Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    Rep Player

I think by the letter of the law, it was a crusher tackle by Mo. However, the Fox commentators were quite fair and said that if a player is trying to back their way through the defense, there's not much alternative for the defender than to try to bring him down on his back. It's very easy to accidentally cause a crusher tackle in this case.

He's already been charged and will miss 2 games, only 1 if he takes the early guilty plea though. We're gonna have absolutely no forwards next week so not a chance Peachey gets dropped

I caught some of first half before falling asleep on couch.

only memory is that peats didn’t look up to it, and Tanah looked promising, decent ball movement and very energetic in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    How good is Tanah going? Haven’t thought that much of him to date but that ball for Stone was special and then the kick. Imagine Fifita running lines off that.

As an aside — I’m watching on Fox and the commentator keeps saying pronouncing it Foe-garty instead of Fog-arty. Like nails on a chalk board.
    That's how his name is pronounced, the commentators mentioned he corrected them.

QLD Cup

Watched the replay last night after skimming through some comments here first. Not much to add apart from the fact that Stone didn’t make a dominant tackle the whole game. We got absolutely torn apart by their big mobile forwards with only Mo, Joliffe and Hipgrave there to stop them.

Neither Stone or Whitbread are ever going to be NRL standard imo. They are both too small and lack any real footwork or physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Watched the replay last night after skimming through some comments here first. Not much to add apart from the fact that Stone didn’t make a dominant tackle the whole game. We got absolutely torn apart by their big mobile forwards with only Mo, Joliffe and Hipgrave there to stop them.

Neither Stone or Whitbread are ever going to be NRL standard imo. They are both too small and lack any real footwork or physicality.
    1000% agree on stone and Whitbread, were better off giving Luke page or just about any other q cup forward a run

I'm all for giving Like Page a run, don't think he's on our books though and it's past the cut off date

The bubble and quarantine makes it impossible to bring new players in anyway at this point, what forwards do we have left? Maybe farmer gets a run and pushes hipgrave in the middle

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    That's how his name is pronounced, the commentators mentioned he corrected them.
    Well I stand corrected then. Sounds weird to me but it’s his name.