Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Great news. The Kelly “passing off the ground” leading to the Fogarty try wasn’t even bought up in Annesleys weekly “this is how the refs stuffed up this week” briefing. I’ve lost patience with the NRLs incompetence.
    I'm happy with it being a no try. Arm hit the ground, awesome, tackle complete.

But what happens when a tackle is complete and someone gets up and tries to keep running? They usually blow the whistle and send them back to play the ball. I think the penalty against us was way too harsh, given he was about to be pulled in to touch after the tackle complete. Either Kelly play the ball, or our penalty, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I'm happy with it being a no try. Arm hit the ground, awesome, tackle complete.

But what happens when a tackle is complete and someone gets up and tries to keep running? They usually blow the whistle and send them back to play the ball. I think the penalty against us was way too harsh, given he was about to be pulled in to touch after the tackle complete. Either Kelly play the ball, or our penalty, IMO.
    So the tackle had stopped? No momentum or continuation of the tackle from the roosters? Not the way I remember it. If the tackle is over when the ball playing arm hits the ground then that makes it easier when deciding tries close to the line as momentum has nothing to do with anything.

Inactive User

That try taken off us with the penalty against Kelly was a total Stitch up and then it was compounded by a Roosters try that had a forward pass and a knock on in the lead up AND let’s not forget the bizarre sin bin to Kelly and that Hipgrave/Tedesco both committed the same offence but we were the only ones binned.

We were robbed.

I Could do a rant now about Annesley but it would result in the same nut that’s now created by last count 4 trolling accounts in reaction to criticism I make against GRAHAM creating a 5th one. Bugger that.

So the tackle had stopped? No momentum or continuation of the tackle from the roosters? Not the way I remember it. If the tackle is over when the ball playing arm hits the ground then that makes it easier when deciding tries close to the line as momentum has nothing to do with anything.
    There was definitely continuation by the roosters and had Kelly not offloaded, he would have gone in to touch and we would have lost possession. And had we not scored in that play, or would have been play on.

Either Kelly goes back and plays the ball, give the try or penalty against the roosters for continuing on after a tackle is complete. Penalty against us was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    There was definitely continuation by the roosters and had Kelly not offloaded, he would have gone in to touch and we would have lost possession. And had we not scored in that play, or would have been play on.

Either Kelly goes back and plays the ball, give the try or penalty against the roosters for continuing on after a tackle is complete. Penalty against us was a joke.
    Just to add to it, at no time was Held called on the field either. SO to go back to that point to judge the try is a joke. The NRL is losing fans hand over fist. People used to watch multiple games a week, now people barely tune in to watch their own team. How many times do you hear " I turned it off at half time." How are punters supposed to have a bet when the outcome these days is decided by a ref not the team. We won that game and no one is upset or even talking about it because we are the "lowly" Titans and we shouldn't have won.

Just to add to it, at no time was Held called on the field either. SO to go back to that point to judge the try is a joke. The NRL is losing fans hand over fist. People used to watch multiple games a week, now people barely tune in to watch their own team. How many times do you hear " I turned it off at half time." How are punters supposed to have a bet when the outcome these days is decided by a ref not the team. We won that game and no one is upset or even talking about it because we are the "lowly" Titans and we shouldn't have won.
    Totally agree with you.. I watched the replay of the game and there was no held and they were still pulling him towards the try line.. it was a lose lose situation for us.. if it was the broncos or some bigger club it would of been all over the media.. the refs are killing the game and that should of been a common sense call.. they could obviously see he was getting taken out and tackle was no complete

QLD Cup

JB your post is bang on the money. Adding to what you said, I re-watched the game today and when Kelly’s yellow card was given Henry P clearing stated to the Roosters that there was other players in the vicinity so it wasn’t a professional fowl. Then the decision is over turned by the people upstairs with no consultation with the on field ref. The bunker saw an opportunity to punish us and they took it.

I’m not as upset about the forward pass ruling because that was purely a case of the touch judge being completely out of position. She was 5 min behind the play so couldn’t actually tell from her angle if it was forward or not. I’m not saying that it is acceptable because it’s not but that was a genuine mistake in my opinion whereas the other two calls (the yellow and non yellow card) were decisions made by compromised referees.

These rigged decisions hurt us in so many ways other than just on the scoreboard. That try that Fogarty scored would be on every highlight reel this week. Taylor did some really impressive work in the build up where he sliced through the defence. I remember back to last year when Peachey scores one of the try’s of the season when AJ received the ball on his own goal line, beat 3 or 4 defenders before giving it to Peachey to score under the posts. Then the bunker ruled that Sami interferes with a player chasing Peachey and they call it back for a penalty. In that case Sami retaliated to the interference he received and that player so so far from catching Peachey that it should have been irrelevant. He were robbed of our highlights package and that play was never spoken about again.

The problem is that I can’t see it ever changing. After Kelly’s yellow card the commentators only wanted to talk about Proctors croaky voice. It’s intertwined in every game now right through the refs, commentators and media. The only positive about the whole situation is we now have a coach that is prepared to call them out on it.

Inactive User

We were robbed as we always are by the NSW Referees and Bunker and the media simply don’t give a stuff