Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Wholesome, you say? We have a little one due end of the year and this is how she told me.

Attachment 786
    Congratulations mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice after 14 seasons If the fans had a song to sing too
    I think I’m in the minority on this. I think a team song is something that you either have embedded from last century, or you don’t and that’s ok.

Potential to be very cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

Wholesome, you say? We have a little one due end of the year and this is how she told me.

Attachment 786
    Ayyy congrats man! That’s peak wholesome. Love it.

Great first half as said then we put the cue back in the rack. Sami should be dropped imo. If we are going to keep moving forward then complacency and mistakes need to be paid for. AJ was fantastic, Kelly and KP too. KP deserves a one year extension as he seems only to play his heart out when his contract t is on the line. Team is showing a lot better shape and we are happy to move the ball around early. Dons defence is terrible but he some how makes up for some crazy eluding runs. I have no idea how he does it. Only thing I hate is when he is on the outside of his opposite you know he’s not going to beat him. He has to cut back in.

Happy days for the win. Let’s keep it up.

On a personal note great to see Emery Pere make his debut for NQ. Congratulations to him.

Inactive User

Attachment 786
    Good Luck. Hope it goes gloriously well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d drop Sami too. Firstly he was way too flat for that pass just after halftime that went over the sideline.
    Then that ridiculous play that saw the Cowboys score.
    It gave them a sniff.
    He should have a think about that for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Good Luck. Hope it goes gloriously well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d drop Sami too. Firstly he was way too flat for that pass just after halftime that went over the sideline.
    Then that ridiculous play that saw the Cowboys score.
    It gave them a sniff.
    He should have a think about that for a week.
    I felt bad for him in the first half because if Kelly had of passed the ball a couple,of times he was in a better position to score. Second half when Kelly eventuLly does pass he’s too flat. All I could think was that was the irony he was laughing about. Still he hasn’t set the world on fire and that in goal clearance was terrible.

Would've been nice to go on with it and hit a massive score but can't be upset with a 20 point win nonetheless. That first half was one of the best performances for the club in the last 10 years. Yes the Cows were awful and made a ton of errors but it was good to see us take advantage and glue a big lead together. Some notes:

-It's amazing how big of a difference having a proper fullback makes. We have looked incredible with AJ at the back again with backlines looking much sharper and his speed around the middle gives us another option in attack.

-Brian Kelly is possibly the most important player in our side. He is such a threat with the ball in hand and is so deceptively strong. I might be biased but I think if Holbrook can sort out his defensive issues, Kelly can be one of the best centres in the game. He has all of the skills required.

-Our starting pack was immense. MoFo 190m, Joliffe 171m and Arrow 163m. Huge metres and a huge reason why we went on to win today. Having that much go forward makes it so much easier on Fogs, Ash and Brimmo to create some points. Add Fifita, Ese'ese and Tino to that and wowwwww we have the recipe for success

-Holbrook is a bloody champion and I love what he is doing but my only criticism is his handling of the rotations in relation to our pack. MoFo only got 44 minutes today and you can tell the difference when he is off. We need to be having him out there for at least 55-60 minutes instead of having Wallace and Lisone out there for so long. You can tell they are puffing their guts out and by the time Holbrook makes the change, it is too late and we usually concede.

But all in all what a great day for us Titans fans and let's hope we keep building on it

Many of us might have been worried about that 3 game stretch of Storm, Roosters and Panthers embarrassing us, but it has instead steeled us and fuelled some self belief and trust in each other and the coaching.

Have never seen Proctor so committed and willing, and the pack was right behind him. Can’t recall our forwards running so quickly into the line.

BK and AJ need not be spoken about. Stellar.

Fogarty and Ash seem to have some better shapes to work with, and taking that try off of Ash was cruel, he both deserved and needed it. I think if there was any doubt it’s now clear Fogarty is our on field general and I’m fine with that.

only person who didn’t play well today was Peachey. His ambling and circling runs did nothing all day. He will quickly fall out of this team as everyone else develops past him.

praise be to Holbrook. his fingerprints are more visible game after game.

I’ll start with this ... I think our newest Titan should be from here on aka Difita (see what I did there ).

@willhelm ... wholesome indeed ... congrats on the impending Willhelm II (for those old enough see what I did there).

@JB ... couldn’t agree more ... Don’s elbow hits the ground but that’s ok ... double standard ... it’s not forgotten.

On the game: hard to be too critical so I’ll just comment that Peats once again is showing his true colours and how well do we function with a fit Copley (pity about Don). AJ adds so much more ... hat off to Coach Holbrook.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The only thing I find strange with Holbrook and not a criticism, is that he makes changes at half time. I noticed last home game and this game that Wallace comes on at the start of the second half. Normally with a 10 minute (15 whatever) break at half time the forwards are rested enough to go for another 10 or so minutes. Just seems to me to be a waste of an interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I felt bad for him in the first half because if Kelly had of passed the ball a couple,of times he was in a better position to score. Second half when Kelly eventuLly does pass he’s too flat. All I could think was that was the irony he was laughing about. Still he hasn’t set the world on fire and that in goal clearance was terrible.
    Yep there were a few times during the game where Sami was in open space but Kelly refused to pass the ball to him. Yes he made a couple of errors but calling for him to be dropped is a bit harsh.

Attachment 786
    Congratulations mate.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think Jolliffe is our best buy this year the way he been standing up next to Mofo is fantastic
    great game happy with all player but wish Peachy would get dropped for a game or 2 might wake him up

Remiss of me not to mention Peats earlier.

at the right price he can be a great defensive hooker who keeps our middle tight and the line speed up.

he has been good since coming back and hope he gets the chance to work with our beast pack next year

Titans officially best team in Queensland after taking down Cowboys
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

We didn’t see that coming! Perennial strugglers the Gold Coast Titans are officially the top-ranked Queensland team in the NRL after taking down the North Queensland Cowboys.

The Titans are brimming with confidence following their dominant 30-10 win over the Cowboys to become Queensland’s best NRL team in the competition.

After nearly toppling the defending premiers last week, the Gold Coast were all class to end a 10-game losing streak against their Sunshine State rivals at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook – in just his first year as head coach – has turned his side into the best Queensland NRL club so far this year, despite the bar being set quite low.

“Obviously as Queensland teams we’re not performing well but it is good to be the top Queensland side, that’s for sure,” Holbrook said.

“We do want to get more wins and we do want to keep going now. We’re playing good and getting better.”

Cowboys coach Josh Hannay said it was difficult to watch his side’s performance.

“It was a real step backwards for us,” Hannay said.

“I thought the first half was really poor. They did the jersey and the club a disservice with some of the football that was put out there.

“Titans deserve a lot of credit.

“We were our own worst enemy in that first half particularly.

“When we look at this performance on Tuesday, we can’t sugarcoat it and we have to be really honest.

“It was hard to watch that first half.”

The Titans were allowed to score five consecutive tries to take a 24-0 lead after just 43 minutes on the back of a dynamic AJ Brimson performance.

North Queensland’s incoming coach will need to address their defensive woes if they are to be any premiership threat next year.

COWBOYS DEFENSIVE WOES CONTINUE

North Queensland now boast their worst defensive effort in more than a decade, having now conceded more than 22 points in five straight games for the first time since 2010.

Their defence has let them down so far this season with the second-worst points against (343) stat in the NRL.

Only the bumbling Broncos have a worse record for points against (401) so far in 2020.

The Cowboys trailed by 20 points by the end of the first half – their worst ever halftime deficit to the Titans – and things hardly improved in the second stanza when the Gold Coast extended their lead through Brian Kelly.

CAPTAIN MORGAN RETURNS

Michael Morgan’s return to the NRL was always going to be rusty – coming off a four-month break after having shoulder surgery.

The skipper fell off two crucial tackles in the first half, which both led to Gold Coast tries, and a kick out on the full in the second half ended the Cowboys’ momentum.

“It’s a week he’ll never forget after the birth of his first child,” Hannay said.

“He’s his harshest critic and he’s in there pretty disappointed with some of the involvements he had.

“There was a bit of rust there and that was to be expected.

“A lot of his errors came from trying to do something, if you like.”

KEVIN’S HEAVEN

Gold Coast skipper Kevin Proctor had a field day in front of his home crowd.

The backrower was pivotal to his side’s 20-point victory after finishing the match with a try, two try assists, two tackle busts and 26 tackles.

His determination to bat back a grubber kick from well behind the deadball line for Brian Kelly to score in the 43rd minute epitomised the Titans’ effort all afternoon.

PROCTOR EYES NEW DEAL
    — Chris Honnery

Titans captain Kevin Proctor has declared his desire to remain at the club next year as speculation continues to grow around his future.

Off-contract at the end of the year, Proctor faces an uncertain future with a plethora of talented young forwards including David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui en route to the Gold Coast from 2021.

Proctor put on one of his best performances all season against the Cowboys on Sunday, finishing the match with two try assists, a try and 26 tackles.

The Kiwi international said he saw a bright future for the club and wanted to remain to enjoy the good times ahead.

“Obviously I would like to stay here,” he said.

“I just like where the Titans are going and where we’re heading at the moment.

“I suppose being here when the times weren’t real good, I’d like to be here when the times are good.

“We’re heading in the right direction with Justin (Holbrook) and Mal (Meninga) doing his thing.”

Holbrook said he had been impressed with his captain’s performance from the past few weeks.

“He’s fantastic,” Holbrook said.

“He’s been great since he came back a couple weeks ago.

“KP has been great for our club a long time and there’s a heap of things that go into the recruitment.

“We’ll see what happens with that.

“The way he’s playing is what I’m loving.

“I’m loving how much he’s competing for everything.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Monday's front of sport page of GCB.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER