Titans star Ash left in contract limbo
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

TITANS five-eighth Ash Taylor is stuck in contract limbo, with the Gold Coast club yet to inform him if he will be offered a new deal.

Taylor has eight games to go on the infamous $3 million contract which made him one of the highest-paid players in the NRL over the past three years.

Taylor, 26, is keen to remain at the Titans and understands he will not be worth anywhere near the $1 million-a-season he has been pocketing.

But the 109-game playmaker is yet to receive any clarity from the Titans about what his future holds.

“Nope,” Taylor said bluntly when asked if he had been given an indication by the Titans.

While the Titans are yet to inform Taylor of their plans, the club has been locking up its other playmaking talent.

Co-captain Jamal Fogarty (2023) and rising halfback Toby Sexton (2024) last week secured upgraded extended contracts.

Taylor said he was hoping to receive some clarity in the coming weeks.

“The faster I find out, the faster my future is settled. It’s not really up to me,” he said.

“I don’t want to let it get to me. I’m enjoying myself and my life now. “I live in the moment. “As a club we are building. Hopefully I can stick around here and steer the club into the future.

“It’s not in my court at the moment. I’ve got to keep playing footy and let the manager sort that out.

“I hope to get a clear indication in the next few weeks.”

Titans coach Justin Holbrook has previously said he was still assessing Taylor’s future and it was up to the No. 6 to play well enough to demand a new offer.

After missing six games through hand and hip injuries, Taylor admitted his form hadn’t been up to scratch in 2021 but he was hoping to end the season on a high.

“It was pretty frustrating to be told I’d be right for the start of the season and not be right,” he said of his hip struggles. “It took a toll on myself. Now I’m feeling a lot better and have just got to keep working hard. I haven’t really put the line out there (to other clubs). I’m happy where I am.

“I haven’t played too many great games of footy this year so I’m really focused on putting effort areas back into my game and really working hard here.”

The Titans have a bye this weekend. They will return to the field on Friday week at Cbus Super Stadium against a Parramatta side that could be missing Origin players Mitchell Moses and Junior Paulo.