Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

If Copley and Kelly are available then team selection will be very interesting.
    Got the impression from the match report that Hipgrave is expected to be able to play.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Peats gets the nod at starting Hooker this week too.

QLD Cup

I think with Fogarty stepping up and starting to settle into his role it would make sense to bring Peats back. I haven't been impressed with Clarke at all. He's nuggety but that's about it. A simplified game plan would help Peats.

I'd like to see Spry moved to right centre also. It is his natural side and I think he could form a decent combination with Don during this period. They are both tall players so it would further strengthen that ride side kicking option.

Is it only me or is Spry carrying a lot of bulk?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Always has had that body shape mate to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is it only me or is Spry carrying a lot of bulk?

He looks similar built as Latrell to me.. big winger

I think the biggest positive to our chances of beating the storm is also the biggest negative. Last week the storm were sloppy and a long way from their best, if they continue that into this week it would be great for our chances but the storm always find a way to play amazing following a mediocre game.

Inactive User

Our odds have blown out from $7 to $8
    A famous GC win coming up this week.

I like the lineup. Fermor starting on that left edge. Carty out altogether. Sami getting a start at centre. BK back. Will wait for JB to post it all pretty n nice

Kelly back at 3 and Sami at 4. Fermor and Hipgrave 2nd rows, Stone out of the 17 and Cartwright out of the 21 altogether, I'm assuming dropped for that offload. Not sure how Sami will do at centre but other than that really like the side.

Spry at centre with Sami on the wing could've worked too

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I like the lineup. Fermor starting on that left edge. Carty out altogether. Sami getting a start at centre. BK back. Will wait for JB to post it all pretty n nice

Rep Player

Don’t understand the Sami/Spry positioning. Spry plays right centre in QCup so why not just play him there instead of playing both him and Sami out of position?

Would’ve liked to have seen Peats in for Clark too. Not very impressed with Clark so far. He has heart but no head.

With the exception of Wallace (for obvious reasons) and Spry (due to better injured talent) I don’t think we can field a better team.

Add Rein to that lost too.

With the amount of defensive responsibility a centre has, and with no ISC to put training systems into practice week in week out, I wouldn’t be throwing a one gamer like Spry at centre just yet. Especially against Melbourne.

Yeah agreed and he doesn't quite look fit enough to handle defending in the centres yet. HS do you have any idea if Sami has played much centre before, or how you think he'll go there? Feel like his attack will be good but a bit nervous for his defence.
    Last edited by Titslover; 14-07-20 at 03:28 PM.