Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Spry is definately not small

Inactive User

We are in a deep hole. Injury riddled epically and a bloke who’s already said he’s pissing off as the Captain.

Nonetheless, if they bring the effort and passion then this lineup at the very least will be a much better defensive outfit than last Saturday’s 17. A lot less defensive liability’s in this 17.
    That’s what I’ll look forward to this week.
    Passion and pride in the jumper.

GL is not a centre by any stretch, let’s just make that clear

On the other hand that centre pairing has a taste of John Cartwright circa 2012 about it. Do we have any other healthy centres, though?

I would’ve thought Spry centre, GL wing and Cartwright 2nd row would make sense. But i guess he doesn’t want GL against their wingers

I’ve heard some pretty big wraps on Spry but nothing you don’t hear about almost every young winger coming through the ranks. You know the all the Greg Inglis comparisons and stuff. I haven’t watched any of him though. Can someone who has watched him play please tell me what you think of his game and how he plays

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IzmavX8I3nB7kx

Theres a few highlights of him in this link HS posted yesterday, he actually does look like GI to be fair haha, always looks like hes in second gear when he makes a linebreak

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IzmavX8I3nB7kx

Theres a few highlights of him in this link HS posted yesterday, he actually does look like GI to be fair haha, always looks like hes in second gear when he makes a linebreak
    Thanks, he looks like he is a good player. And it looks like he has wheels. Doesn’t seem like he has played wing before. I am sort of half expecting a late switch that includes Fermor back to the second row.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a sad line up if ever I saw one. Surely we are better to name centres as centres over second rowers.

Spry is literally listed as a centre on our website. Pere and Seiuli don’t care what stage they’re at. If healthy then play one of them and move Cartwright back to the 21.

Could name a better 18-21 to cover as well. Peats to cover Boyd I guess. But Tyrone and Jai could be more strategic.

I like what Holbrook is doing. Searching for the most mobile pack he can get. I like stone, the only issue I have is Wallace. Surely he can go now. At least we are getting to see some players from the emerging squad. What position does GL play?

Immortal

GL is a right winger mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I like what Holbrook is doing. Searching for the most mobile pack he can get. I like stone, the only issue I have is Wallace. Surely he can go now. At least we are getting to see some players from the emerging squad. What position does GL play?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    GL is a right winger mate
    Thanks mate. That makes it simple. GL to wing, spry to centre and carty can replace Wallace. Happy days all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Thanks mate. That makes it simple. GL to wing, spry to centre and carty can replace Wallace. Happy days all round.
    Not sure it's that simple, not a fan of debuting two rookie backs at the same time, especially if your solution has them both on the same edge.

plus the Warriors wingers are absolute giants while GL is like 5’9

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Not sure it's that simple, not a fan of debuting two rookie backs at the same time, especially if your solution has them both on the same edge.
    Yeh, I was being a bit fasitious, but saying that if they are in the squad and ready to play, then play them. What have we got to lose? And they may actually step and do a good job. No worse than having 2nd rowers playing in the centres and them getting targeted anyway.

They are selling tickets to the game Now, has anyone heard once nominating for the warriors game what seats you guys have?