Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    And? What positives were there to talk about during the Brennan era, yet some of you were STILL defending our team's performances.

And while you're here, I know you're a fan of Hipgrave, but seriously, he almost lost us that game tonight through his errors and poor discipline. Yet you'll still somehow find a way to defend his performances. I just don't get it.
    There you go.... I didn’t even need to say anything

I was pretty stoked last night well before we stole the win.

the resilience and defensive commitment, the ball movement in the limited possession we had, and some very mature performances all round, including some special 1% efforts like Joliffe hitting and dislodging ball to gain possession, Keegan falling off a tackle then making second effort to deny Clune a try, Wallace all night.

wallace was really really good, as was Joliffe,

Watching the fox shortened version so not seeing everything. Taylors pass from dummy half LOL's, but Hipgraves try saving tackle off the resulting scrum was fantastic. Perenara really seems to step up the 6 agains with 15 to go in the first half because the game isn't going to script. Taylors break after Kelly breaks the line and toes it forward rather than a simple short pass to AJ on his inside shows lack of vision. The bunker when Ravalawa drops it. Hits pause on the video "momentum has stopped" hits play " Sami drags player into in goal", penalty. Wow. Entire right side attack is having a rest so far as it's all down the left for us. First half done.

The tackle restarts after "played at" in both halves were a joke. Both were reffed by the dragons and conceded by that cheating useless prick that calls himself a ref. Shout out to Sami to finally get a try that required effort. Shout out to Fermor for the average catch and pass that worked and lead to it. Wallace starting to make his offloads count and not at idiotic moments.
    Last 15 mins and we had so many opportunities that we should have had 6 agains. Taylor gets taken out after a grubber kick through, no penalty. Perenara really put his whistle away for us until the saints have an issue. Hipgrave doesn't change direction when we were penalised in front with 9 to go. What shame we have to cop this **** week in week out. I've already rage cancelled Kayo after calls like this, if I paid for Fox I'd do the same. Disgraceful. Then on to the bunker to try and take the try off Peachey after looking at 32 angles. WOW. 2nd half and Taylor works out AJ is on his inside and boom, try time. Gotta say, if every single player didn't put in that game as they did, we don't win, if we leave it up to one or two guys to win for us, those one or two guys don't have the energy at the back end of the game to be there to win it for us. Massive effort, Massive win. Phew

Great game and great to see them grinding out a win. I think the current backline is the best we have with Thompson on the wing and both Kelly and Young in the centres. Fogarty is looking like the best decision we made this year. The only change I would like to make in the future is for eventually Taylor to go and be replaced with a better half. I think we could do with a big winger or centre as well but currently I think we have our best backline playing.
    Psmitty

He hasn't been mentioned much but I think stone was very good last night. Really good in defence. Also fogarty should keep the captaincy. He was great at the back end of the game. Pumping up the team, great communication and is our leader out there. If he stays consistent, Taylor's pay should go straight to him

Just thought I would mention win/lose ratio with Peranara in charge. Make of it what you will but I am sure we have worse stats with other refs.
    29 times he has reffed us for 12 wins, 17 losses.

Year. Win. Loss
    2011. - 1
    2012. - -
    2013. 1. -
    2014. 1. 2
    2015. 3. 2
    2016. 4. -
    2017. 1. 3
    2018. 1. 3
    2019. - 2
    2020. 1. 4

God the above table looks ugly but I am sure you can work it out

Inactive User

3W 12L since the start of 2017
    Pereneum

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    3W 12L since the start of 2017
    Pereneum
    So win loss percentage from 2017 to current is 31.25% over all, matches refereed by him 25%. Not huge difference but take last nights win out which was against the odds the way it was refereed it drops to 16%

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So win loss percentage from 2017 to current is 31.25% over all, matches refereed by him 25%. Not huge difference but take last nights win out which was against the odds the way it was refereed it drops to 16%
    Yeah you may as well think of it as 16% because we had no right to win last night with the assistance St Merge enjoyed

Dragons attack wasn't the best and of we were versing the roosters no way we win but with all the injuries and suspensions and reffing we still had no right to win that and would have lost that game at the start of the year. We are finally starting to build resilience under Holbrook and with another full preseason to clear out the rest of the dead wood and build combinations we are building a solid NRL team. Need to back it up against the dogs though hope we don't get too carried away and underestimate them, as good as it would be seeing the broncos go to last if the dogs win back to back wins would be even better

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    There you go.... I didn’t even need to say anything
    Should we just not say anything when we see poor individual performances and only acknowledge the good? Fair enough.

3 wins and 12 losses isn’t 25% it is 20% and if you take out last nights game it drops to 14%

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    3 wins and 12 losses isn’t 25% it is 20% and if you take out last nights game it drops to 14%
    Nice mathematics there Falcon.

