Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2020 Origin Series

Adelaide locked in for 2020 Origin opener
    http://www.nrl.com

The venues for the 2020 men's State of Origin series have been confirmed with the series to kick off in Adelaide for the first time.

The series will then head to Sydney and Brisbane. The women's Origin match will be held on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

The Adelaide game on November 4 is just 10 days after the NRL grand final, with Sydney to host Game II one week later on November 11 and the final match at Suncorp Stadium on November 18.

The Harvey Norman Women's State of Origin will be held on November 13 at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

The NRL, ARL Commission and various state governments had put in a lot of work to ensure the series could go ahead in three different states, NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

"State of Origin is the greatest rivalry in Australian sport and Australia's most watched television event," Abdo said.

"It transcends the two states and captivates the interests of the entire nation. We are excited to play this historic game in South Australia for the very first time.

"In recent years Origin has captivated Melbourne and Perth and we cannot wait to see how the people of Adelaide respond. The interest from states, outside NSW and Queensland, to host our showpiece event is extraordinary."

Provisions have been made for those who previously purchased tickets and can no longer attend.

A two-week refund window has been created for fans who have purchased tickets but will not be able to attend the games. To submit a refund request, please click here.

Abdo said the ARLC had made it a priority to ensure all elite women's domestic matches proceeded as planned.

"To be able to play our third ever women's Origin match on the Sunshine Coast as originally hoped is incredibly important to us," he said.

"The women's game is such an important part of our game and despite the pandemic we will play both NRLW and Women's Origin this season. In a year full of challenges, we will make history again with the first women's Origin match in Queensland."

Abdo said crowd capacities at each venue would be determined before the end of the month. The NRL will work closely with each venue to implement their COVID Safe Plans to ensure a safe environment for all crowds.

The re-scheduled State of Origin matches are as follows:

Game I – Wednesday 4th November 2020, Adelaide Oval
    Game II - Wednesday 11th November 2020, ANZ Stadium
    Game III - Wednesday 18th November 2020, Suncorp Stadium
    Women's SOO – Friday 13th November 2020, Sunshine Coast Stadium

The Men's State of Origin series will be broadcast live nationally on the Nine Network and on SKY in New Zealand and the Harvey Norman Women's State of Origin will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, SKY New Zealand and on the NRL Live Pass.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Brimson on his way to a Maroons jumper
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au

Gold Coast dynamo AJ Brimson secured his first Queensland Origin call-up as the Titans rounded out 2020 on a high with a big win against Newcastle on Friday night.

The Titans equalled a club record five straight wins in the 30-point domination at Cbus Super Stadium to finish the season in ninth spot on the ladder. And the star of the second half of the season was once again the Gold Coast’s hero, with Brimson scoring two sensational tries to crush Newcastle’s premiership credentials.

With Queensland coach Kevin Walters watching on, Brimson turned a regulation kick return in the 50th minute into a contender for the NRL’s try of the year with a 95m solo effort.

Showcasing his tremendous speed, Brimson beat five Knights defenders, including Queensland’s first choice fullback Kalyn Ponga, to send the 9877-strong crowd into raptures.

But he wasn’t done. Less than 20 minutes later, Brimson left another five Knights sprawling with his insane footwork to score his seventh try of the season and wrap up a big win for the Titans.

Brimson will next week be named in Queensland’s preliminary squad for the upcoming State of Origin series and seems a certainty to make the final 17 for the Adelaide opener on November 4.

Brimson, 22, missed the first 11 rounds of the season after suffering a broken back in the Perth Nines pre-season tournament, with the Titans only winning three games in his absence.

His return has coincided with the Titans winning six of their past eight games to rocket up the NRL ladder and narrowly miss a play-offs berth after collecting last year’s wooden spoon.

Brimson, who finished with 207m and eight tackle busts, averages the most line breaks per game in the competition this season after finishing with 13 busts from only nine games. The Titans have transformed from plodders to arguably the most entertaining team in the competition.

