Page 76 of 176 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2626
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Sorry for having an opinion. Why have a go at me specifically when I was just agreeing with the person I quoted?

I love AJ. I'm just weary of 5-year deals after 10 years of the club being bogged down with dead weight because of them. But it's 4 years on top of this current year as HS said, plus the price seems good too so I'm happy with that part.
    It should not be a crime to be negative in a GC Titans footy forum. We are not Melbourne or Easts.

Rep Player

I also think AJs 5 year is also about the club showing that we are here to stay. We would already be worried about the new Brisbane team cannibalising fans and no matter what we do the naysayers(mainly donkeys fans) think we won’t be around for the long haul.

Inactive User

A fairly handy outside back just signed with Southport in the Bycroft Cup.
    As a person he’s not my cup of tea.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    A fairly handy outside back just signed with Southport in the Bycroft Cup.
    As a person he’s not my cup of tea.
    I’d take a look but given the track record of signing the absolute crumbs of humans *cough*Lodge*cough* I’m sure the donkeys are investigating how to sign him as we speak

We should honestly sign Israel Folau as a winger or a right-side center.

Rep Player

I would support signing Folau. While I do not like or agree with his opinions, I think we as a society set a very dangerous precedent when we begin exiling people for their religious beliefs.

Don't want to comment on my opinion of the bloke or how he chooses to express himself, but I think signing Folau has the potential to be a commercial, sponsorship & PR nightmare for the club.

Not sure we're at a stage where we can really afford to take that on

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Don't want to comment on my opinion of the bloke or how he chooses to express himself, but I think signing Folau has the potential to be a commercial, sponsorship & PR nightmare for the club.

Not sure we're at a stage where we can really afford to take that on
    Can't disagree with that but would point out that the PR nightmare is a function of the ever-changing whims of the mob. I support signing Folau on principle and because I would like to see someone in NRL leadership have a backbone and put the screeching Twitter mob in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Can't disagree with that but would point out that the PR nightmare is a function of the ever-changing whims of the mob. I support signing Folau on principle and because I would like to see someone in NRL leadership have a backbone and put the screeching Twitter mob in their place.
    I agree with you completely but I think HS is right and it could become a total circus. I don't think we need those distractions, but yeah it is ridiculous that people can't express their beliefs without being ostracized. Companies that are our sponsors that want to be politically correct would probably leave us, just like Qantas ditched the ARU.

For sure the Club couldn’t take a hit like that.

Would sign him in an instant in the interests of actual inclusiveness ... the anti-anything mob need to get on board with what freedom of speech really means whether you agree or not but that’s just my opinion and VLandys is certainly not going to allow it because of his well defined position ... so it would be a big “no” from the powers that be.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-05-21 at 01:18 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

I am Ok with him playing in the local league as you can't but that sort of publicity but a no from me in terms of the Titans signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I would support signing Folau. While I do not like or agree with his opinions, I think we as a society set a very dangerous precedent when we begin exiling people for their religious beliefs.

He has not been excluded just because of his religious beliefs. Please note that hate speech is now a criminal offence.
    NRL has taken on board the effect his spewing of religious bigotry can affect the youth of our nation.
    He is setting himself up to be a Hell and Brimstone preacher with his own congregation. We will not be part of his self promotion. Remember he has cost ARU over $1 mill, and I am sure the club does not wish to participate in the risk.

Israel was one of my favourite players. He is right up there with Inglis and Hayne in athletic ability. He always seems to be smiling, polite and a good sport. All that being said, his views are very hurtful to gay people and it would be crazy to try to sign him. Have no problem playing lower grade football though.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    He has not been excluded just because of his religious beliefs. Please note that hate speech is now a criminal offence.
    NRL has taken on board the effect his spewing of religious bigotry can affect the youth of our nation.
    He is setting himself up to be a Hell and Brimstone preacher with his own congregation. We will not be part of his self promotion. Remember he has cost ARU over $1 mill, and I am sure the club does not wish to participate in the risk.
    I completely understand why it was done, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I am opposed to hate speech as a concept because of the perverse incentives and double standards it creates. "Won't somebody think of the children" has become "won't somebody think of the LGBT". Everybody has their burdens to carry, and telling a particular class of people that their primary means of interacting with the world should be to look in every nook and cranny for signs of persecution does not in fact help them. All it does is create yet another victim class intent on tearing down society and redirecting the persecution -- in this case by restricting a man with outdated beliefs from earning a living from his trade. It's the same old eye for an eye lesson I thought we had learned decades ago.

What could go wrong? Clive Palmer and Izzy. Two litigious nut jobs.
    I looked upon the list of those destined to burn in hell, and found most of my friends would fit snuggly within its broad range of perceived sins. (I myself enjoy some Fornication).
    This in NRL , all about Rugby League not the Goat Herders Guide to the Galaxy.

The discussion is moot as he will never be signed by this club.