Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tino playing starting prop in the following game. Worth a watch.

- - - Updated - - -

And Michael Ennis still can't pay our team a compliment. Talking Turbo up. What a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Tino playing starting prop in the following game. Worth a watch.

- - - Updated - - -

And Michael Ennis still can't pay our team a compliment. Talking Turbo up. What a wanker
    He comes from the same wanker school that Hodges & Parker graduated from
    #itaintweaktospeak

School captains. They have found the headline to distract everyone from the fact we just towelled up Manly.

Any way, happy days, just hitting refresh on the NRL ladder page.

Really solid win. The boys are killing it.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Every other time momentum takes a player over the try line, its a try.. Momentum took Spry to the line, yet no try?
    Spry only had to dive and he would have scored. Lack of game awareness

That whole postgame show was basically the Trbojevic show, not that I have anything against them (in fact I think they're some of a nicest kids in the game right now), but jeez seriously no credit to us at all.

QLD Cup

How great to enjoy watching again. Especially the willingness to attack from anywhere on the field. Still, would I be right in saying except for AJ we are not a fast side. Thinking of the line break rundowns lately?

Inactive User

My pass mark for this season was to avoid the spoon and get rid of the dead weight
    We are friggin 9th!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    How great to enjoy watching again. Especially the willingness to attack from anywhere on the field. Still, would I be right in saying except for AJ we are not a fast side. Thinking of the line break rundowns lately?
    Don - no
    Spry - just a smidge off
    Young - No
    Thompson - thought he was faster but no
    Peachey - didn't even want to run 20ms before offloading to Don, no
    Fogarty - well we saw who ran him down, no
    Taylor - Has he had a line break (don't get your knickers in a knot he's playing great recently)
    Fermor - Quick for a 2nd rower
    Copley - would probably have both hammys explode
    Kelly - he's kinda quick
    Sami - ran down the fox is only claim to fame but hasn't shown it since

Am I missing anyone?

Don - no
    Spry - just a smidge off
    Young - No
    Taylor - Has he had a line break (don't get your knickers in a knot he's playing great recently)
    Kelly - he's kinda quick

Am I missing anyone?
    Nailed it. But then again, I don't think we will ever have speed like meady and kg again.

Jarrod Wallace is playing the best I think I've ever seen him play.

How good is Tino, bloke is everywhere. Wrong thread but meh

Have held off commenting on the game as I gather my thoughts about what I saw. I must admit to having half a foot on the 2021 side of the fence which is distracting me from enjoying the vast improvement in this group. I don't hesitate to say how incredible it has been to watch these prima donnas and entitled juveniles turn into a competitive, entertaining rugby league team ... gotta love everybody involved in their progress (too many to name and we, on here at least, know who they are). So just for consistency m thoughts on today's game are:

1. AJ better look out. He is everything a pin-up boy should be and I hope he never loses that.
    2. Don couldn't run out of sight on a dark night, makes horrible decisions in defence but competes every time.
    3. Spry, one I've been critical of but for a centre I think we've found some potential there although his defence needs some serious work but certainly should be nurtured. He is diesel rather than petrol but surprisingly has a motor.
    4. Young, loved it when we signed him, believed he'd be better on the left than the right, thought he played busted recently and he showed today why he was in the Storm system.
    5. Thompson, don't know how we leave him out. He's not big, he's not that fast but he is 100% a rugby league player.
    6. Atay, wish he wouldn't take the goal kicks but if you can consider the last few seasons as an investment then when he gave Sirro the Zero a big don't argue you could tell that we are going to see a lot more out of this enigma.
    7. Fogarty, please take the goddamned kicks at goal, and even without the (c) beside his name he didn't sulk, he didn't pout, he just got on with driving the team around the paddock ... a real Titan.
    8. Wallace, who until recently was called The Wally (apologies John Cleese), has taken to saying nothing and doing something ... one of the most improved in my mind and his little off-load at the backend of the game is perhaps a hint of what will come.
    9. Rein, anybody not want to pick him now? Not me anyway, I think the better the pack, the better he goes and we know what that's going to turn our like. He brings experience to the group like Wallace, Lisone, Don, Thompson and Proctor do.
    10. MoFo is the type of noun that doesn't need any superlatives (just for you DH).
    11. Jaws Proctor has finally rid himself of the Cokey moniker and in a week where he celebrated re-signing, re-entering the field and re-claiming the (c) he showed again today why our Coach is a great coach.
    12. Stone, the last picked of the back row rotation for me over this season, has made me eat my criticism of him. He never dogs it and if he could develop a little off-load and bulk-up a little he could become a real weapon.
    13. Peachey proved today he's a 13 or not at all. He relishes the tough stuff, plays well above his weight there, adds another dimension in confusing defences (and his team mates sometimes) but loses that competitive edge when he's moved around. He's not a centre, a hooker or a bits player ... he's a confidence player and 13 is what suits his skill set, imho.
    14. Boyd (no need for the T because the other is of no concern of ours anymore) is destined to start behind a group that will hamper his promotion for a long period of time, however, if he can stay the distance he will get his chance and is earning his jersey already.
    15. Jai, you could have been a part of this forever but you didn't know what was coming when you followed your ex-skirt. I will watch you with a "what could have been" feeling after backing Difita to go to a new level.
    16. Lisone will make my 17 every time ... he bends the line without writing headlines and we need that as well as stars.
    17. Whitbread like Boyd is stuck behind a great group of talent. I like him a lot and although he is not the biggest body I cannot fault the size of his heart.

Those not mentioned but that should be considered in the context of these comments are: Kelly, Tino, Fermor, Hipgrave, Copley (?), Pearson, Sami, Clark and the host of others who would like to be there too.

Ps. Was Perenium in the bunker today (just kidding) ... Young's first was a try, Spry's wasn't.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Don - no
    Spry - just a smidge off
    Young - No
    Kelly - he's kinda quick

Am I missing anyone?
    Good response. I forgot about Sami and Kelly but I haven't seen them for a few games. Out of sight out of mind and the boys are getting it done without them. The sign of a good team when whoever is put in they do their job.

Is Sami actually injured or is he just behind in the pecking order?