Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a sad line up if ever I saw one. Surely we are better to name centres as centres over second rowers.

Spry is literally listed as a centre on our website. Pere and Seiuli don’t care what stage they’re at. If healthy then play one of them and move Cartwright back to the 21.

Could name a better 18-21 to cover as well. Peats to cover Boyd I guess. But Tyrone and Jai could be more strategic.
    Fairly sure Pere & Seiuli are both development players, meaning they are ineligible.

Plus - neither are remotely ready to play centre at NRL level, Seiuli defensively and Kea in general

Inactive User

GL played in the Centres in the NYC days didn’t he???
    The way I Remember it was BK wing and GL centres back then.

I also Remember that GL’s defence infuriated me back then too.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 07-07-20 at 05:15 PM.

Immortal

He spent time in the centres, on the wing and at fullback mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    GL played in the Centres in the NYC days didn’t he???
    The way I Remember it was BK wing and GL centres back then.

I also Remember that GL’s defence infuriated me back then too.

Holbrook is starting to worry me.....I don’t like forwards in the backs. Moving Thompson last week.......just a few strange things happening

At least Thompson is where he should be. If the Warriors have an on day we will get slaughtered. What a frightful looking side. Clark back in the starting side - even Peats wasn't that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    They are selling tickets to the game Now, has anyone heard once nominating for the warriors game what seats you guys have?
    No. My email reply just said that we would be advised by Friday.

It's a sad looking side but I'm not at all surprised. Our casualty ward is horrendous, and heads must roll as to what's going on as far as that is concerned.

At least Roberts has already been dropped lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Fairly sure Pere & Seiuli are both development players, meaning they are ineligible.

Plus - neither are remotely ready to play centre at NRL level, Seiuli defensively and Kea in general
    If they’re not eligible then so be it. If they are then we know what Cartwright gives us in the centre’s so nothing to lose imo.

I still would have thought having two centres playing centre rather than second rowers would give us a better look. Spry and Peachey then GL promoted to wing. Fermour for stone. Cartwright to the bench if at all.

Yea I don't get fermor or Carty in the centers, our defence is already terrible and those two aren't going to improve our edge defence at center they will only stifle our attack, I'd rather see another young guy like gl, pere, or seuli given ago. Of their only on development deals surely we could be given special dispensation to play them given our injury toll. Also anyone know where presto jnrs at in regards to playing NRL, he's on a development deal to isn't he? I remember he played good in the trials

Rep Player

Warriors tend to win through their strong backline. I suspect the selections this week are intended to counter that with the troops we have available. GL would get slaughtered by Maumalo and Fusitua so not a good time to debut him, especially with Spry already on debut. Expect the game plan to involve winning through the middle. Looking forward to big games from Mo and Arrow. Surprised we're playing Clark over Peats though. Surely Peats hasn't dropped off that badly.

Immortal

Jayden Campbell is on a three year deal but this year is a Rookie deal not an NRL Development deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Yea I don't get fermor or Carty in the centers, our defence is already terrible and those two aren't going to improve our edge defence at center they will only stifle our attack, I'd rather see another young guy like gl, pere, or seuli given ago. Of their only on development deals surely we could be given special dispensation to play them given our injury toll. Also anyone know where presto jnrs at in regards to playing NRL, he's on a development deal to isn't he? I remember he played good in the trials

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If they’re not eligible then so be it. If they are then we know what Cartwright gives us in the centre’s so nothing to lose imo.

I still would have thought having two centres playing centre rather than second rowers would give us a better look. Spry and Peachey then GL promoted to wing. Fermour for stone. Cartwright to the bench if at all.
    Yeah I do agree with that. Spry has spent a lot of time in ISC at centre.

I am going to refrain from bagging the selections ... there is not much else I would tinker with and the calling for more debutants in a side that has lots of rookies doesn't tweak my beak. Roberts out is just gold and for that reason alone I think that Holbrook has justified his reputation. In a game where size has always beaten us I think we don't look too bad. Stone is a bit lucky but I think he was due a game on rotation so I'm not too surprised.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

NS
    Cheapie bible: Treymain Spry to make Gold Coast Titans NRL debut
    Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
    July 8, 2020 8:54am
    Subscriber only
    The Gold Coast will debut talented junior Maroons star Treymain Spry this weekend as they turn to their department of youth for Friday’s clash against the New Zealand Warriors.

The highly regarded 20-year-old has been a shining star in the junior Queensland competitions for the past few seasons, having represented the Maroons at both the U18 and U20 levels.

The Ipswich product will make his NRL debut on the wing this weekend, with Tyrone Roberts dropping out of the side and Corey Thompson named at fullback.

Dubbed a genetic freak, Spry has been a standout with Titans feeder club Tweed Heads and his two-try haul against the Sharks in a scrimmage match last week impressed his coaching staff enough to earn a starting spot this week.

Upon his arrival on the Gold Coast at the start of 2019, Spry smashed four gym records during the pre-season and has earned comparisons with South Sydney star Latrell Mitchell.

Coach Justin Holbrook has reshuffled his pack following last week’s disappointing loss to Cronulla, with impressive debutant Beau Fermor being named in the centres.

The Titans are looking to halt a confident Warriors squad, riding high on last week’s win against the bumbling Brisbane Broncos and buoyed by the return of fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Exciting youngster Beau Fermor will start in the centre for the Titans
    Exciting youngster Beau Fermor will start in the centre for the Titans.

Gold Coast utility Erin Clark will be out to upset some of his old teammates this weekend when he takes on, for the first time, the club for whom he made his NRL debut in round two in 2017.

The 22-year-old has been handed the starting hooking role for Friday’s game, replacing Mitch Rein who has been sidelined with a leg injury.

After taking some time off away from the game, the Kiwi product has now returned to the NRL – albeit in Gold Coast colours – and has become a handy pick-up for the Titans.

In just his five appearances for the club this year, Clark has averaged 31 running metres per game from dummy half and 28.6 tackles.

“I’m still building confidence at this level,” Clark said.

“I’m still learning and getting used to the game.

“I’ve still got a lot to learn.

https://twitter.com/cmail_sport/stat...911287296?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

I really hope spry and fermor turn into something special for us. We need some local juniors to really kick on, along with some astute pickups to begin this turn around.

Inactive User

That’s right we have a game this week
    If we are going to avoid the wooden spoon this year we need to lift and win this week.