Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 9: NZ WARRIORS vs TITANS

NZ WARRIORS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is our bogey team (the first person who says “they are all our bogey team” can kiss my butt) so I’m hoping we rub their noses in it this week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah I agree. If I was to pick one team to call our bogey team it’s NZ. They seem to lift for some reason and be more motivated when they play us.
    I’d like the 6000 crowd cap to successfully limit things so it feels like a genuine Titans home game against them for once.
    It disappoints me seeing the NZers who live here and work here abd bringing up kids here not getting around our club, community and team.
    Sure go for NZ in International Sports 100% but in club footy be with us.

First Grader

Does anyone have the club email to nominate for Warriors game and it ends up with the Sharks and then nothing

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Does anyone have the club email to nominate for Warriors game and it ends up with the Sharks and then nothing
    I can help you and everyone else out with that.
    If that happens it means you already filled out their survey last week and the club already knows you want tickets and are intending to go to future matches.
    You have nothing to worry about.

I’ve both spoken on the phone to Adam and received an email from Mitch about it.

So getting that Sharks page come up when you log in Is actually good news.

First Grader

Thanks Bodsie

I got the sharks page but hadn't nominated. All sorted now. I'm with you bodsie. Hopefully we can drown out the warriors supporters for a change.

I thought the Govt advert in the paper yesterday stated that crowds could be 50% of capacity up to 25,000. That means we could have up to around 13,000 even though we wouldn't get that. Have I read it wrong or is the nanny state mentality striking again.

Edit: just read the latest Titans email and they have decided to slow the crowd increases. Yep the nanny state mentality as I thought. Blows me away.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 06-07-20 at 04:18 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I thought the Govt advert in the paper yesterday stated that crowds could be 50% of capacity up to 25,000. That means we could have up to around 13,000 even though we wouldn't get that. Have I read it wrong or is the nanny state mentality striking again.

Edit: just read the latest Titans email and they have decided to slow the crowd increases. Yep the nanny state mentality as I thought. Blows me away.
    One mans “nanny state” is another mans “response to a pandemic”.
    Depends where you sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    One mans “nanny state” is another mans “response to a pandemic”.
    Depends where you sit.
    Ok....but the Government has given the ok for 50% of a venues capacity to be used, and the Titans haven't taken it.
    I guess I'm just over some of the crap. For example the Govt gives the ok for venues to increase patrons, but from 12pm on a Monday. Why not opening time. The border is open, except to Vics from the 10th - why not now, rather than have a two hour delay today getting over the border. Whats going to change between today and Friday. My mates in business are spewing.
    Not to mention the kick to kick on the ground after games (not now of course). The Titans or CBus management use any excuse to cancel it and even to know that it even happens is in the fine print of game day promotions. The AFL advertise as a main attraction and as a result their grounds are flooded with kids.
    Rant over.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Ok....but the Government has given the ok for 50% of a venues capacity to be used, and the Titans haven't taken it.
    I guess I'm just over some of the crap. For example the Govt gives the ok for venues to increase patrons, but from 12pm on a Monday. Why not opening time. The border is open, except to Vics from the 10th - why not now, rather than have a two hour delay today getting over the border. Whats going to change between today and Friday. My mates in business are spewing.
    Not to mention the kick to kick on the ground after games (not now of course). The Titans or CBus management use any excuse to cancel it and even to know that it even happens is in the fine print of game day promotions. The AFL advertise as a main attraction and as a result their grounds are flooded with kids.
    Rant over.
    Love a good rant whether I agree or not. Some great points there. I don’t recall hearing that 50% would be allowed in. You are probably right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Love a good rant whether I agree or not. Some great points there. I don’t recall hearing that 50% would be allowed in. You are probably right though.
    Too many reds probably mate.
    A great week for sport on the Coast. Titans Friday night and I think I'll go to AFL games on Saturday and Sunday arvos. Take advantage of it all while we can. I'm NRL through and through but why not watch the other stuff when decent games are here.

TEAM LIST V WARRIORS

1 Corey Thompson
    2 Anthony Don
    3 Beau Fermor
    4 Bryce Cartwright
    5 Treymain Spry
    6 Ashley Taylor
    7 Jamal Fogarty
    8 Moeaki Fotuaika
    9 Erin Clark
    10 Jaimin Jolliffe
    11 Sam Stone
    12 Keegan Hipgrave
    13 Jai Arrow (c)

INTERCHANGE
    14 Tanah Boyd
    15 Sam Lisone
    16 Tyrone Peachey
    17 Jarrod Wallace

18 Jai Whitbread
    19 Nathan Peats
    20 Greg Leleisiuao
    21 Tyrone Roberts
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 07-07-20 at 03:06 PM.

Some big changes in there, hopefully we get to see GL take Cartwright's spot, don't mind seeing Fermor in centre he seems quite agile. How good is it finally seeing Spry get a run, still wish Kelly wasn't injured though.

Not the best looking team of the year but great to see the blooding of some new players.

Surely Fermor in the centres is a g up? And why the hell would Stone be back in the team let alone starting?? I can see why he would put Spry in over GL though seeing as the Warriors wingers are giants