Page 48 of 176 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    A bidding war for Ash? He has been able to negotiate with anyone since November. Just silence.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos try to get their hands in and look to raise his price like we've done with Kotoni and Piakura.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos try to get their hands in and look to raise his price like we've done with Kotoni and Piakura.
    Good point. If Ash gets an offer from the Broncos he should play them off and take it. That would show 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Clarkey from the column reckons he's got mail that another club are really keen on Peachey and there's a good chance he won't resign with us. He won't say what club it is. Hopefully we can sort something out with him
    On 360 tonight they thought Sharks would be interested in Peachy. It’s like he is playing for another contract.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    On 360 tonight they thought Sharks would be interested in Peachy. It’s like he is playing for another contract.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind betting that's who it'd be. Got a lot of players off contract this year. They'll have the money to spend, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I tend to agree but you could argue he played behind some of the more average forward packs in the game at best during his prime. 2011-2016 Shaun Johnson probably destroys worlds on an edge between Fifita and Brian Kelly. Current SJ is still a fine playmaker and at the very least is solid insurance if we end up refusing to get in a bidding war for Ash.
    I must admit that Johnson does link well with his edge, particularly straight runners. His combination with nikora at the sharks is lethal when he's on. Imagine what he could do with fifi. I think he's just a flat track bully though, and goes missing too often.
    Also I think the peachey is playing for a contract comments are a bit harsh. Peachey has been playing well for us since midway last year and was a big factor in our five wins in a row at the backend of last year. He 8s our link man for our shifts and his defence is solid. He does stupid stuff yes, but it comes from trying too hard. Basically we are getting way more better games from peachey now and he's integral to our team. Another one I wouldn't get into a bidding war with but I would make the offer competitive.

According to Sporting News and some bloke named Ed Chisholm, we have signed Erin Clark for a further 2 years (end of 2023).

Oh... I just read it on the Titans website..I always was a bit slow.

I don’t mind Clark but I hope we didn’t pay much.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What value do people put on Ash Taylor and do you think he will / should stay with the Titans. I think that Benji is on around $200k-$300k at a guess so that’s where I place his value at. As for staying with us. I’m not sure. For mine I would want to see by round 16-20 that he is humming along with at least 10 solid if not above average games.

However the thought of potential Reynolds is exciting. This will allow Boyd , Sexton , Weaver to learn more before getting a gig.

Anyhow just thoughts.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think we have given Taylor long enough. People have been saying for years we need to give him time to get his form back. For me time is up. If we wait until round 16 then we will miss the ones we could be looking at on the market now.

I watched last weeks game a second time and specifically watched Taylor. He missed a couple of tackles, passed two passes to know one, caused a penalty and another time a six again. He also dropped the ball off the kickoff and the boy kicked twice during the game and they were nothing kicks. I even think Peachy kicked more then him. Big fat no for me he is hopeless and was the worse player in a team that put 40 on another team.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    What value do people put on Ash Taylor and do you think he will / should stay with the Titans. I think that Benji is on around $200k-$300k at a guess so that’s where I place his value at. As for staying with us. I’m not sure. For mine I would want to see by round 16-20 that he is humming along with at least 10 solid if not above average games.

However the thought of potential Reynolds is exciting. This will allow Boyd , Sexton , Weaver to learn more before getting a gig.

Anyhow just thoughts.
    You raise an interesting subject BT. I think this whole situation has the potential to blow up later in the season. I'm not sure that if Ash cannot cement his place in the team, and as a top class half, then he is worth keeping at any price. If not signed at a decent figure, say $500k (and I don't value him that high) I think he would drop his lip and just go through the motions. Why waste any money on that situation. He is either our NRL half at a decent pay rate, or we should cut him, sign a decent half and develop our juniors. No point paying him to play QCup. I think the Reynold's possibility is no hope based on what I read about him wanting to stay in Sydney. Johnson may be a more likely option.

Ash is obviously not getting offers and as the season progresses and the rumors of a potential replacement ramps up, then I expect him to kick stones. Despite his failures he is the best of what we have at the moment and we at least need him to play the year out. This will require careful management.

Junior

Plenty negative views re ash taylor I say give him a few more games s johnson not for our culture (Prockter to bite him) i would like to put in my 2bobs worth and push for Milford under a good coach and a happy team mates i think he would thrive would not cost a lot of cash for a 1year deal nothing to lose Sexton or Weaver into the 17 blood him when ahead in a game like the bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by titansfanatic View Post
    Plenty negative views re ash taylor I say give him a few more games s johnson not for our culture (Prockter to bite him) i would like to put in my 2bobs worth and push for Milford under a good coach and a happy team mates i think he would thrive would not cost a lot of cash for a 1year deal nothing to lose Sexton or Weaver into the 17 blood him when ahead in a game like the bulldogs
    Milf never was and never will be a half

Quote Originally Posted by titansfanatic View Post
    Milford? You are kidding. You say Johnson not our culture and then suggest Milford who has bludged for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Milford? You are kidding. You say Johnson not our culture and then suggest Milford who has bludged for years.
    Personally I stopped reading at Prockter

Rep Player

Ease up fellas, I can see where he’s coming from. If he thinks Johnson lied to get Proctor sent off, basically cheating to stop us from making the 8, then I can see why he would make the comment about culture. Personally, I think Johnson genuinely thought he was bitten, so wasn’t lying. Also, Milford was a top 5/8 when coached by Bennett. Most teams in the league would’ve taken 2015-2018 Milford.