Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 15: RAIDERS vs TITANS

RAIDERS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Proctor will be suspended, who knows for how long.

Copley looks like a serious injury. Not sure about Arrow.

I think Thompson has earned his place in the team again.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Under the radar for this game for sure. Opportunity to impress even more.

Titans v Raiders: Double pack blow looms; Canberra count blessings
    http://www.nrl.com

The Raiders won't want to get off to another slow start against a much-improved Gold Coast if they are to maintain their challenge for a top-four spot.

Canberra trailed the troubled Broncos at the break last round but restored normal transmission with a five-try second-half blitz which delivered their highest score and biggest winning margin of the season.

That gave the Green Machine a share of fourth place with the Roosters - and Canberra will be looking to capitalise on a nice run home as the premiers struggle with an overflowing injury ward.

The Titans have been a much better side in August, going to-to-toe with the Roosters and Sharks either side of ambushing the Cowboys to claim their fourth win of the season.

Titans: Captain Kevin Proctor will defend a biting charge at the judiciary on Tuesday night. Proctor is adamant he didn't bite Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson, but if found guilty the second-rower faces a lengthy stint out. Star lock Jai Arrow suffered AC joint damage to his shoulder against Cronulla. Scan results will be known on Monday afternoon, but it seems unlikely that Arrow will play. Centre Dale Copley is out - likely for the season - after suffering a major pectoral strain. Backs Anthony Don (ribs) and Phil Sami (knee) could come back to offset that loss.

Raiders: Few changes are expected for the Raiders, with no fresh injuries and none of their sidelined players slated to return for another week at least.

Key match-up
    Brian Kelly v Jarrod Croker: The Titans centre has been in fine form in recent weeks, scoring tries in three of his past five outings and setting up the Gold Coast's first four-pointer in their loss to Cronulla with an early break. He represents a potent threat for the low-scoring Titans, especially in combination on the left with winger Corey Thompson. Veteran rival Croker, providing much-needed stability and experience for the injury-ravaged Raiders, has five try assists and sits in the NRL's top 10 point-scorers but has just three tries to his credit against Kelly's five.

Stat Attack
    Canberra have won five of their past six clashes with the Titans but, notably, the underdogs' only victory in that four-year span came on the Gold Coast. The home team held on for a 30-28 victory after leading 24-12 at halftime.

Highlights of Raiders last game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CvRnYjjL1nk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don and Sami in the wings, Kelly and Tonumaipea in the centres, Wallace starting and Fotuaika at lock, Two second rowers in Stone and Fermor on the bench.

I'd love to hear Holbrooke reasoning for picking Sami and don over Thompson on the wing, he's our best outside back for making metres coming out of our own end which is where we really struggle. It's the only criticism I have for Holbrook

Thompson in the reserves...come on. Thought he had a great game last week...tackle busts galore.

And Don is so slow I shudder every time teams shift towards his side to catch him infield. Apart from his height, he offers absolutely nothing else anymore.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-08-20 at 03:32 PM.

Thompson was also behind Robert Jennings at West’s, so I can’t help but think there is something on the field that he is deficient at which our level of footy IQ doesn’t register. I also would have him over Don.

Not a fan of Sam Stone at all either - watch how much of the contact he wins.

Proctor’s hearing is starting shortly, for those who want to tune in you can do so via the nrl website.

I can’t see how Thompson misses out too.. don runs sideways a lot when running in and gets caught in defense nearly every game.. and Sami I don’t see what’s the hype about him, he looks lazy a lot or not interested.. Thompson looks so dangerous with the ball in his hand.. feel sorry for him! Hopefully proctor gets off.. I like Fermor on the bench too.. he looks dangerous with the ball in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Thompson was also behind Robert Jennings at West’s, so I can’t help but think there is something on the field that he is deficient at which our level of footy IQ doesn’t register. I also would have him over Don.

Not a fan of Sam Stone at all either - watch how much of the contact he wins.

Proctor’s hearing is starting shortly, for those who want to tune in you can do so via the nrl website.
    Is nrl going to stream it or just provide written updates

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Is nrl going to stream it or just provide written updates
    just written updates

QLD Cup

Don is the Teflon Man. He’ll score a relatively simple try this weekend and all the commentators will applaud how consistent he is. We need more from our outside backs to reduce the burden on our pack.

Will Zillman was a biter