Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Inactive User

I want to revel in the Drongoes misery but I can’t because our blokes have to spoil it by being utter rubbish tonight too

Due to work stuff I won't see the game until later tonight. I know i'm going to have to steel myself for the inevitable nightmares and have left instructions for all sharp objects to be hidden but WTF that's what being a Titans supporter means.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That was frustrating to watch. But I stuck in there. Much more competitive in the first half. Most of our players not NRL standard tonight.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

STORM v TITANS highlights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xD9vrjYGu0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A few points for me is that as soon as NAS and Tino came on it was a complete moment and energy swing to the Storm. Having those two big mobile bodies hurt is big time. NAS and Tino only did what they would normally do and and line up and run at the smallest players and close to the line any small player is cannon fodder. This point shows what we lack and what we need to improve on which will be next year when Tino gets here.

The other point is I feel that we need a large outside back or strike back.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    A few points for me is that as soon as NAS and Tino came on it was a complete moment and energy swing to the Storm. Having those two big mobile bodies hurt is big time. NAS and Tino only did what they would normally do and and line up and run at the smallest players and close to the line any small player is cannon fodder. This point shows what we lack and what we need to improve on which will be next year when Tino gets here.

The other point is I feel that we need a large outside back or strike back.
    Yep 100% correct. Smith just tore us apart with those short balls at the line.

I wanted Oates for that big body winger but looks like his career may be over with that compound fracture he picked up last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Pretty angry with that performance. Too many errors. Looked like we lost interest with 5 to go. Pushed too many passes. Also tired of watching our wingers rush up in D on our line and the opposition scores. Don did it once last week and did it again this week. Kelly and Peachey were really poor. I wonder with Hipgrave that he got a head knock which effected him ? He was really off his game tonight?? But errors with dropped ball is really unacceptable at this level. Boyd crowds the play the ball and needs to give room so that he doesn’t rush. He has done it the past few weeks.
    Don rushing in was actually the correct thing to to in the defensive system - he’s just reacting to what the centre is doing. That instance was terrible defensive cohesion from Sami & co inside him.

All in all we got smashed by a really good football team and taught a lesson on how far away we are. Next week against Penrith could be a tough watch with Kikau opposite Hipgrave. Can’t believe I’m saying this but is Proctor any chance of returning?

It’s not unusual to hear NFL commentators use the phrase “short field” when referencing the situation where a team turns over the ball giving good field position to their opponents - emphasising the fact that the team with the ball now only has to make short yardage to register points.

While I didn’t think we were much of a chance of causing the upset last night, we gave the Storm way too many short fields to have any chance of being competitive. Of the Storm’s seven tries, the first five were all from short fields:
    - Kelly lost ball 21m out;
    - Fogarty dropped pass 19m out;
    - Fermor lost ball 43m out;
    - Fermor stripped 45m out; and
    - Boyd lost ball 49m out.
    The first three were scored on the set after the turnover, the last two had one repeat set (didn’t clean up a kick on last, conceded a penalty).

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    It’s not unusual to hear NFL commentators use the phrase “short field” when referencing the situation where a team turns over the ball giving good field position to their opponents - emphasising the fact that the team with the ball now only has to make short yardage to register points.

While I didn’t think we were much of a chance of causing the upset last night, we gave the Storm way too many short fields to have any chance of being competitive. Of the Storm’s seven tries, the first five were all from short fields:
    - Kelly lost ball 21m out;
    - Fogarty dropped pass 19m out;
    - Fermor lost ball 43m out;
    - Fermor stripped 45m out; and
    - Boyd lost ball 49m out.
    The first three were scored on the set after the turnover, the last two had one repeat set (didn’t clean up a kick on last, conceded a penalty).
    Exactly right Numbers.
    I call that not getting into the arm wrestle and not respecting possession of the ball. If we can’t do that then we will lose by quite a margin against all comers.

First Grader

To be honest the first 25mins I thought wow we deadset came to play.

Then we just lost the ball so many times it was a joke. Im certain the storm were actively trying to strip the ball all the time in the hope that after 3 or 4 penalties against them the ref would start to say we were just losing it.

Frustrating night but there was glimmers of what the future could hold in those first 20 mins

It was interesting to see the reaction in the pressers from seibold and Holbrook last night. Holbrook's outlook was a lesson learned and he also called out Taylor for kicking it dead twice. I also loved his response to " where to now?" And he immediately replied "to beat Penrith." Loved it.
    Seibold on the other hand looked completely broken and had no real response to the situation they were in.
    Guess I'm trying to say that I rate Holbrook a lot and I'm confident the boys will improve next week. It's a process lads.

It's just so frustrating that it's our own silly errors in our own half that's killing us. I do rate Holbrook as a coach though and you can see were slowly improving but it much you can really do straight away till we get rid of some of the dead wood. We really need some big outside backs, we are terrible becoming out of our own end and if it's a coaching plan to shift the ball side to side all the time coming out of our own end I think it needs to stop or we'll just keep dropping the ball and getting. Flogged, that's the one thing I don't like that Holbrook seems to have done with the tactics

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yep 100% correct. Smith just tore us apart with those short balls at the line.

I wanted Oates for that big body winger but looks like his career may be over with that compound fracture he picked up last night...
    Looks like Oates has been cleared of a fractured femur. It was a large bruise and deep laceration. Should be back in three weeks. So thankfully his career isn’t over.

First Grader

I do rate Holbrook but we are going sideways far too much before we go forward. Also I would like Holbrook concentrate on developing a harder edge in our team. We just don’t win any of the collisions which is why we are getting murdered in the middle. Madge has continued to change the mindset of the Tigers which overall is a fairly average team but their intensity and dominating the ruck and collisions against the Drongoes is something I wish Holbrook concentrated on rather than looking pretty moving the ball sideways which is not getting us anywhere