Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

"Perenara: "There was a red mark in a circular motion. That's what I saw and like I said, I did not see any teeth marks.""

So there were no teeth marks. Bites usually leave teeth marks.

Rep Player

Wonder what Zillhouse is up to these days

The evidence being provided by Johnson isn't clearly saying wether Proctor did or did not bite him

It does now. Johnson wasn't the best witness but certainly wasn't the worst. Lawyers must be into OT rates by now. Chaching.

with the statements made so far:

Perenara stating there was no teeth marks

Johnson saying he didn't bite him

Proctor saying denying that he bit Johnson

It would be a massive call for the judicairy to say he is guilty based of the video alone despite all of those statements

8.57pm: The panel has returned. NRL counsel McGrath now making his submission.

McGrath says the panel have to be satisfied there was intentional dangerous contact. "My case is what you see, and what all the evidence adds up to, is biting by player Proctor in that moment - perhaps in that very short moment - on the forearm of player Johnson."

He points to Johnson's initial angry reaction to the incident and the observation of a red mark on the player's forearm by referee Henry Perenara. "Whatever [Johnson] wishes to say now, at the time we saw that honest reaction."

McGrath argues that Johnson "opened a box that he couldn't put everything back in" and started to backtrack after realising the effect his complaint could have on Proctor's reputation, outlining the pair's long friendship.

Inactive User

I’m so confident he will be exonerated
    My rant if he doesn’t will be epic
    Free KP

How could they see and hear that evidence and come to the conclusion that there was intentional dangerous contact?

Looks like he's gone tbh. Decision pending...

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Looks like he's gone tbh. Decision pending...
    I agree. I say he gets charged.

Inactive User

Ex Footballers aren’t going to convict a bloke of biting when there was no bite especially with KP’s record.
    He will be exonerated.

Apparently Johnson’s arm comes away from Proctors mouth and Proctor then goes forward and bites him. While Johnson shows an expression of pain. What the **** is this. I don’t care if his mouth closed or what way his head went there was obviously no intentional bite. Johnson doesn’t think it was, proctor doesn’t and perenara isn’t saying yes or no. And for McGrath to focus on Johnson anger afterwards is a joke. He thought it was a bite due to the pressure he was placing on Proctors bottom teeth and therefore was angry at proctor but him. This is the same reason there was pain in his face; because of the pressure on his bottom teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the long rant but hat probably makes no sense and has heaps of spelling and gramatical errors. I was just typing out whatever game to my mind. Also I feel sorry for Fuimaono. His first trip to the judiciary and he has had to wait nervously for 2 hours longer than he was supposed to

- - - Updated - - -

9.20pm: Wrapping up, McGrath says it may not have been a long or strong bite, but he submits all the evidence points to Proctor being guilty. Over to Fuller.

Fuller says there must be proof of a bite occurring in order to find Proctor guilty, and after the extensive review of video footage, "it is unclear as to whether an actual bite has occurred". He submits there is "absolutely no evidence" that the red mark on Johnson's arm was caused by a bite.

I just said to the wife if I was up next I would have changed my plea to guilty and gone to bed.

Sorry again for the gigantic post but this statement by fuller makes it seem like he won’t get suspended. What’s going to happen with our bench then? Surely we don’t run with 2 second rowers plus peachey

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I agree. I say he gets charged.
    Agreed