FMD NSWRL Cs

Rep Player

You have to be kidding me

Inactive User

He’s been given 4 weeks
    If you bite you either do 12 weeks or not guilty

This is an **** covering exercise by the pricks

BS decision. He should take it further.

I think he got a penalty fitting for the evidence provided. He served part of his penalty by being sent off. Given the previous cases of biting 4 weeks is about what should be expected. Unfortunately the video evidence and the initial reactions from everyone was damning.

What's happened is what's happened and no we need to get our heads into the game this weekend against a team that started very slowly against the Broncos last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think he got a penalty fitting for the evidence provided. He served part of his penalty by being sent off. Given the previous cases of biting 4 weeks is about what should be expected. Unfortunately the video evidence and the initial reactions from everyone was damning.

What's happened is what's happened and no we need to get our heads into the game this weekend against a team that started very slowly against the Broncos last week.
    The voice of reason JB. As things happened on the field I thought it was obvious that he bit him and it was just mates changing stories when things cooled down. Kent wrote a good article in the Tele yesterday and even though he thought he might get off, it didn't read well. Four weeks is right and at the lower end.
    Comments that he had played his last NRL match were ridiculous.

You're probably right, JB. But it's moments like this that one can question why they bother with the game at times with calls like this, regardless where your loyalties lay club-wise.

NRL Officialdom resembles that of the Supercars world where they're making these big calls when they themselves are part of the problem.. They come across as cheap and amateurish quite often.
    Last edited by Toads; 19-08-20 at 08:58 AM.

Rep Player

Couldn’t disagree more, JB. I believe he opened his mouth to breathe while Johnson was actively pushing his arm into it. At no point did he clamp down. Gal, Gus, Freddy, Molan were all of the same view and they’re not usually on our side. Clickbait merchants like Buzz and Kent add nothing of value to the conversation. Moreover, “initial reactions from everyone” should have no bearing on the facts. Police consider eye witnesses unreliable for a reason. I can’t help but feel that KP has been unfairly skewered by an outrage mob in a social media generation desperate for witches to burn.

I don't really care about who is saying what in the league world. Just followed the judicial updates, watched the videos. Guess that's why they have an odd number on a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Couldn’t disagree more, JB. I believe he opened his mouth to breathe while Johnson was actively pushing his arm into it. At no point did he clamp down. Gal, Gus, Freddy, Molan were all of the same view and they’re not usually on our side. Clickbait merchants like Buzz and Kent add nothing of value to the conversation. Moreover, “initial reactions from everyone” should have no bearing on the facts. Police consider eye witnesses unreliable for a reason. I can’t help but feel that KP has been unfairly skewered by an outrage mob in a social media generation desperate for witches to burn.
    You don't get a mark like Johnson had on his arm from just pushing it against a blokes teeth.

Inactive User

Are you blokes saying Proctor is a liar

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You don't get a mark like Johnson had on his arm from just pushing it against a blokes teeth.
    You don’t get a red mark with no teeth indents from being bitten either

First Grader

There was sufficient doubt as to whether Johnson was bitten which should have resulted in Proctor getting the benefit of doubt. I also don’t agree that Proctor should have been sent off where any marks were trivial. This compared to players getting concussed from head high tackles where the perpetrator stays on the field just demonstrates the inconsistency in the NRL where the penalty does not fit the crime.

Junior

NRL was forced to suspend Proctor to defend the referee "integrity" me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Are you blokes saying Proctor is a liar
    I'm saying that he did everything he could to save the rest of his year and possibly career. I watched the video. I agree with the prosecutor that he had ample options to move his head that didn't include his mouth over Johnson's arm. From my point of view Johnson's arm wasn't in Proctors mouth, Proctors mouth was on Shaun's arm. I come to this conclusion because when his mouth separates from Shaun's arm it is Proctor who moves his mouth back to the arm which makes his defense that he can only breath through his mouth nonsensical. Did he clamp down so hard as to tear skin from his body, nope. Did his mouth clamp on his skin, yes, again, video evidence.