Default Paul Broughton Medal Winner 2020.

Brian Kelly is the 2020 Paul Broughton medallist, beating last year’s winner Moeaki Fotuaika by a single vote to be named as the Titans Best and Fairest.

Kelly and Fotuaika were equal on points heading into the Titans final round against the Newcastle Knights, with the centre polling a single vote in the 36 points to 6 win.

The Ballina junior polled 17 votes, with Fotuaika finishing on 16 as he came close to being the first Titan to win back-to-back awards since Luke Bailey in 2010-11.

Kelly polled in five consecutive games between round 10 and round 14 in a stretch that saw him rocket to the top of the leaderboard.

He picked up three votes as the Titans best player on three occasions (Rd 3 against North Queensland, Rd 10 against Melbourne and Rd 11 against Penrith) and had three two vote games (Rd 1 against Canberra, Rd 12 against the Roosters and Rd 13 against North Queensland).

Fotuaika and Kelly were locked on 16 votes at the end of Round 15, with both players missing matches over the run home due to injury and suspension.

Jai Arrow polled strongly in the early stages of the season and despite not polling after Round 11, he did enough to finish equal third.

Ash Taylor stormed home to tie with Arrow, the five-eighth picking up best on ground honours in the Titans Round 18 win against Brisbane and the final round win against the Knights.

AJ Brimson also finished with a flurry and despite only playing nine games for the season, he managed to score 11 votes and three best-on-ground performances.

Kelly is just the third outside back to win the award (Anthony Don and Preston Campbell the others) and says he is thrilled to claim the honour.

“It’s a huge privilege,” Kelly said.

“I didn’t think I would get there, especially being out for the last couple of weeks, but I’m just honoured and super happy.”

The other Titans award winners, including Members MVP, Coach’s Award, Rookie of the Year and Try of the Year will be revealed throughout the week

To watch some highlights of Brian's award winning season click here

Warm regards,

The Gold Coast Titans Membership team
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Much deserved to Kelly. He's been solid every time he's taken the field

Inactive User

During all those games earlier in the year when we were tripe I thought Mo was easily our best.
    I’m surprised Mo didn’t get it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    During all those games earlier in the year when we were tripe I thought Mo was easily our best.
    I’m surprised Mo didn’t get it again.
    Kelly got it by one point bodsy. Over mofo.