Page 10 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

I forgot about herbert

There seems to be some confusion of which Sam M we have signed. Some think it should be the young Hooker from NZ and some say think that it is the Tigers second rower. Mole seems to think it’s the latter. I , like a few think it strange that the let a local go that plays second row to sign a player of the same position who is not a junior ???
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    There seems to be some confusion of which Sam M we have signed. Some think it should be the young Hooker from NZ and some say think that it is the Tigers second rower. Mole seems to think it’s the latter. I , like a few think it strange that the let a local go that plays second row to sign a player of the same position who is not a junior ???
    We’ve definitely signed the young player from NZ called Sam Mcintyre but he’s not a hooker. He’s a back rower. And he’s U18 this year so is on a junior contract.

The question is whether we’ve also signed the Tigers one. Which looks to be the case given the GCB have reported it
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-11-20 at 08:30 AM.

Immortal

Thanks for the clarification HS always appreciated mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We’ve definitely signed the young player from NZ called Sam Mcintyre but he’s not a hooker. He’s a back rower.

The question is whether we’ve also signed the Tigers one. Which looks to be the case given the GCB have reported it

Email from the club.

The Gold Coast Titans have signed 22-year old forward Sam McIntyre for the 2021 season.

Having the skill to play as a middle or edge forward, McIntyre brings size and agility to bolster the Titans pack.

The Port Macquarie product made his NRL debut this season with Wests Tigers and went on to play 12 games at the back-end of the season for the club.

Part of the Tigers squad in 2019, he played 21 games for the Western Suburbs Magpies, averaging 29 tackles per game and 89 running metres per game.

The 190cm, 100kg big man will join the Titans for pre-season and adds further depth to the Titans forward stocks
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Not sure how we fit cam smith in now, I figured we had just enough for him and a bottom dollar contract. Couldn't imagine sam being bottom dollar cheap. Hopefully we have enough still to get cam

I read that Cartwright's money has been held for "hookergate."

Inactive User

CSmith isn’t coming however as a PR/Goodwill move for someone who wants to live the rest of his life on the GC it would be a glorious and magnificent thing if he played 2 seasons for us at below his market rate.

What makes you say he's not coming Bods? He has already said in his book that he won't play for the Storm again, and he said today that he still hasn't decided and will within the next month. I don't see what he is waiting for unless they're working out a deal with us

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    What makes you say he's not coming Bods? He has already said in his book that he won't play for the Storm again, and he said today that he still hasn't decided and will within the next month. I don't see what he is waiting for unless they're working out a deal with us
    I have no inside info. I just would only believe it once I saw it for real.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I believe they're working out a deal, precisely regarding how much they would need in TPAs to get it over the line. I hope dooldog is right regarding Cartwright's money.

do you have any word on that being whats happening, or is it just what you think the situation is?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I believe they're working out a deal, precisely regarding how much they would need in TPAs to get it over the line.
    I'm coming around to this line of thinking as well. You can't tell me that if he was going to retire that he wouldn't have announced it yet - he would know surely. If he was going to change clubs , then it is tactful to put some time between the Storm GF win and announcing a change. Everything around this has gone very quiet (except Ben Ikin who keeps bringing it up) which makes me think something is up.
    As for your suggestion Bods about taking a cheap deal - why, he owes us nothing. I didn't offer any goodwill when I moved here so why should he.
    All that said, I would much rather Grant or the other Smith as they would be long term arrangements.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm coming around to this line of thinking as well. You can't tell me that if he was going to retire that he wouldn't have announced it yet - he would know surely. If he was going to change clubs , then it is tactful to put some time between the Storm GF win and announcing a change. Everything around this has gone very quiet (except Ben Ikin who keeps bringing it up) which makes me think something is up.
    As for your suggestion Bods about taking a cheap deal - why, he owes us nothing. I didn't offer any goodwill when I moved here so why should he.
    All that said, I would much rather Grant or the other Smith as they would be long term arrangements.
    I’m just saying he might have to take less than what he’s used to because we only have one roster spot left In our salary cap. I never thought of TPAs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m just saying he might have to take less than what he’s used to because we only have one roster spot left In our salary cap. I never thought of TPAs though.
    He might have to take less, but who really knows what our cap situation is, or the third parties that might be around. I have always thought that if he comes here it would be a one year deal but if it was two as you floated, then they could back end it as Ash Taylor's money is available in that year. Even if Taylor stays, there is no way he'll be on anything like a million.