Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Loving the warriors game

The sharks bench were monstrous, we weren’t able to contain that.
    Impressive debut by Fermor, yes he made some errors in defence but huge potential.
    Once again Cartwright and Roberts showed they aren’t NRL standard. We have a fullback, let him play there.
    We are miles away from the teams in and around the top eight, there is a huge gulf between the top 6 and the rest. We just need to keep working through our roster giving game time to everyone and moving on those who don’t aim up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Loving the warriors game
    Yes I loved that game.

Inactive User

I thought we may go winless this season so each win we have got has been fools gold.
    We have an awful roster and it’s now injury ravaged epically.
    May these horrendous losses be a good pointer to Justin and Mal as to what we need to get and who we need to get rid of.

The temptation often is to re-sign people that we shouldn’t, these losses show the decision makers that we need to perform drastic surgery to our salary cap and roster.

So be it.

Immortal

I think Tannah Boyd deserves a big wrap he looked like he was gone with a shoulder injury late in the match but made it back on the field and did not shirk his defensive duties. With Rein out it will be interesting to see what Justin Holbrook does next week with the starting hooker position.

Yeah Boyd is going good mate. He plays a nice short side as well.

On a positive, its clear we are running significantly better shape this year. Holbrook’a effect is obvious but it also highlights just how rubbish our list is. Combine this with the injuries and it’s never gonna be pretty.

Thompson needs to be at fullback next week and we need to be smarter with the 21 we name.

- - - Updated - - -

Match report on the scrimmage match played:

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/...crimmage-draw/

Is there any footage of the scrimmage?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I think Tannah Boyd deserves a big wrap he looked like he was gone with a shoulder injury late in the match but made it back on the field and did not shirk his defensive duties. With Rein out it will be interesting to see what Justin Holbrook does next week with the starting hooker position.
    Where the hell has Peats gone lol

Highlights of the match

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ETQW6nVojI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^^ no way can I put myself through that

Everytime I turn on the NRL, it’s always about the broncos, bloody bigger news then COVID now.. like panic stations, why such big news.. we don’t even get talked about and we have been awe full for Years

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Everytime I turn on the NRL, it’s always about the broncos, bloody bigger news then COVID now.. like panic stations, why such big news.. we don’t even get talked about and we have been awe full for Years
    The rusted on long suffering loyal fans of the GC Titans are the best fans in the game of Rugby League.

Don’t get me wrong I think Holbrook is great and am stoked to have him, but I would love to know the reasoning behind some of his interchanges. Why waste a sub taking Mo off at halftime? Wouldn’t it make sense to either take him off around the 30th minute, or 10-15 minutes into the second half. He’s got a huge motor, i’m sure the 10 minute break at halftime would be plenty for him. Also what was up with Arrow only playing around 45 minutes and using Clark as a middle forward?

I also thought Roberts was absolutely pathetic, got shrugged off by blokes like Brailey and showed no intention to stop any of their tries. If he’s fullback again next week I’ll be very concerned

Inactive User

I wonder if the Coach may give some thought to dropping Fogarty and playing TRoberts at half.
    TRoberts as we were all saying pre game cannot be our FB.

We won’t know what’s happening in the sheds to predict the interchange. The fact this is the first time he’s done it like that would indicate a necessity rather than a strategy.

It’s not unusual for arrow to only get 50 mins and considering we didn’t see a lot of ball in the second half may be an explanation for availability of being able to sub.

Roberts and Clarke’s use were an unfortunate 21 man squad that was named on Tuesday.

I just looked back and he did it with Mo against the Tigers and Rabbits. Really don’t get the logic behind it