Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

I always cringe when I see Peats try and do something clearly outside of his skill set. Like grubber the ball. Never gets it right.
    Nothing to lose at that point.

A win there would have put us within 2 wins of the eight but instead we are four wins behind the team that was 8th and had the hardest draw

Rep Player

I’m not convinced it was a bite. His mouth was open and Johnson was pushing his arm into it. I don’t see him clamp down at any point.

Sorry but don’t ever let Mal lead a legal defence. “Did Shaun ever make a claim that KP bit him?” Ummmm did you watch the game. Thought at least one of your two jobs would have encouraged you to watch a game.

Shaun wants it to go no further and then Cooper Cronk digs the knife into an ex team mate and says he deserves to go further fo the integrity of the game. Jesus. Take your halo off you wanker.

I agree. If he put any intent into it there would be a mark and most likely blood

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’m not convinced it was a bite. His mouth was open and Johnson was pushing his arm into it. I don’t see him clamp down at any point.
    Exactly my thoughts.. I didn’t see him bite down.. all I see is Johnson’s arm in pressing into his mouth..

Jesus now Mal just said it’s hard to defend!!!! Shut him up

Inactive User

He didn’t bite down at all
    These people in the Sydney Fox Studios might want to look at the vision

The footage from the dressing room after the game shows Proctor telling his team mates that it wasn’t a bite. If he is still defending it it shows that at least he thinks that he is innocent

I dont like bagging player that are trying their guts out for us and fighting for anew contract but
    WTF its a bite plain and simple I had no problem with the send off as well I was also saying send him off
    But to be honest we player with some much grit today was 1 off our best games as in not giving up
    AJ Kelly Thompson down that left side nearly turned it our way
    I see Young will get the right centre spot again as Glass gets shattered again
    PEACHY FU*K HIM OFF the team he is so overrated and just does silly thing when we are attacking the line
    Rant over I am Proud to be a TITAN today

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I dont like bagging player that are trying their guts out for us and fighting for anew contract but
    WTF its a bite plain and simple I had no problem with the send off as well I was also saying send him off
    But to be honest we player with some much grit today was 1 off our best games as in not giving up
    AJ Kelly Thompson down that left side nearly turned it our way
    I see Young will get the right centre spot again as Glass gets shattered again
    PEACHY FU*K HIM OFF the team he is so overrated and just does silly thing when we are attacking the line
    Rant over I am Proud to be a TITAN today
    Agree with legit all of this very proud of the team today (except still 50/50 on the bite), showed a lot of fight and probably deserved the win but we just continue to be let down by Peachey and in this instance Proctor. I am not saying Peachey directly lost us this game but more so he just gives away penalties/errors every week without fail which is continually puts us on the back foot and really hasn't shown anything to warrant a spot. I'm just happy to see us being competitive and we look exciting going forward so onto next week!

We weren't sharp today but we showed flashes. I was very very happy with Thompson. He gave us so much.

To be 12-12 with 25 to go was impressive and fortunate. But losing Proctor and playing with 12 (with two on the bench) for 25 mins meant it was all over. I was happy it wasn't the blow out I feared. I really wanted to switch off but I was glad to see Holbrook come down to the bench and see us score another try.

We had a couple other close scores in the game too.

The problem with the bite is that its all such a grey area. I would like to see Johnson's arm. But I accept that it is probably a bite. And that Proctor has played his last game for the Titans. Unless he gets resigned. Happy 250th.

In the end we still showed lots of grit and that continues to be recognised.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans skipper Kevin Proctor sent off for biting Shaun Johnson
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

Kevin Proctor may have played his last game in the NRL and despite being bitten by his former Kiwis teammate Shaun Johnson declared “that shouldn’t tarnish his reputation”.

Proctor became the first player sent from the field in premiership history for biting after damning video footage showed the incident clearly. Johnson and Proctor shook hands and the Sharks halfback said they “exchanged (friendly) words”.

“What happens on the field stays on the field,” Johnson said. “I’ve got nothing but love and respect for Kevvie. He has been a terrific player for so long. I know he would be disappointed with how it ended. That shouldn’t tarnish his reputation. That’s all I have to say about it.”

While Johnson said he “doesn’t see the value of taking it any further than what’s happened” there is little doubt Proctor won’t play again this year and being off-contract he faces an uncertain future, in what was his 250th game.

Ex-Bulldogs prop James Graham was whacked with a 12-game ban for biting Billy Slater in the 2012.

“We were both heated in the middle of the game ... whatever happened happened and we’re still mates,” Johnson told Fox League.

“I just spoke to him (after the game), it’s his 250th and I didn’t want this to dampen it.

“He’s been a great player for so long ... nothing but respect for him.

The scores were level at 12-12 before the drama unfolded leading to the Titans leaking three tries in seven minutes. Proctor was carrying the ball and protested Johnson was trying to choke him. Johnson made the Titans pay instantly laying on try to Sione Katoa with their first set with an extra man.

Sharks skipper Wade Graham, who scored soon after, was placed on report for a high tackle on Keegan Hipgrave.

STARTING FAST

The Titans impressed early. They took full advantage of poor defensive reads from Cronulla’s right defensive edge led by winger Ronaldo Mulitalo whose propensity to rush in almost cost his side a handful of times.

The Titans looked sharp through Brian Kelly, Corey Thompson and Ash Taylor. It was Thompson who scored first with a cut out pass from Taylor catching the Sharks short after five minutes.

Ill-discipline both with and without the ball cost the Titans and allowed the Sharks back into the game. The Sharks went close to scoring through Aaron Woods only to be held up by Titans fullback AJ Brimson.

Josh Dugan, who limped from the field with an ankle injury in the second half, scored Cronulla’s first with a traditional try-assist by Wade Graham. The Sharks had the lead midway through the second half when Johnson laid on a try to Siosifa Talakai 12-16.

Kelly's chaotic kick-off fail

The Titans struck back with a solo effort through Jai Arrow with the final play of the first half. Arrow carried through three defenders to score and level the scores.

Proctor had an unhappy game, bombing the first try scoring opportunity of the second half when he fumbled a grubber in the in-goal.

ARROW’S WOES

South Sydney bound lock Jai Arrow may have played his final game for the Titans because of a shoulder injury. Arrow fell awkwardly when being tackled by Cronulla defenders late in the first half, hurting his AC joint and with just six games left in the season scans will dictate if his stint at the Titans is over. The Titans also lost centre Dale Copely early in the second half with a pectoral injury.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

SHARKS vs TITANS highlights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXWAlSvRFRI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regardless your take on the bite issue, I think that was an opportunity lost. In the grand scheme of things this season a win here doesn't change much, but going in to this round I had the feeling both the eels and sharks maybe run out of gas late in their games due to their slog fest in the rain last week. 12-12 at halftime I strongly believed we may have been able to run over the top of them late in the game.

Proctors send-off killed any chance we had. The footage wasn't as clear cut as James Graham on Slater in the GF, but they way Proctor responded, claimed he was being choked and how remorseful he seemed after the game I think he knew he messed up.

Regardless I was really impressed with our effort. With a man advantage the Sharks put on a couple of quick tries and I thought they might put 50 on us, but we fought hard, even scored a try and had a late chance to give them a scare.