Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Henry Penanara is the ref for this game.
    Well we all know how the ref calls are going to go this week

Perenara and Proctor are wantoks maybe that counts for something.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

God I hate Perenara

Hearing about Henry ruined my night.....big game this one though. It's critical we keep up the momentum from the past weeks and keep developing for 2021. Cliche i know but true. Cronulla seem to have a really physical side but after watching last week's game in the wet i hope it's taken a bit out of them. I reckon the key will be shutting down Johnson. Leading in try assists this year but if we can stop his impact similar to the way we targeted morgan in defence last week i reckon fatigue may cause some wrong decisions on his part. Give hipgrave his number and let him off the leash (disciplined tho). Other than that i think we match them.

Game Notes:
    Talakai and Uele seem to run a good unders line and get plenty of post contact metres so it's imperative we're on notice in the middle and not getting lazy on the inside.
    Linespeed need's to stay where it's at, the improvement in that specific area has been unreal. I've noticed that a lot of the little things this year has improved e.g. pressure off the ball, pressure on the kicker, kick chase, work at marker, pushing up in pairs. If we can get those little things right, we'll go a long way.

QLD Cup

Don’t mind the cliche’s BB17 but if you start saying things like “there’s no doubt about that” or “can’t fault the boys effort” (especially if we have just been pumped by 30 points) then I’ll start to lose my sh#t.

We are going to need a big game from Fotuaika and some of our other big middle men if we want to win. We won’t only need them to provide us with good go forward but they will need to work hard to stop those metre eating sharks forwards

I'm actually confident about this game. We always show up against the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I'm actually confident about this game. We always show up against the sharks.
    We lost 40-10 last time. I'm confident regarding improvement.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The 2nd half against Cronulla was a disturbing event

Hate the Sharks second only to the poncing ‘Ponies ... a Gallen and cheating coach hangover perhaps.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    . We have lost our last four games to them and apart from that blowout we have been pretty competitive otherwise with one game going down by a field goal. With improvement I think we have got this one. It feels as though we are up for it under Holbrook.

LeagueUnlimited Sharks v Titans preview https://leagueunlimited.com/news/349...itans-preview/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I reckin if we are close with 15 to go we will win. Last weeks conditions for the Sharks game was atrocious and I can see some tired legs toward the end of the game. I think even the Dragons have a chance against the Eels for the exact same reason

Holbrook issues challenge to Titans
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says it’s one thing to show form, but another to keep it going and that is the challenge for the Gold Coast side against the Sharks this weekend.

After strong performances, albeit in losing results against the Panthers and Roosters, the Titans put on a dominant display at Cbus Super Stadium in Round 13 to defeat the North Queensland Cowboys 30 points to 10.

“We’ve been playing well the last few weeks and we’ve got to keep going that way and put in a good performance against the Sharks,” Holbrook said.

The same side is expected to line up again for the Titans, with players pulling up well during the week of training.

“Everyone should be right.

“There are a couple of guys with niggles but that is standard but hopefully we can go in as named against a dangerous Sharks opposition.”

The return of AJ Brimson in the fullback jumped has sparked the Titans attack, but Holbrook says it is about the spine now getting to play a run of games together for them to really gel.

“Ash and Jamal have got a few games under their belt now.

“Corey (Thompson) filled in for us really well at fullback but AJ is probably our best player to be honest with you so to have him back and to have those two halves working with him that’s the strength of every side isn’t it – the spine and how they play.”

The Titans take on the Sharks at 3pm on Saturday with the game to be played at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Sydney.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sami is out, Thompson in for him