I've rewatched the game and can confirm it is still exciting the second time around.

Some of my take-outs (tl;dr, I repeat a lot of what everyone has said but make it look like an original thought):

Jamin Joliffe has the potential to be a top tier front rower. Workhorse numbers, tight defensively and some tidy footwork with a strong carry. He's got everything a quality modern day front-rower needs and I'm glad we have locked him up because he would've attracted some attention for his services.

AJ owns that #1 jersey and I for one welcome his statue outside of CBUS.

Peachey probably played his best game for us at 13 - I still don't love him being in the side but he looked like he played an actual role instead of coming on and trying too hard/being penalised for a lazy arm/making an error. He still probably looks the least enthused of the lot and I anticipate he will try to find a way back to Sydney but him playing well is a good thing if it peaks interest in him from another club.

I think Ash is playing ok. He's certainly not playing poorly and it's quite obvious there is a grudge hangover from his 2019 form as well as judging his performance against his salary (which he probably still isn't justifying) but he's playing good enough football to add value to our team and has tidied up some of his biggest deficiencies (namely first contact defensively, linespeed). He's making better decisions and is making the right play more of the time (e.g. t hat linebreak, kicking toward the corner against the grain of the devensive cover).

It was good to see the likes of Fermor in a really grinding game...no touch-footy space to run riot, just hard work and tough carries. Showed another dimension to his game and I really like what he brings.

Fogarty could be the recruit of the year. There is some data I was looking at which shows his output against some key metrics that contribute to teams having success in the NRL and he is in the top 5 halves across the board. I will try and source these and post them because it's really interesting and gives a great perspective. Keep the C on him and let him carry it through the pre-season. Would anyone be opposed to him being our captain for 2021?

Lastly I have to again acknowledge the obvious input of our coaching team..we are executing a game plan and our defensive systems are very good. This isn't new information but it's amazing how much better players look defensively with a change in system and reinvigorated attitude. The energy and effort of the players in key moments speaks volumes.

At the end of the day it is only the dragons but boy it feels good to a get a win like that with an under-strength roster
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 31-08-20 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I've rewatched the game and can confirm it is still exciting the second time around.

Some of my take-outs (tl;dr, I repeat a lot of what everyone has said but make it look like an original thought):

Jamin Joliffe has the potential to be a top tier front rower. Workhorse numbers, tight defensively and some tidy footwork with a strong carry. He's got everything a quality modern day front-rower needs and I'm glad we have locked him up because he would've attracted some attention for his services.

AJ owns that #1 jersey and I for one welcome his statue outside of CBUS.

Peachey probably played his best game for us at 13 - I still don't love him being in the side but he looked like he played an actual role instead of coming on and trying too hard/being penalised for a lazy arm/making an error. He still probably looks the least enthused of the lot and I anticipate he will try to find a way back to Sydney but him playing well is a good thing if it peaks interest in him from another club.

I think Ash is playing ok. He's certainly not playing poorly and it's quite obvious there is a grudge hangover from his 2019 form as well as judging his performance against his salary (which he probably still isn't justifying) but he's playing good enough football to add value to our team and has tidied up some of his biggest deficiencies (namely first contact defensively, linespeed). He's making better decisions and is making the right play more of the time (e.g. t hat linebreak, kicking toward the corner against the grain of the devensive cover).

It was good to see the likes of Fermor in a really grinding game...no touch-footy space to run riot, just hard work and tough carries. Showed another dimension to his game and I really like what he brings.

Fogarty could be the recruit of the year. There is some data I was looking at which shows his output against some key metrics that contribute to teams having success in the NRL and he is in the top 5 halves across the board. I will try and source these and post them because it's really interesting and gives a great perspective. Keep the C on him and let him carry it through the pre-season. Would anyone be opposed to him being our captain for 2021?

Lastly I have to again acknowledge the obvious input of our coaching team..we are executing a game plan and our defensive systems are very good. This isn't new information but it's amazing how much better players look defensively with a change in system and reinvigorated attitude. The energy and effort of the players in key moments speaks volumes.

At the end of the day it is only the dragons but boy it feels good to a get a win like that with an under-strength roster
    Hail Sezer I like these write ups, helps me get through the Monday work day and gives me something to look forward to with the mighty Titans.

Joliffee has been great this season, and I think he can go up another level with the right people around him and some competition.

100% agree AJ always gives it his all, probably the most integral part to the Titans roster going forward and absolutely is GC Thru n Thru. I hope he is a one club man with a statue outside CBus.

Fogarty was so composed when talking to the refs, he stuck in qcup and is now an integral part of our spine. All for keeping Fogarty as captain and hope we extend him. Our spine will only improve playing gametime with each other, just need to find the right hooker going forward.