On the eve of the finals, Newcastle was comprehensively outplayed and became the first top eight team to lose to the Titans in 2020.

They will face the Rabbitohs in a knockout final next week and even if they progress to week two of the playoffs, the Knights don’t appear to be a premiership threat.

Prop Jacob Saifiti is also facing suspension after being reported for an suspected crusher tackle on Young Tonumaipea.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

He's in such great form they need to fit in him in the run-on side.

Brimson, Arrow and Fotuaika have to be certainties for a maroons jumper, same with Fifita if fit, and Wallace, Tino and Sami have a decent chance as well. Would be great to the titans dominance of Queensland follow through into state of origin

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Brimson, Arrow and Fotuaika have to be certainties for a maroons jumper, same with Fifita if fit, and Wallace, Tino and Sami have a decent chance as well. Would be great to the titans dominance of Queensland follow through into state of origin
    I think you can well and truly take Sami off that list.

On the “nrl on nine” Instagram page they said that these 7 broncos and titans players have been picked in the train-on squad; Carrigan, Ofahengaue, Arrow, Brimson, Fotuaika, Taylor and Sami. I’m surprised Wallace isn’t in their. With his recent form he has to at least make the squad

The proposed forward pack and bench look good. Although I would replace Hunt with Grant.

- - - Updated - - -

Proposed team.

1. AJ Brimson

2. Xavier Coates/Edrick Lee

3. Kurt Capewell

4. Brenko Lee

5. Dane Gagai

6. Cameron Munster

7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8. Christian Welch

9. Jake Friend

10. Josh Papalii

11. Jaydn Su’A

12. Felise Kaufusi

13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt, 15. Jai Arrow, 16. Lindsay Collins, 17. Moe Fotuaika

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/1321585862396710912?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Oh god no please, How bad is that back line and no Harry Grant!! WTF? Did QLD inherit NSW selectors?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Oh god no please, How bad is that back line and no Harry Grant!! WTF? Did QLD inherit NSW selectors?
    The backs look thin in talent don’t they mate?? Holmes needs to serve a one match suspension and maybe Ponga is right for game 2.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Coen Hess and Sami in the side. Says a lot about depth. I should have learnt over the years to not write off a Qld side but this team looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Coen Hess and Sami in the side. Says a lot about depth. I should have learnt over the years to not write off a Qld side but this team looks terrible.
    Hopefully the anthem saga will over shadow the beating QLD are about to get. A retiring 2nd rower at centre speaks volumes.

F$#&*g Ticketek! I purchased 2 tickets to this game before COVID when it was scheduled to be played in June. COVID hit, Ticketek sent an email stating that when the game gets rescheduled they will honour the tickets or offer a refund. This info would come via email. Well I have never received a follow up email and had forgotten all about it. I have just been allocated 2 tickets to the game as of yesterday!

Tried ringing them, you get a COVID spiel and then get disconnected. Tried 2 separate email addresses, both bounced back! Ended up complaining via their web site but who the feck knows when they will action it. Looks like I have lost my money.

That sucks bigtime, shamus. Maybe consumer affairs can do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    F$#&*g Ticketek! I purchased 2 tickets to this game before COVID when it was scheduled to be played in June. COVID hit, Ticketek sent an email stating that when the game gets rescheduled they will honour the tickets or offer a refund. This info would come via email. Well I have never received a follow up email and had forgotten all about it. I have just been allocated 2 tickets to the game as of yesterday!

Tried ringing them, you get a COVID spiel and then get disconnected. Tried 2 separate email addresses, both bounced back! Ended up complaining via their web site but who the feck knows when they will action it. Looks like I have lost my money.
    So you want a refund Shamus? Good luck. That seems like level after level of insensitivity and unprofessionalism.

Edit: Oh yea, it's in Adelaide! You are such a Rugby League patriot. It pains me to see people like you dicked around like that.

I bought two Origin tickets to game 3 in Brissie for my parents. Hope Game 1 is a great one. Ok well I really just care about Maroons victory in this case.