Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Oh boy we are in real trouble now.

Happy for injuries to happen at training than in a game but the 21 we named really left us with limited options.

Time to change my tip and captain SJ in SuperCoach.

Well if there is one good outcome of this, we get to see how our team performs with last minute changes (surprisingly our team sometimes plays better with final changes and people getting injured on the field - go figure!).

I am worried about the size of our back like, we are holding a lot of small people so I at least hope the game plan is to move the ball around and utilise offloads and second phase plays. I feel this will be the only way we can win.

Or...... Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson overplay their hand and are completely out of sync and their whole spine is playing individually instead of as a team.

But whoever shows up on game day will be the winner..... Any Given Saturday!

We are all agreed. Roberts is a liability. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a last minute scratching. Thompson needs to be fullback. That is his position, let him keep it.

I'm shocked to see Thompson not at 1.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Was just having a wAlk with Mrs Bods and in our conversation I told her about James/Pearson/Proctor/Sami/AJ all top 17 players unavailable due to various injuries and incidents off field and she described that happening in one word.
    “Embarrassing”.
    She’s right.
    We will cop it this year because we are reshaping our list and salary cap but I’ll be watching with interest any changes the Coach makes next off season in S and C.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the article says the Coach won’t finalise the 17 until tomorrow so there is still hope that TRoberts isn’t the FB.

If Roberts can’t last the 80 minutes, what are our options. As Roberts can’t play wing interchanging with Thompson is not an option. Not sure what the fascination is with having Tyrone in the side

Inactive User

I was at the Suns game where they let in only 2000 and I saw the normally quiet grumble members like myself put in an extra effort and join in the Cheering of the Suns Cheer Squad. I think it made a real difference and made that match a proper home game for them.

Can I please encourage people that won the lottery and are attending today to please get around any cheers that The Legion or whomever else that has a crack at creating atmosphere and make today a home game.

I’ve noticed on social media there are a lot of GC/Tweed residents (non community oxygen and sewerage system extra users) who barrack for Cronulla trying to get hold of tickets for today GRRR.

Let’s make sure today is a proper home game for us by having only Titans fans there and being extra noisy.

Fire Up and lets have some extra culture.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm shocked to see Thompson not at 1.
    I don't get it either. Just stick with the same spine, ffs.

I hate it too but what other solution would we have with the 21 man squad we named?

oh man just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Kelly is out and Cartwright centre. Clark and Boyd on the bench, wtf are we supposed to do with 3 hookers

Greg Leleisiuao has to feel very unlucky right now

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Greg Leleisiuao has to feel very unlucky right now
    Surely next week he's gotta be at least named in the top 21.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I hate it too but what other solution would we have with the 21 man squad we named?
    Exactly.

How bad is our ability to keep players healthy? No point building a good roster when we can’t even keep them fit to play. It’s embarrassing and happens often enough for it to be more than bad luck.

Spry And Pere Shine With Big Try Haul In Scrimmage Draw

Titans.com.au

The Titans showed plenty of fighting spirit to twice dig themselves out of deep holes to salvage a 24-all draw with Cronulla in the nine-a-side scrimmage game at Cbus Stadium.

The pick-up game between players not included in the 17-man NRL squads had a bit of everything, with some brilliant attacking football and juicy defence in glorious sunshine at Robina.

With the Titans’ NRL backline stocks taking a hammering with injuries in recent weeks, Kea Pere and Treymain Spry picked an opportune time to make a statement and impress coach Justin Holbrook – bagging five tries between them.

Pere picked up a hat-trick and Spry a double, and both looked terrific in general play.

Young half Toby Sexton was another to impress, showing plenty of confidence to back himself and experiment with a few things – not always successfully – to look the goods as a future playmaker for the Titans.

The Sharks jumped out to an 8-0 lead after just seven minutes, with the Titans sluggish and seemingly more keen on using arms than shoulders in defence to let Cronulla run through the line at will.

But Spry’s quick-fire double in the 8th and 10th minutes quickly squared the ledger and ignited the Titans, Spry both times combining with Sexton down the left edge to find room.

The second try was a brilliant individual effort from Spry, who careered 30m down field on an angled run, looking menacing with the ball in one hand.

Sexton was the next to shine in the 12th minute, blasting through four Sharks defenders in the middle of the field on a tough, hard run, and then positioning Ioane Seiuli beautifully with a one-handed off-load to give the Titans the lead.

The Sharks squared it up at 12-all at halftime, and the two teams traded scoring blows in the second half until Cronulla pushed clear with a 24-16 lead.

Sexton showed class to lead the Titans out of trouble, working the left side with Spry to put Pere over in the 10th minute, and then beautifully holding up a pass to put Sam Stone through a gap three minutes later.

Stone found the ever-present Nathan Peats in support, and the hooker patiently waited for a hole to open before delivering a one-way ticket to the tryline for Pere to bag his third.

The Titans had a bit of luck, with the Sharks nearly scoring the match-winner from the restart, but some desperate Titans defence forced an error with the game at Cronulla’s mercy, and the Gold Coast escaped with the draw.

TITANS 24 (Kea Pere 3, Treymain Spry 2, Ioane Seiuli tries) drew SHARKS 24 at Cbus Super Stadium.

Inactive User

What happened to Kelly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Exactly.

How bad is our ability to keep players healthy? No point building a good roster when we can’t even keep them fit to play. It’s embarrassing and happens often enough for it to be more than bad luck.
    HS is a god of a man. Even if you think i am a dribbler, listen to HS.