Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    QLD Cup

How many 6 again by Peachy?

This ref has been pure dog**** this entire game

Well we didn’t get flogged and that can happen when we play panthers. Feels weird to have nothing bad to say about JWal too

I'm sick to death of our team getting dudded by these corrupt refs, how many games are they going to cost us

Inactive User

Referee and Bunker
    Sydney cheats

Peachey should **** off with Boyd and Cartwright.

I like Sami overall but I think he should be dropped for spry I till he learns how to run hard and straight, same with don but he always seems to score or make things happen so he gets a pass till we get better wingers. We are so terrible at coming out of our own end, always play so deep and turn the ball over way to much

Taylor and Fogarty’s decision making late in the game was woeful.
    Was impressed with JWall today.

Junior

DUBIOUS CALL HELPS PANTHERS TO BEST SEASON START EVER.... couriermail subscriber only
    Last edited by timor 2; 26-07-20 at 06:14 PM.

Home dry and warm. Not disappointed with that effort at all. Couple of bad calls and stupid errors but we had a red hot crack. Watching the game this afternoon has made me think the fifita signing is an absolute winner. We really lacked an x factor in the second half when pushing for points. Where was that player that can bust the line or put a play on. Unfortunately our halves didn't deliver today, but all I am seeing is improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Home dry and warm. Not disappointed with that effort at all. Couple of bad calls and stupid errors but we had a red hot crack. Watching the game this afternoon has made me think the fifita signing is an absolute winner. We really lacked an x factor in the second half when pushing for points. Where was that player that can bust the line or put a play on. Unfortunately our halves didn't deliver today, but all I am seeing is improvement.
    Yep if we had aj, Fifita and Tino I think we win that game, but then of course you add kikau and korisau and we may have gotten flogged, I will say it was good to see us stay competitive for the whole 80 and not let the scoreline blow out

Obviously hasn't been exceptionally much here but gees on FB there is way too much ATay bashing. Our forwards got monstered with JWall and Arrow topping with 92 and 84m respectively. For perspective the Panthers forwards nearly all managed well over 100m. A couple end of sets at the end of game were poor but that started with the service half the time as well.

Inactive User

Was a good effort By us.
    Was a fantastic effort for the Riff by the referees, touch judges and the bunker boys. It’s just disgraceful what we put up with.
    This Coach and his staff I totally believe in.
    Gotta hang in there and stay healthy as it will turn in the next couple of years.

Controversial call helps Panthers to best season start ever

A controversial try in the dying stages killed off any chance of a miraculous Titans win and saw the Panthers notch their best start in the club history.

Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    July 26, 2020 6:12pm

Even without their strike weapons, Penrith proved they are the real deal after they managed to scrap a tough 22-14 win over the Titans in a wet weather affair on the Gold Coast on Sunday.

Down-and-out on troops, including Viliame Kikau and Dylan Edwards, the Panthers survived a second half surge by the Titans to make it six straight wins and a spot on top of the premiership ladder.

A day after the club snared the signature of boom backrower David Fifita, the Titans seemed to have a renewed sense of vigour after threatening to down the red-hot Penrith side.

Trailing two points at halftime, the Gold Coast looked as if they were about to topple the ladder leaders.

But a controversial try to winger Malakai Watene-Zelezniak in the 61st minute helped Penrith to their best start to a competition in club history.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary was left buoyed by the tough win given he was in charge of the most inexperienced side he’s ever coached.

“We came here with a pretty different-looking side,” Cleary side.

“Today was always going to be a test of our systems and our culture.

“People went into certain spots and got the job done so that was a bit of a test and I think we passed that today.

“It wasn’t our best, but you take a hooker out, a fullback, a strike backrower, one of the centres in one week, it’s not going to work as cleanly as other weeks.”

Watene-Zelezniak’s 61st minute try was thought to be forward by players, fans and commentators alike, however the on-field referee awarded the four-pointer.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook admitted there had been calls go against his side but said it was a learning curve for the club moving forward.

“There wasn’t much in the second half,” Holbrook said.

“We played with nothing going our way (but) we need to be better.

“I thought we competed hard for the whole game but it was just our end of sets needed to be better.

“It tells us we were better than last week but we also need to be better next week.

“We’re learning how to play.”

The Titans seemed all but out of the match in the first half, with a horrid 39 per cent possession, 76 per cent completion rate and 50 more tackles than the opposition.

But incredibly, they managed to trail just 16-14 at halftime.

A storm warning and shower during the break seemed to refresh the home side who came roaring out of the sheds, with a 100 per cent completion rate and zero errors in the third quarter of the game.

It’s Penrith’s best start in the club’s history after 11 rounds and jumped them to the top of the ladder.

The eight point victory was made even sweeter considering the experience of the Penrith pack.

The visitors fielded the most inexperienced NRL side of the weekend, in terms of games-played, with their starting 17 boasting a total 968 games between them.

Caleb Aekins played his first game in six weeks, replacing injured Penrith fullback Dylan Edwards (hamstring) in the No.1 jersey.

Penrith’s lethal left edge also continued its dominance, now boasting 23 of the Panthers 45 tries of the season.

The big boys can’t come soon enough for the Titans who were monstered through the middle by Penrith on Sunday.

With the likes of Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Herman Ese’ese and now David Fifita set to join the club next season, Gold Coast’s engine room will undergo a much-needed tune up.

The starting Gold Coast forward pack finished the first half with just 165 running metres between the five of them while Penrith’s James Tamou (110m) almost matched them alone.

Young halfback Jamal Fogarty is also showing signs of a bright future with the 26-year-old starring for the home side, including a miraculous 95 metre runaway try.

First Grader

Being at the game, the 6 again rule is really frustrating. Its nearly impossible to know why they call it.

We didn't deserve to win that but wow I felt that ref was calling against us there. Like he expected the panthers to be the better team in his head so all 50/50 calls went their way.

Mansor got smashed in a fair tackle. Got up and played the ball slowly then he blows a penalty against us for offside. They were standing there for about 5 seconds waiting to go as he took forever to play the ball. Was a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

The starting Gold Coast forward pack finished the first half with just 165 running metres between the five of them while Penrith’s James Tamou (110m) almost matched them alone.

My God that is embarrassing