Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Are we already crucifying Fermor? I think if anything it shows we don’t need to offer KP a contract at all. First game ffs. Give him a break.

Immortal

No one to blame but myself for daring to dream. I am an absolute idiot. .

The injuries arent good but still shouldn't have been blown out like that after the score at half time.

Don was our best on field today, Mo, Joliffee, Clark, Hipgrave, Peachey, Arrow, Fogarty, Corey, Ash, Lisone can all hold the heads up high.

Cartwright FAIL

Tyrone Roberts FAIL (needs to not even be mentioned in our team again)
    Last edited by indoallstars; 04-07-20 at 04:23 PM.

Comprehensively beaten in the second half. Even so, the first half was great. Players out of position hurt us today and it is clear that Roberts should not be in the squad anymore. Didn't offer much to be honest. Cartwright is also not a centre, but what can you do? Fermor will improve but how good was it to see him hitting holes at speed. Once all the pieces fall into place we will be more than competitive. I thought we might jag a win today, but even with the scoreline I'm not too upset. We kept having a crack.

Fermor was a late addition on debut, on a disjointed 13 due to injuries, off an ACL rehab, playing 80 minutes, on an edge with Ash Taylor, Peachey, the likes of Erin Clark (no disrespect) at lock and Wallace on defense, still ran for sub-200 metres and yet he gets called out by some here, sad. He looked good out there and was clearly gassed in the second half, think he has potential to be a real cornerstone in the pack long-term with Mo and Tino.

Not much to say from that game however. Mo, Corey and Don were terrific as was Ash. No more Roberts at 1 next week please literally anyone else, go and wheel out Shannon Walker if you have to.

I liked Fermor in attack today and I'd be lying if I didn't say was dreaming that Fifita was licking his lips looking at the gaps Ash put him through...

One other thing, who was captain today? If it was arrow, why was he off the field for so long? Lacked leadership today.

QLD Cup

If you are referring to me I’d like to clarify that I still thought he played well. He definitely showed a lot of potential and I’d have him on the bench next week. It was refreshing to see somebody hitting holes and running great lines. His defence tailed off in the second half but as you’ve correctly pointed out NZTITAN he was defending in a pretty disjointed line and he was more than likely gassed from his lack of game time leading into the game.

Sick of all the bias media reporting. Moylan injured Moylan injured Moylan injured and Sharks still thrashed the Titans...yet no mention of an injury depleted Titans side. It's so infuriating. I have 0 doubts we would have been able to roll with the Sharks had we had more players available.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Whys that mate ? You’re far from and idiot.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Are we already crucifying Fermor? I think if anything it shows we don’t need to offer KP a contract at all. First game ffs. Give him a break.
    100%. It’s ridiculous. Kid on debut first proper game off and ACL injury, working on a defensive edge between Taylor & Peachey, being peppered by SJ & friends.

Edit: forgot to mention Roberts takes responsibility for calling numbers, spacing and defensive pressure from the back. He’s always been terrible at it from fullback and it’s noticeable.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-07-20 at 06:36 PM.

First Grader

The biggest problem was the goal line defence. It was atrocious all day

When you pick 3 halves & 3 hookers we were always going to be in trouble

We start again next week but surely we can’t see 3 names again selected

Cartwright
    Roberts
    Wallace

The knockers of young Beau should maybe take a good look at his game , plenty to like about his commitment & attitude & he’ll get much better with decisions under pressure like tonight, Great debut

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The biggest problem was the goal line defence. It was atrocious all day
    Too small
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I’m with you ... I nearly posted during the week that the Sharks boast a huge side ... up until halftime we had their measure but in the end our errors, no rub of the green from Sutton v.3 and a pop-gun bench stuffed us. It’s easy to say we were lucky to have so many hookers but that only applies in Kings Cross ... very disappointed in our capitulation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    When you pick 3 halves & 3 hookers we were always going to be in trouble

We start again next week but surely we can’t see 3 names again selected

Cartwright
    Roberts
    Wallace

The knockers of young Beau should maybe take a good look at his game , plenty to like about his commitment & attitude & he’ll get much better with decisions under pressure like tonight, Great debut

- - - Updated - - -

Too small
    Sharks big boys ran at Tanah Boyd all game and I thought he handled himself well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady