Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Ok. Your claims that you're always in the Peats camp was proven wrong. You still deny it. Your comment regarding abandoning Peats was in reference to anothers post saying "hope rein gets his spot back".

My point is that people change their view depending on what happens during the year. you also did this because at one point your top 17 was Rein over Peats. A few months later you changed your point of view. You love to carry on and carry on and carry on about your point while never conceding that someone has another opinion. You have stated your opinion so move on, no need to continue to ram your view down the throat of forum members who disagree with you.

I get more complaints about you with the exception of fake accounts. My advice is to block you which some have chosen to do.

I'm not cherry picking your quotes. these are your quotes.

Now Move on or take this to a PM.
    Ouch.

Now back to the hooker discussion, I think Peats and Rein are both very average and Peats lack of form for the last two years is one of lifes great mysteries. As for Clark, he is not even at the standard of these two and never will be. That is why the Smiths discussion is of great interest.
    Next, we should be having the same discussion re our halfback, but I guess we cannot have a million dollar player getting splinters on the bench.
    Anyway, I've just noticed this is the Dragons game thread so lets get back to that. With our popgun pack we will get slaughtered and it will not be the refs fault, just like last week wasn't.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Ouch.

Now back to the hooker discussion, I think Peats and Rein are both very average and Peats lack of form for the last two years is one of lifes great mysteries. As for Clark, he is not even at the standard of these two and never will be. That is why the Smiths discussion is of great interest.
    Next, we should be having the same discussion re our halfback, but I guess we cannot have a million dollar player getting splinters on the bench.
    Anyway, I've just noticed this is the Dragons game thread so lets get back to that. With our popgun pack we will get slaughtered and it will not be the refs fault, just like last week wasn't.
    MT I said it should have been much closer. The referees from the NswRL destroyed the match in the first half. Gave us nothing and gave them everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Ouch.

No matter happens in this game hopefully we can ease our pain by watching the Broncos get dismantled by the Roosters straight after.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    MT I said it should have been much closer. The referees from the NswRL destroyed the match in the first half. Gave us nothing and gave them everything.
    I agree that the reffing was poor, however the score was a true reflection of the difference between the sides - in my opinion. We could debate that all day.
    That was last week and I've moved on. Last week was a step back from the improvements we have made, but I expected nothing less with the team we had on the park. I think this week is much the same, although the opposition is not in the Raiders class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No matter happens in this game hopefully we can ease our pain by watching the Broncos get dismantled by the Roosters straight after.
    Yeah that would be good. I can't say much after what the rabbits did to Manly last week. With the Titans and then Manly, last Saturday was not one of my sporting highlights of the year.

Out of curiosity has farmer been injured? Or maybe he just doesn't have the motor for the new rules with quick resets. I just thought we would have seen him earlier. Still has a year to go on his contract doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Out of curiosity has farmer been injured? Or maybe he just doesn't have the motor for the new rules with quick resets. I just thought we would have seen him earlier. Still has a year to go on his contract doesn't he?
    Would be interesting to know. I know he had that injury (knee from memory) but that was earlier in the year so he should be fit by now. This would be the perfect opportunity to blood him and see what he's got against a side who is roughly at our level and he has more upside/a higher ceiling than Stone.

I'm a really big fan of Fermor too so great to see him get a start. He's got a massive future

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Is he a development player ? Maybe why he’s not getting a start. I don’t know the rules around that but it maybe a reason.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'm pretty sure that they changed the rules this year for covid so any development players can play anytime doesn't have to be through injuries. Would love to see farmer get a run over stone he runs a good line that's about it doesn't have any speed or strength is pretty average at best

It's a strange one on farmer. Maybe not putting in at training. I remember he was solid without being amazing at the nines. Just thought he would offer more than Whitbread.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a ferminator fan too.

I think Farmer simply hasn't shown he's up to it yet, and unfortunately hasn't had the benefit of ISC week in week out to prove himself otherwise. He didn't play that much ISC last year either, floating between A-grade and ISC.

He's always been a edge player as well but was tried as a 13 for us in the trial v Burleigh, so perhaps they see his skillset as better suited to being a middle, which he hasn't had the chance to properly play any football as yet.

He's a great kid who trains hard, I hope he gets his chance but I don't think its that surprising he hasn't been picked as yet.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 27-08-20 at 04:09 PM.

I agree HS, not having the ISC this year has left a big hole in knowing where the fringe and up and comers are at especially the younger blokes coming through.

Don’t forget farmer had to go through testicular cancer last year as well

League Unlimited Dragons v Titans preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/350...itans-preview/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NRL match preview
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/...gons-v-titans/

NRL Match Preview: Dragons v Titans
    NRL.com

The Dragons' post-Paul McGregor era started well with a win over Brisbane and they take on another struggling Queensland side this week.

The Gold Coast have shown signs of promise in Justin Holbrook's first season in charge, with halfback Jamal Fogarty developing as a leader – captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Kevin Proctor last week – and AJ Brimson showing flashes of his brilliant best since returning from injury.

But the Dragons will start favourites after back-to-back wins, with Ben Hunt's switch to hooker and the rapid improvement of Matt Dufty at fullback giving Dean Young's side a new lease on life in attack this season.

Team news
    Dragons: Back-rower Jackson Ford and hooker Billy Brittain replace Korbin Sims (calf) and Paul Vaughan (suspension) on the bench. Rookie prop Eddie Blacker has been named on the reserves and remains an option if Dean Young wants another big man. The Dragons have won their past five games against the Titans.

Dean Young has confirmed his side will be 1-17 against the Titans, with Brittain to remain on his bench with the interim coach planning to play him at hooker at some point to give Ben Hunt a break.

Titans: Ash Taylor returns in the halves with Tanah Boyd dropping to the reserves. Tyrone Peachey is named at lock for the suspended Moeaki Fotuaika with Erin Clark recalled on the bench.

Mitch Rein replaces Nathan Peats at hooker and Beau Fermor starts in the second row with Keegan Hipgrave reverting to the pine. Winger Anthony Don is a chance of returning after being named in No.21. The Titans have not won in Sydney since round 11 of 2019.

Key Match-Up
    Matt Dufty v AJ Brimson: With 11 tries, nine try assists and 11 line-break assists Dufty has a strong case to be regarded as the NRL's most improved player in 2020. His pure speed and evasive running game is well known but his bullet cutout passes to wingers have been his greatest strength this season, giving the Red V some genuine strike power on both flanks.

He goes up against another talented fullback in Brimson, who was sorely missed by the Titans for the first 11 rounds this season but is making up for lost time. Capable of breaking the defensive line himself or creating space for others, Brimson is the chief weapon for a Gold Coast side that has struggled in attack for too long.

Stat Attack
    He spent the bulk of last season on the wing and was set to be the Dragons' fullback this season, but instead Zac Lomax has thrived in the centres – finishing last week's win over Brisbane as the leading point-scorer in the Telstra Premiership. His 10 tries and 47 goals amount to 134 points through 15 matches.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Coach’s Last Word
    Titans.com.au
    Fri 28 Aug 2020, 10:19 AM

Titan’s Coach Justin Holbrook says he is expecting Tyrone Peachey to stand up and put in a strong performance against the Dragons, with the utility to move from the bench to a starting role.

Holbrook says Peachey hasn’t been playing his best footy, but now gets an opportunity at lock with Moeaki Fotuaika out of the team (suspended).

“He (Peachey) hasn’t been great over the last few games and he knows that,” Holbrook said.

“I really need him to stand up and he has the opportunity to start this week so I’m really hoping he has a big game for us and contributes massively in the middle of the field.

“I’ve been critical of how he has played the last couple of weeks, but it is a difficult position to be in when you’re sitting on the bench and you’re not knowing what time you’re going to go on or in his case what position.”

The team is expected to line up as named, with all players getting through unscathed in the Titans Captain’s Run on Thursday.

“I’m expecting we will be as per named, which is good.

“It’s pretty obvious we’ve got some key troops out but what we’ve named we can run with and that’s good knowing we’ve been able to train that way this week and we’re ready tonight for a tough game against the Dragons.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/...chs-last-word/