Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

We saw some very good things today, such as: (1) Fogarty displaces Proctor immediately and never relinquishes the [C] after his name, (2) Boyd showed Titanic [and a few others] that he is worth his place, (3) AJ had another cracker of a game, (4) Jolliffe should become an honorary Coaster [arrange that please Bodsie], (5) Hipgrave deserves his spot no matter his occasional brainfarts [every team has one like him who the opposition try to avoid], (6) Thompson out jumps Don even though he's half his size and has twice the heart running it back, (7) MoFo although great again needs help, he's looking a tad jaded.

Then we saw the failures: (1) 'Softy' Wallace getting stripped was one instance, (2) Peachey's ability to give away the most stupid penalties while generally looking like he was miffed by not being captain, (3) Sami had a dig but I'm sure we can do a lot better, (4) agree with 101 that Stone and Whitbread are not NRL standard, (5) Peats is a shadow of his former self and seems to be carrying an injury.

May as well finish them all off with those who got marginal pass marks: (1) Kelly strong without being exceptional today, (2) Lisone held his own without setting the world on fire until it was too late, (3) Fermor needs to do far more ... and (4) the missing person award goes to Young T who was [dare I say it] missing, gone fishing.

Difita, Tino and Ese2 for Whitbread, Stone and Fermor (at this stage), find a hooker (one of the Smiths would do just fine and dandy) and get Crystal Copley on steroids (yes, I know we can probably do better but I was very disappointed with Young's effort today). I know that leaves Proctor out but them's the breaks. Funny how the Cokey incident has been forgotten.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-08-20 at 05:05 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I encourage you guys to watch the presser...nothing about the referrees but Holbrook giving a really good rundown of where we're at. So much better than the crap our previous coach used to dish out from week to week.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telst...tans-round-15/
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-08-20 at 05:07 PM.

Today was not a complete shambles. Apart from peachy just collecting his paycheck, the rest of the team had a crack. We got a good look at what our side without arrow and Proctor and we need Proctor around for another year in my opinion. Our defence fell apart in stages, due to inexperience mainly.
    Fogarty needs to keep the captaincy and it needs to be his side. Boyd looked good and is quality replacement at the moment. I would love to see fogarty play like that behind our forward pack next year with Taylor firing as well. My only criticism of fogarty is that he needed to find the grass more on his long kicks. Very minor gripe.
    Brimson is our best player by far. His positional play and support was outstanding today. He will absolutely love running off tino and fifita.
    Last thing was the reffing. I am watching the tigers game now and it seems like a trend to me with the referees. That is, if you are in the bottom eight and especially bottom four, don't expect to get a 50/50 call at all. Sloppy pay from peachy but it wasn't a knock on. They just don't seem consistent. That is the problem.
    One last thing, Broncos lost 36-8 to Canberra last week, so we are still out performing them. ( in my mind only)

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Today was not a complete shambles. Apart from peachy just collecting his paycheck, the rest of the team had a crack. We got a good look at what our side without arrow and Proctor and we need Proctor around for another year in my opinion. Our defence fell apart in stages, due to inexperience mainly.
    Fogarty needs to keep the captaincy and it needs to be his side. Boyd looked good and is quality replacement at the moment. I would love to see fogarty play like that behind our forward pack next year with Taylor firing as well. My only criticism of fogarty is that he needed to find the grass more on his long kicks. Very minor gripe.
    Brimson is our best player by far. His positional play and support was outstanding today. He will absolutely love running off tino and fifita.
    Last thing was the reffing. I am watching the tigers game now and it seems like a trend to me with the referees. That is, if you are in the bottom eight and especially bottom four, don't expect to get a 50/50 call at all. Sloppy pay from peachy but it wasn't a knock on. They just don't seem consistent. That is the problem.
    One last thing, Broncos lost 36-8 to Canberra last week, so we are still out performing them. ( in my mind only)
    I agree with Dools pretty much totally
    One last thing re the referees and bunker
    I’m not saying we should have won I’m saying it should have been a much closer contest with Canberra winning by about 6-10 points with a fair rub.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I encourage you guys to watch the presser...nothing about the referrees but Holbrook giving a really good rundown of where we're at. So much better than the crap our previous coach used to dish out from week to week.

Thanks for posting that. 100% agree

Inactive User

Yeah the press conference was Gold

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Thanks mate. Agree entirely. How refreshing is Hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We saw some very good things today, such as: (1) Fogarty displaces Proctor immediately and never relinquishes the [C] after his name, (2) Boyd showed Titanic [and a few others] that he is worth his place, (3) AJ had another cracker of a game, (4) Jolliffe should become an honorary Coaster [arrange that please Bodsie], (5) Hipgrave deserves his spot no matter his occasional brainfarts [every team has one like him who the opposition try to avoid], (6) Thompson out jumps Don even though he's half his size and has twice the heart running it back, (7) MoFo although great again needs help, he's looking a tad jaded.

Then we saw the failures: (1) 'Softy' Wallace getting stripped was one instance, (2) Peachey's ability to give away the most stupid penalties while generally looking like he was miffed by not being captain, (3) Sami had a dig but I'm sure we can do a lot better, (4) agree with 101 that Stone and Whitbread are not NRL standard, (5) Peats is a shadow of his former self and seems to be carrying an injury.

May as well finish them all off with those who got marginal pass marks: (1) Kelly strong without being exceptional today, (2) Lisone held his own without setting the world on fire until it was too late, (3) Fermor needs to do far more ... and (4) the missing person award goes to Young T who was [dare I say it] missing, gone fishing.

Difita, Tino and Ese2 for Whitbread, Stone and Fermor (at this stage), find a hooker (one of the Smiths would do just fine and dandy) and get Crystal Copley on steroids (yes, I know we can probably do better but I was very disappointed with Young's effort today). I know that leaves Proctor out but them's the breaks. Funny how the Cokey incident has been forgotten.
    Great post mate. Totally agree with YT. We may as well sent out the Westpac chopper to look for him.

I was a bit harsh on Whitbread too. I keep forgetting that there's no QLD cup for any of these non-regular guys to really find their fitness in. Apologies.

Surely we have someone other than Peachy to sit on the bench. How can this muppet get picked every week.
    Something dumb within two minutes of coming on every week for about six weeks now.
    I see him come on , I sigh , and then a high tackle or a stupid penalty.
    Please stop picking him in the side Garth.
    Surely he could just go off for a haircut with TPJ, anything please.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    Surely we have someone other than Peachy to sit on the bench. How can this muppet get picked every week.
    Something dumb within two minutes of coming on every week for about six weeks now.
    I see him come on , I sigh , and then a high tackle or a stupid penalty.
    Please stop picking him in the side Garth.
    Surely he could just go off for a haircut with TPJ, anything please.
    Justin has plenty of options other than Peachey. Given he’s contracted and has no intention of going anywhere I dare say the Coach is trying to Coach him out of his poor form.
    He was once good enough to get an Origin jersey.

Rep Player

Unfortunately, I think we may be without MoFo for a couple weeks thanks to the crackdown on crusher tackles.

Inactive User

^^^^ NswRL will certainly use us to make an example of

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ NswRL will certainly use us to make an example of
    Paul Vaughan is in the same situation so will be interesting to compare

Inactive User

I was at the game and in my seat the Mo incident didn’t even look a penalty to me
    How would you (and others) compete the Mo and Vaughan tackles?