Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    QLD Cup

Although YT wasn’t great on attack I thought defensively he was very aggressive. It wasn’t perfect but I thought he brought some physicality. That stop with AJ on our line was a match winner.

Inactive User

I can’t be bothered with any analysis tonight
    All I have is sucked in Drongoes
    Sucked in Pereneum trying to get them back in it

And Holbrook is a god of a man to get this roster playing like this
    Hurricane Holbrook has been sent to us by the footy gods and must be treasured and supported

(And the two Jim’s)

Don't get me wrong I dislike Perenara as much as the next bloke but I honestly don't think he was particularly bias this game. Sometimes it just seems like he is a poor referee rather than bias in my opinion. Plenty of other fans don't like him either.

On YT being aggressive in defence, sure he may have been, probably had bias goggles on, but that did also leave Ash 1 on 1 with Fifita because he rushed out which annoyed me a bit. After that seeing his ineffective attack just wore thin especially that dud kick on 4th... wtf

Anyway out of the bottom 4. Extremely proud of the team this year and hopefully they can beat manly at the very least. Seeing Ash dominate DCE would be absolutely beautiful. Either way exciting times to be a Titans fan.

It was just great to be at the ground and feel the dislike for the Broncos tonight and to hear the boos as they ran on was music to my ears.
    A bit of a grind in the second half but who cares - two wins over the Broncs this year.
    I have been a great critic of Taylor but he was superb tonight.
    As for Young, he had a shocker again, but who cares, we won.

And look how Badel and co. have already spun the Fifita signing..

https://twitter.com/cmail_sport/stat...22659507236865

What a joke. I hope Dave remembers this when he plays them next year.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-09-20 at 09:22 PM.

Can't blame Fifita for failing to turn chicken **** into chicken salad. We get Stone, Fermor, Proctor and Hipgrave through the line every week. If we can train an athlete the caliber of Fifita back into hitting the line with some purpose instead of just turning him back inside with no momentum just to probe as the Bronco's have been he has the potential to be the best backrower in the comp.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Inactive User

C40BB6E0-5BAE-4AD3-B5A7-6DE27EFA3124.jpg

Gold from the members tonight
    We are too kind
    It should have said DRONGOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    And look how Badel and co. have already spun the Fifita signing..

https://twitter.com/cmail_sport/stat...22659507236865

What a joke. I hope Dave remembers this when he plays them next year.
    Wow! Just read it. Badel is a dick, so is the Broncos interim coach. Pretty well Focused on Fifita’s efforts (and not the team as a whole). Yep, Fifita cost them the game lol.

Can someone copy and paste the article? Thank you.

awesome grind from our guys. lots of little efforts especially on the goal line that won us this match.

Ash was great, and had the job with Young T of handling Staggs and Fifi and they did a great job.

couple of other things - i agree Bods, the broncs looked huge and very intimidating in warm up... maybe that size is working against them this year, im not sure but the difference was noticeable and had me slightly concerned pre game.

secondly, i glad we beat them twice, and top QLD team or whatever... but we need to stop being happy with these small minded, consolation milestones from here on out. I could Tell coach was annoyed having to pretend to care about it when journos brought it up. Just focus on winning more games every year and these petty things become irrelevant. its almost embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    awesome grind from our guys. lots of little efforts especially on the goal line that won us this match.

Ash was great, and had the job with Young T of handling Staggs and Fifi and they did a great job.

couple of other things - i agree Bods, the broncs looked huge and very intimidating in warm up... maybe that size is working against them this year, im not sure but the difference was noticeable and had me slightly concerned pre game.

secondly, i glad we beat them twice, and top QLD team or whatever... but we need to stop being happy with these small minded, consolation milestones from here on out. I could Tell coach was annoyed having to pretend to care about it when journos brought it up. Just focus on winning more games every year and these petty things become irrelevant. its almost embarrassing
    Yeh it does feel like we are getting a present in every wrap of pass the parcel. Which I absolutely hate too.

Posted this after the Bulletin ran the same CM article ... what a turd Badel is:

“Where are the GC Bulletin writers? Sure syndicated articles are the norm but in a local derby I don’t want to read the Brisbane vitriol from their hacks. The Titans outplayed the ‘Ponies and deserve the accolades.”
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Posted this after the Bulletin ran the same CM article ... what a turd Badel is:

“Where are the GC Bulletin writers? Sure syndicated articles are the norm but in a local derby I don’t want to read the Brisbane vitriol from their hacks. The Titans outplayed the ‘Ponies and deserve the accolades.”
    Good one T

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Can someone copy and paste the article? Thank you.
    Brisbane Broncos condemned to record losing streak by Gold Coast Titans
    The Titans claimed their second consecutive win over the Broncos, who crashed to their ninth straight loss - the worst losing streak in Brisbane’s history - while the man under the spotlight went missing.

Peter Badel, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
    Subscriber only
    |
    September 12, 2020 7:55pm
    FOXSPORTS0:38

The Titans did a hatchet job on their big-money recruit David Fifita as the Broncos superstar copped a stinging reality check in Brisbane’s 18-6 derby defeat at Cbus Super Stadium.

Facing the Titans for the first time since inking a $3.5 million deal to join the club next season, Fifita was well contained by a pumped-up Gold Coast pack which showed no mercy for their future teammate.

The Broncos were banking on Fifita to carve up the Coast in a bid to impress his future club but it was the Titans who flexed their muscle to claim bragging rights over their marquee signing.

Underscoring the power shift between the clubs, the Titans claimed their second consecutive win over the Broncos, who crashed to their ninth straight loss - the worst losing streak in Brisbane’s 32-year history.

The Broncos started well, striking first when Darius Boyd crossed in the seventh minute, but the Titans gradually took control and belted Brisbane in midfield to leave Big Brother in wooden-spoon territory.

Fifita was by no means poor. He amassed 150 metres, three offloads and one tackle bust, including the powerful 35th-minute charge in which he beat Ash Taylor and carried three Titans over the tryline, only to lose the ball as he was about to score.

But Taylor exacted revenge in the 44th minute, exposing Fifita’s lazy defence when he sliced through inside his own 20-metre zone in the lead-up to a superb Titans try which gave the Coast a crucial 18-6 lead.

Premiership-winning coach Phil Gould took to social media to lash Fifita for his jumper grab on a night where the Coast were sharper and hungrier as the Broncos slumped to their 15th loss in 16 games.

“A lot of teams are doing their homework on Dave, leading early and getting in his face,” Broncos interim coach Peter Gentle said.

“The Titans can’t rely on him to be a one-man team (next year), defences are getting up on him.

“There are areas on Dave’s game we are working on.”

BUMBLING BRONCOS
    Brisbane’s freefall this season has been so dramatic that the Titans have usurped the Broncos as Queensland’s No.1 team.

Last night’s clash was an emphatic snapshot of the two clubs. The Titans are on the rise, while the Broncos’ $52 million empire is in ruins. A banner in the stands read: “Broncos Qld’s Shame.” Ouch.

ROLLED OATES
    Corey Oates is in danger of losing his Queensland Origin jumper. It’s been a turbulent season for a number of Broncos players and Oates has endured the worst campaign of his career.

The lanky winger had a nightmare first half, making four errors inside 30 minutes, including his failure to defuse a Jamal Fogarty cross-field kick which led to Sam Stone’s 24th minute try to give the Titans a 12-6 lead.

NO SIX APPEAL
    Sean O’Sullivan should be dropped as Brisbane five-eighth for Friday night’s away clash against Parramatta. O’Sullivan is simply not an NRL standard player and he was totally outclassed by Titans pivot Taylor.

The halves were the difference at Robina. While Titans duo Taylor and Jamal Fogarty were slick, O’Sullivan and Tom Dearden never clicked.

TITANS 18 (Rein, Stone, Tonumaipea & Goals: Taylor 3/3) BRONCOS 6 (Tries: Boyd & Goals: Staggs 1/1) at Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast.

I’m just fed up with the Broncos dominating the media. No matter how well we play we will still be lucky to get anymore than on decent sized article compared to the Broncos 4 pages. I also hate how we never play well in the eyes of the media and it is always the broncos who play badly. Also, those are **** comments by Gentle about how we can’t be a one man team, we are pbviously not as we beat them with our ‘one man team player’ playing for them. And Badle starting the article off with a jab at the titans rather than praising them for a good performance and then consistently talking about how Fifita is a bad player and making him look like he was the reason they lost the game even though he managed to sum up 150 metres in a quiet game by his standards would seem to show something completely different. Broncos aren’t the only team in Queensland and not every Queenslander supports them, in fact a majority of them probably don’t, so it is time the media accepts this fact and stops writing pages on top of pages of Broncos bull**** and focus on some of the teams which are actually performing alright and building a solid fan base.

Also, while it may be impossible for the Titans to make the 8 according to the ladder predictor this isn’t entirely correct as the ladder predictor doesn’t factor in the slight chance of the sharks, who can’t not make the 8, decide to protest against the strict COVID-19 restrictions and don’t turn up to the game. This could get them removed from the rest of the comp leaving a window of opportunity for the titans to make the top-8 and fight deep inside the finals proving themselves to be gueniune premiership contenders and maybe even win the grand final. This is my bold prediction for the 2020 finals.