be prepared to take $250k a year for 3 years as payback to everyone.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah it does. I’m not red hot on Sexton but I have faith in Weaver being the man. I don’t want to lose our young halves by getting a big fish that puts them off staying and developing here.
    Re Taylor-we have made him a multi millionaire, he should be prepared to take $250k a year for 3 years as payback to everyone.
    Would a big fish like SJ not help them develop?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Fair call but we do have halves in Jamal Fogarty, Brad Davis, Presto and the Coach Holbrook who can mentor and develop their footy smarts as halves.
    That’s a wealth of knowledge and maturity there.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yes of course they would and those other blokes are a couple of years away from NRL level. I also repeat what I said earlier about these juniors that keep getting mentioned - read MDrews posts over the years and see how many have made it. If one makes it, that is great, but it is a very dangerous policy to rely on it. Sam Walker's don't come along every day.

Immortal

I appreciate that the vast majority of the juniors will not make the NRL, a 2016 survey indicated that only about 2 percent of U16 Harold Matthews players make the NRL so I am under no illusion.

The write-ups are not done thinking every single junior player will make the NRL, it is great when one does but it is about young people following their dreams and doing their best in whatever they do.

Just thought I would clarify that I am not that dillusional haha.

First Grader

There was a report that Chris Walker urged the Titans to sign Sam. Not sure what happened there but looks like one gem we have missed out on when the opportunity arose

Immortal

Not correct. The Titans gave it a red hot go with Mal Meninga meeting with him but he chose the Roosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    There was a report that Chris Walker urged the Titans to sign Sam. Not sure what happened there but looks like one gem we have missed out on when the opportunity arose

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I appreciate that the vast majority of the juniors will not make the NRL, a 2016 survey indicated that only about 2 percent of U16 Harold Matthews players make the NRL so I am under no illusion.

The write-ups are not done thinking every single junior player will make the NRL, it is great when one does but it is about young people following their dreams and doing their best in whatever they do.

Just thought I would clarify that I am not that dillusional haha.
    All good mate. My point was just to illustrate how rare it is for young stars to crack it at NRL level. Even then we could have someone on the door of NRL and another club can swoop in and pinch them.

To get a feel as to how some of our young guys are travelling have a peek at the weekly QRL website package. They show a highlights reel of all Q Cup games. Toby Sexton had a big impact last week. Seagulls stacked on 40 points with several Titans featuring.

Hi everyone,
    I haven’t logged on in a long time but check the forum regularly and enjoy the posts.
    I’m very happy with the recruitment since Holbrook has arrived. I think we have done very well getting the most out of the lower paid players. Lisone, Clark, Don, Thompson, Herbert and especially Jolliffe. It’s these lower payed players that really make a team. All these players consistently performing has helped tino, Fifita and Brimson perform without as much pressure. Some of our “superstars” are able to have an off week because the rest step up. Also the only reason we can pay overs for Fifita and co is because the guys are filling in on the cheap. It’s great to dream about a rep player in every position but unless your the roosters it’s not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Not correct. The Titans gave it a red hot go with Mal Meninga meeting with him but he chose the Roosters.
    Cheers mate. I’m glad we had a go at getting him. Hopefully Boyd and Sexton can use Walkers game against the Sharks as motivation for themselves.

What are your thoughts on Clarke staying with us ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady